PDA

View Full Version : exterior trim differences on US models?

bimmerized
09-06-2012, 07:19 PM
The BMW website isn't good about explaining all the trim differences between the Lines. Can owners please share what their cars actually look like?

Are there differences in tailpipe finishes? One publication says chrome is standard. My xLine has satin silver.

Grill differences? Do they all have chrome around the rim? Are the standard center slats matte black? the slats on the Sport Line and M Sport gloss black? the xLine has titanium silver slats.

Are the bumbers different btwn the Standard, Sport Line and xLine? I can see that xLine has a slightly different rear lower section w/silver and slight differences in the front w/ a bit more silver compared to the Standard. Is the Sport Line front bumper the same as the xLine (minus the silver color), Standard, or unique (like gloss black where it is silver on the xLine)?

Do all models come w/ floor mats as standard where the Sport Line and xLine have contrasting piping on the boarder?

Is alcantara seating surface really available on the Msport as indicated on the web site under Explore?

e1322739
09-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Build the car with the different lines and packages, which will be shown in the picture. You can pan and zoom to get a good look at the differences.

bimmerized
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Build the car with the different lines and packages, which will be shown in the picture. You can pan and zoom to get a good look at the differences.

tried that, but it's difficult to tell on the low res images.

On the Sport or M-sport, which parts are in showline trim or gloss black? mirrors on the Sport, lower window molding? Grill slats? roof rack?

Are the side skirts the same on all but the M-sport, just diffrent color on the xLine or different? I think the xLine is a different part.

Please post your package and what your trimmings look like.

Mine is an xLine, not sure what the lower window molding would have been like w/o the Chromeline option and what the roof rack would have looked like w/o the satin finish option.

FWIW, I like the front bumper style before the LCI update better.