PDA

View Full Version : Remote Key battery charge

Edrys
09-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Guys,
My 2004 BMW 745 LI is acting up. The remote key would not open nor lock the doors. I have to pull out the spare key to open the door but the alarm would go off and I have to put the key in the slot for the alarm to stop. There is a message that pops up with a picture of the battery with the key that says " Remote Battery Charge". Is there anything I can do to charge the battery. It does not look like I can take the key apart to change the battery inside the key. Any help would be appreciated.

Frenchyrider267
11-03-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm sure you probably figured this out already by now, but just in case, go on YouTube and search for this DIY on there. There a few videos on how to change the battery in the key fob.

Edrys
11-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Thank you Frenchy, like you said, I had fixed it. I bought the battery from Ebay and have it installed at my local electronic shop.

xkye77
07-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Thank you Frenchy, like you said, I had fixed it. I bought the battery from Ebay and have it installed at my local electronic shop.

Any chances you still remember the battery model?

Thanks.

jhryder
07-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Mine has a Panasonic 2020 battery. Can find the battery, but not with the same solder tabs. Would like to know where anyone may have ordered this from. Thanks

jhryder
07-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Spoke too soon, just found a link to order the battery. Mine has the 90 degree leg option.

http://www.wholesalecarkeys.net/ml2020-lithium-cell-button-battery-for-bmw-remote-keys.html