PDA

View Full Version : Mods Overuse of authority Chevy Volt Comments

rkruz
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
From Moderator:
"Chevy volt comments
I thought I was clear the other day when I asked you to stop attacking.
Other members beside the one that started the volt thread are reporting you.
Last warning
Chris"

I have not attacked anyone. My comments were positive and described my preference that a Ferrari was a much better choice then a chevy dolt. How is that attacking anyone! The Rules are shown below. Its a forum about German cars but should be without the Nazi like repression. OWNERS......not moderators. This moderator has taken it to the worst extreme with several examples in the last 2 weeks by banning some of the most positive contributing members and his actions should be reviewed by the administrators before he allowed to unilaterally ban and delete messages based on his personal dislikes.

Im sorry, I would not be caught dead seen in a chevy dolt. How is that an attack on anyone. I dont like chevy dolts. Is it a requirement of this forum to like chevy dolts? Is the moderator a chevy dolt owner? If so, there is still not reason for mods behaviour.

You want offensive? HOw is it that "gmcclintock" has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" and THAT IS NOT OFFENSIVE to the forum and its owners. Lets have some balance here!

TheForum Rules
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Bimmerfest - BMW Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

***CCCP***
09-06-2012, 04:36 PM
The offensive part was when u started going with living with parents mommy and daddy stuff. And all that financial crap. U dont have to like volt. If u said i dont like it and in my opinion volt is crap nobody would care.

rkruz
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I got warned for that. That was #1 warning. I accept the warning.

#2 warning which i copied here was for nothing but stating that I was glad to see a mercedez was chosen and not a chevy dolt and the post was deleted and I received #2 warning.

Yet.....a user "gmcclintock" with every post has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" and that is not a clear rules violation by being vulgar and obscene? By any standards that is vulgar and obscene yet allowed. Where is the balance?

TheForum Rules
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Db750
09-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Not really sure what the problem is here; you follow the rules or leave. Especially no need to bring another members name into the situation when he is not even involved. You have to understand that when posts are reported the moderators have to take action. Some sage advice would be to add a little humor into your posts. People tend to not hit the report button when they are laughing.

You just joined up here, brother. Maybe take some time to get to know everyone before you start complaining.

Rookie2008
09-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Not really sure what the problem is here; you follow the rules or leave. Especially no need to bring another members name into the situation when he is not even involved. You have to understand that when posts are reported the moderators have to take action. Some sage advice would be to add a little humor into your posts. People tend to not hit the report button when they are laughing.

You just joined up here, brother. Maybe take some time to get to know everyone before you start complaining.

+1 you just join bro relax.

quarterto8
09-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Lol wow another issue?

Suri [TBR]
09-06-2012, 05:46 PM

+2

Well said my man!

And what exactly is up with you spelling Volt as Dolt? It's not funny at all if that's what you're trying to get at.

Either respect the rules and other member's opinions or leave. It's that simple.

Suri [TBR]
09-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh and one more thing, Chris is an excellent moderator so go ahead and complain to the admins. He has the rest of us to back him up.

Rookie2008
09-06-2012, 05:51 PM
;7058318']Oh and one more thing, Chris is an excellent moderator so go ahead and complain to the admins. He has the rest of us to back him up.

+1k

rkruz
09-06-2012, 05:51 PM
;7058315']+2

Well said my man!

And what exactly is up with you spelling Volt as Dolt? It's not funny at all if that's what you're trying to get at.

Either respect the rules and other member's opinions or leave. It's that simple.

So now correct spelling is part of the TOS?

Back at you.....respect the ruls and other members opinions. Its that simple..and goes 2 ways.
And it that "gmcclintock" has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" and THAT IS NOT OFFENSIVE to the forum and its owners.

Rookie2008
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Back at you.....respect the ruls and other members opinions. Its that simple..and goes 2 ways.

You seem VERY un happy dude, do yourself a favor an just leave it alone. You want it your way an its not right. If the man chooses to buy a scooter than another 7 its his money an his credit not yours or ours, so lets just support one another decision on what ever it is. Whether its a 7 or Volt.

***CCCP***
09-06-2012, 06:01 PM
I agree with you guys.
Man ur not in a position where u can say f.... off or go f... urself. And both are going to laugh and drink beer in the end. Even we ( members who know eachother for a while) get in arguments, disagree 100% and things get out of control sometimes. But no matter what, that person who u were arguing with 5 secs ago will be the 1st one to help you with the real problem. U kinda need to earn that; well thats how i look at this,,, maybe some will disagree. Now ur being watched, little step " across the line" will get u in ****. Plus Chris ( moderator) is a good guy and hes respected here around members, let me tell u he works so hard for us all, doesnt care bout his own time that he spends on this forum dealing with crap. He could well spend it with his family or his lovely boat instead. This is the wrong place to complain bout something he did. And trust me, if u dont agree with his actions for any reason or u think he missed something or something isnt fair - just PM him and have a nice chat. Hes easy going guy, and nobody is perfect hes the one who isnt afraid to admit his fault. No need to get this out in public.

rkruz
09-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Totally off topic. The issue is of censoring benign comments because there is disagreement by someone who has the access to do so and does so without any proper balance.
Ok I said a mercedez is a better choice then a chevy dolt...........and yet......"gmcclintock" a member since 2009 has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" which is a clear violation of standards of etiquit and clearly a violation of the rules of this form but he operates with impunity

Rookie2008
09-06-2012, 06:07 PM

***CCCP***
09-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Totally off topic. The issue is of censoring benign comments because there is disagreement by someone who has the access to do so and does so without any proper balance.
Ok I said a mercedez is a better choice then a chevy dolt...........and yet......"gmcclintock" a member since 2009 has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" which is a clear violation of standards of etiquit and clearly a violation of the rules of this form but he operates with impunity

If that signature makes you uncomfortable in any way etc feel free to report it to moderator and actions are going to taken to deal with it. We dont care what his signature says. Moderators do not go through the forum and look for violations or some one who dont follow the rules just to start sh!t with the member get pissed at him and ban him. In order to get msg like that with warning somebody has to report and thats when he steps in. Just stop bringing that up. Bad example. Dont think we hate new members or we have nothing to do rather then pick on u. If i tell u something offensive and it will make u feel uncomfortable in anyway and u hit the report button. Trust me ill get in sh!t with Chris even tho wer are friends and ill get in deeper sh!t for it if for example u ( new guy) say something like this to me. Moderators let a lot of this slide for you new guys. Hope it makes sense.

N62B44 SGM
09-06-2012, 07:18 PM
The owners of Bimmerfest - BMW Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
You said it best yourself. Quit complaining because they deleted your posts. They reserve the right to do that. You have no respect for the fellow members on here. Now you want to complain about gmcclintock's profile? Give me a break. Usually we hear repetitive complaining about car issues that have threads already and your complaints are what you've stated above? Jeez man. Not all of us like or agree with others opinions but at least we don't all dwell on it like you do. Like its been said above, if you so strongly disagree just don't bother saying anything. I really hate to reply to things like this thread itself but when someone just won't let it go I'm not one to stay quiet.

Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App

Expo BMW
09-06-2012, 07:21 PM
The mods did the right thing. You were being obnoxious on that thread.

Slick444
09-06-2012, 07:54 PM
This is something perhaps Chris and the op should discuss and sort out together. It's been my experience that multiple opinions will only rile things up and make more animosity and cause forum enemies.

Everyone has a point and sometimes posts are taken out of context Bevause there is only the text there and no emotion. Many times it will inadvertently stroke someone the wrong way.

Just my 2 cents from alot of experience.

***CCCP***
09-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Plus ur still going on bout volt in other thread ( 7 covered with stickers) that has nothing to do with it. We already know u hate that car. Saying what u said in that thread is too much man. If i was the owner of the volt i wouldnt be nice to u anymore. Thats just trolling.

BMWfanatic87
09-06-2012, 08:22 PM

I have to agree with him on the situation with the member that has profanity in his signature. They should be told to change it to something less vulgar.

sirstopher
09-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I gave you 2 verbal warnings, that's nothing... lol

Wong would have banned your a$$.

Welcome to the e65 group newbie.

PropellerHead
09-06-2012, 08:51 PM
This moderator has taken it to the worst extreme with several examples in the last 2 weeks by banning some of the most positive contributing members and his actions should be reviewed by the administrators before he allowed to unilaterally ban and delete messages based on his personal dislikes.Guess what:

He's let the mods and admins know every step of the way what he's doing.

Guess what else:

He has our full support. :thumbup:

Carry on.

Slick444
09-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Wow propeller. You have close to 10,000 posts. Impressive.!!!

N62B44 SGM
09-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I gave you 2 verbal warnings, that's nothing... lol

Welcome to the e65 group newbie.

+1!

M.Wong
09-06-2012, 08:59 PM

Yup. :D

You guys are lucky to have sirstopher here. :thumbup:

Db750
09-06-2012, 09:14 PM
This is kinda awkward...

sirstopher
09-06-2012, 09:24 PM
this is kinda awkward...

+100

Slick444
09-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Thought this song really fits lol.

Lighten up guys will ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_fdOPvmBrI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

***CCCP***
09-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Give me moderator account ill bannnnnn u all lol

Seven11
09-07-2012, 02:50 AM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/viperig/calmdown.jpg

Tenn
09-07-2012, 04:36 AM
Can we just get along?

First_745Li
09-07-2012, 07:04 AM
All in favor of a BAN based on this thread alone say "I"...lol

I'm just playing...

Suri [TBR]
09-07-2012, 09:46 AM

Be careful man, rkruz might find your language offensive :rofl:

First_745Li
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM

:rofl::rofl:

I sent that to my wife the other day... made her laugh but not for long...:eek:

Tall_Order_E66
09-07-2012, 10:27 AM
All in favor of a BAN based on this thread alone say "I"...lol

"I" <<<< #2 < Ban Meter

rkruz
09-07-2012, 01:40 PM

reported to mod as offensive and profane post. A violation of TOS

N62B44 SGM
09-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I!

MMME30W
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM

You do whatcha like, but from the point of view of someone been here a while , nothing good, really, ever comes from airing out your issues with the staff, moderators or members in public.

Emails directly to info@bimmerfest.com are your best bet.

Good luck.

N62B44 SGM
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM

In that case let me report you for using the B word in your posts regardless if you were quoting. Don't you get it? You made this post to complain and no one has cared to care or back you up! We stand behind Chris & our real fellow members who are full of knowledge not bs like yours.

rkruz
09-07-2012, 01:48 PM
I have to agree with him on the situation with the member that has profanity in his signature. They should be told to change it to something less vulgar.

There seems no judgment balance to the offense and punishment. Pots seeds in ashray (e.g. rather have a mercedez than a chevy dolt) = Life in prison ; Bold profanity in avatar = oh hes just one of they guys.
Thanks for clearing up the vulgarity mod for gmcclintock's Avatar .

rkruz
09-07-2012, 01:54 PM
In that case let me report you for using the B word in your posts regardless if you were quoting. Don't you get it? You made this post to complain and no one has cared to care or back you up! We stand behind Chris & our real fellow members who are full of knowledge not bs like yours.

What is the B word?

It appears the moderation is done by a small clique who operate with some impunity especially as to insulting, offensive and vulgar language and graphics.

Suri [TBR]
09-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I!

sirstopher
09-07-2012, 02:29 PM
There seems no judgment balance to the offense and punishment. Pots seeds in ashray (e.g. rather have a mercedez than a chevy dolt) = Life in prison ; Bold profanity in avatar = oh hes just one of they guys.
Thanks for clearing up the vulgarity mod for gmcclintock's Avatar .

I did nothing, maybe another mod helped out, maybe he just read that you too offence to it and changed his tag line?

Maybe you should do the same.

Rookie2008
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
You should just leave the forums, it is obvious you are very unhappy with the way things are here. Do yourself an the rest of us a favor.......LEAVE!

N62B44 SGM
09-07-2012, 02:37 PM

And it that "gmcclintock" has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" and THAT IS NOT OFFENSIVE to the forum and its owners.

This B word, you troll. + a million to Rookie's post.

sirstopher
09-07-2012, 02:40 PM
What is the B word?

It appears the moderation is done by a small clique who operate with some impunity especially as to insulting, offensive and vulgar language and graphics.

Again I thought I was quite clear to drop the subject in my PM this morning. Maybe you dont listen very well or are you just trying to prove a point that if you get a PM from me stating to cool the Chevy Volt comments, then you go ahead and post in three different topics about the Volt again and I send you another PM warning you and removing your insults to the guys car.

The comment above is quite clear to me. You say another word about the moderators on this site and you my friend are gone.

I really dont have all the time to listen to your childish comments and you reporting everyone.

I am closing this topic.