PDA

View Full Version : Turning off the Auto Start-Stop Engine function

hornsch
09-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Is there anyway I can program or have the dealer program the engine Auto Start-Stop function so when the X is turned on this is automatically OFF?

I sometimes forget to turn it off manually when I start the X so at my first stop the engine turns off. Dislike!

I have an sDrive28i. Very fun to drive! Looks small from the outside but plenty of space on the inside! Can't believe the low RPM due to the 8-speed!!! Awesome!

Thanks!

valeram
09-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Just let the dealer change it. The new code will default to the last or previous settings. It will not default to OFF.

stary
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
dealer did mine free of charge

bimmerized
09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
dealer did mine free of charge

+1. free only because they get reimbursed! they should be more than happy to do it for anyone.

stary
09-07-2012, 01:38 PM
pick up my car tomorrow!

2013x1
10-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Great...my salesman did NOT tell me I could have this changed but I will ask Service about it. I've just been hitting the off mode before I even put my seat belt on. Dislike too.

stary
10-09-2012, 12:02 AM
works great, but engaging eco-pro mode will re-enable it

HotRodW
11-16-2012, 01:43 PM
FYI for those changing the programming on the Auto Start feature: there is a glitch in the programming that can disable satellite radio for those so equipped. I had my X1 re-programmed Monday, and have been without Sirius XM since. The dealer attempted to correct it today, but was unable to so until BMW readies the new software. I was told it won't be long. On a side note, the car is much more enjoyable without the feature. I don't see myself using it again. It is a long slooooow procedure for the service dept, however.

Wolfex
11-16-2012, 03:05 PM
FYI for those changing the programming on the Auto Start feature: there is a glitch in the programming that can disable satellite radio for those so equipped. I had my X1 re-programmed Monday, and have been without Sirius XM since. The dealer attempted to correct it today, but was unable to so until BMW readies the new software. I was told it won't be long. On a side note, the car is much more enjoyable without the feature. I don't see myself using it again. It is a long slooooow procedure for the service dept, however.

I had mine reprogrammed before I picked up the car. However I don't have satellite radio. I'd like to see them do the same thing for the Eco-pro mode. Whenever I get in the car I have to re-enable it. I use both features a lot since I drive in LA traffic 90% of the drive.

2013x1
11-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll wait a bit longer to get it disabled, drives me nuts.

Funkypapa
05-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Had it done by the dealer. Love the car all over again!