PDA

View Full Version : Battery registration DIY

Dead
09-08-2012, 06:07 PM
you all know that the battery needs to be registered when you replace it , in

these thread i well show you how to register new battery with INPA or toolset32

and this is just for REGISTERING THE SAME SIZE BATTERY

first with INPA

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341098&stc=1&d=1347236251

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341099&stc=1&d=1347236251

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341100&stc=1&d=1347236251

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341101&stc=1&d=1347236251

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341102&stc=1&d=1347236251

Dead
09-08-2012, 06:08 PM
with toolset32

first go to file then click F3 then select POW_E65.prg

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=340954&stc=1&d=1347151661

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=340955&stc=1&d=1347151661

in the second pic double click the command (steuern_batterietausch_registrieren) just ones and you are done .

remember this is for registering the same size battery not for retrofitting another size , if you want to retrofit 90AGM battery you need to register the battery with DIS because DIS well register only 90AGM battery , if you want to retrofit another battery size you have to use NCS expert .

***CCCP***
09-08-2012, 07:37 PM
We always used inpa. Should i use both or registering with inpa is enough

Dead
09-08-2012, 07:56 PM
registering ones is enough , some ppl have problem with INPA registering there battery so i put toolset32 .

MrBMW7
09-09-2012, 06:37 AM
Good to know that you can also do that with ToolSet32. Thanks for sharing!
FYI: I cannot see the first 5 pictures. Maybe it's just me.

AceFX
09-09-2012, 06:46 AM
I cant see them either..... it's not just you :dunno:

Ace :drive:

sirstopher
09-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Yep, no photos on first five uploads. Let me know if you need help fixing this, then I will sticky

Dead
09-09-2012, 05:21 PM
sorry guys pics uploaded again .

Blackbox760
09-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Thank you

Mr_Burger
09-20-2012, 03:19 AM
So this battery (http://www.performancebatteries.co.uk/product/AX+595+850/) should register with INPA/Tool32 ok then :)

Maverick62
10-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Help me out here? what is this battery thing ( registration ) with what? the car computer ?
So if you take out the battery and say get a sears diehard gold . what happens can someone
explain . will another battery work ( doesn't it just see a 12 volt power supply?

diehard $100
bmw $200

***CCCP***
10-10-2012, 03:45 PM
U need AGM battery. It must be registered. Otherwise it wont charge properly. Our cars are very sensitive. If ur battery is low or doesnt get charged properly u will get different errors and faults. Ur car need to know how it needs to charge battery thats why u need to register it. U can go to dealer, INDY, or u can set up bmw tools and do it urself

***CCCP***
10-10-2012, 03:47 PM
100$ difference isnt that much compares to the price of other sensors modules etc. i would go with bmw battery but many ppl go with aftermarket and they are ok

Maverick62
10-10-2012, 03:59 PM
thanks comrade

***CCCP***
10-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Np

KGB_SSSR
10-22-2012, 07:11 AM
This method is usefull only when you replace the battery with the same power - 95Ah.
But what if you want to replace it with 110Ah?

Sircas
10-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Who has used a non OEM BMW Battery @ $300? I buy all my batteries from auto zone (warranty = 8 years). I am looking at replacing my 03 745i battery with a Duralast (for my specific year & model = same size!) auto zone battery! I am having my local dealership register it!

Andrewadams211
11-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Who has used a non OEM BMW Battery @ $300? I buy all my batteries from auto zone (warranty = 8 years). I am looking at replacing my 03 745i battery with a Duralast (for my specific year & model = same size!) auto zone battery! I am having my local dealership register it!

How did this work out for you? I'm looking to do the same thing. Do I NEED to have the exact battery that the dealer is suggesting??

KGB_SSSR
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I've used nonBMW battery on my 745 2002: Varta Silver Dynamic 110ah. It cost me about 150 USD. The only important thing was to register the higher Ah, and my friend has done it for me, but i dont remember how - with DIS, INPA or somehow other way.

hellrazor1
11-20-2012, 04:14 AM
how or where do you get these different programs? do you need to hook up a laptop to the car

fabecton4570
11-23-2012, 07:09 AM
So guys, I just bought a 2004 745Li from a car dealer here in town. He did put a new battery in the car. Now I am getting a fault message, "Dynamic Drive Inactive" about every 3-5 days.
1. He is not a BMW dealer, just used cars. So, he would probably not know about this? If my message is from the battery not being registered, how would go about explaining this procedure to the dealer?
2. Could this be causing my problem with the fault message?
Thanks!

So, took my car back to the dealer, and the tech came out and hook up the machine, found the battery had not been registered! He made the comment, learned something new today! So the battery is registered with the car now. I hope I don't see the "Dynamic Drive Inactive" or any message now!

Regards, Allan

pryor4444
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I have not registered the battery I replaced on my 745i. I found that if you attached another battery ( I used my 325i) to the battery jumping poles under the hood of the 745i. That way the car never lost battery power while I was changing the battery. I bought the battery from NAPA and I have had no problems.

Ultimate745i
02-01-2013, 01:59 PM
:( I dont know what ANY of this stuff means,..I just wish I could learn to POST stuff this neatly! :thumbup:

jdukes7593
02-08-2013, 10:34 AM
I put an after market batt in and didnt register it now my radio and nav screen is going bezeerk ano my transmission is shifitin hard and my transmission failsafe indicator is coming on when it shifts hard its reading code p1885 solenoid short to ground will the batt cause this

Hooverdog
02-16-2013, 06:15 AM
Hey guys,

I usually spend most of my time over on the 6 series site but have a related battery question? I just took my wife's '06 750Li in to an indy for the first time since coming off of the CPO for brakes, fluids, etc. I had them replace the battery ($330) as well as it only had 30% life left. When my wife piced up the car, she noted that none of her radio stations were gone and the seat settings were still there. It seemed like every time we took the car to the dealer, all of these setting were deleted.

My question is if it is possible to change the battery and re-initalize it to the car without losing these settings?

First_745Li
02-16-2013, 07:58 AM
I put an after market batt in and didnt register it now my radio and nav screen is going bezeerk ano my transmission is shifitin hard and my transmission failsafe indicator is coming on when it shifts hard its reading code p1885 solenoid short to ground will the batt cause this

Yes, because it's not registered the car's electrical system is "freaking out". Get it to an indepedent shop or the dealer so they can register it.

First_745Li
02-16-2013, 08:01 AM
My question is if it is possible to change the battery and re-initalize it to the car without losing these settings?

Come to think of it I don't recall having to setup any of the stations, clock, etc after the indy changed my battery.

ABogolubov
04-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Since we're on the topic of batteries. Will someone please tell me where it is - the manual is no help.

dommm
04-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Since we're on the topic of batteries. Will someone please tell me where it is - the manual is no help.

If you’re asking where the battery is, mine is in the passenger side of the trunk.

pryor4444
04-16-2013, 04:57 AM
with mine you have to take out the jack to see the top of the battery and you have to take out the spare to remove the battery.

ABogolubov
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
After sending the query about the battery location, I relealised I was just being lazy and found it through Google.

Thank you for the fast response though guys.

whytry
06-09-2013, 04:25 PM
How can I tell if my battery was replaced or not? I bought the car used, and I had he vin ran at BMW and it was recommended that the battery be replaced back in sept 2012 but if it was done it want done at the dealership per my friend the tech that ran my VIN.... He isn't local for me to say hey but chance can you check my battery, so I can verify it it was replaced or not?

wog boy
06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Just checked because my battery is due for replacement as the blower fan function speed flowincreases and decreases depending on the distance I drive, I just removed my battery to find the AH rating to order a replacement and found the battery has the date of build stamped on the - negative post, mine has a date of 30th week 2005, 90 AH/900cca

whytry
06-09-2013, 06:32 PM
So if my battery needs to be replaced I can basically get my own battery and then I can have it registered in a couple days or something?

wog boy
06-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Pick of the battery to save you removing yours just to check what size it is, this one is fitted in the facelift 2005+ and up 750Li

wog boy
06-16-2013, 04:32 AM
So if my battery needs to be replaced I can basically get my own battery and then I can have it registered in a couple days or something?

Dealer informed me if it is like to like replacement of battery then no further action is required and you can perform the replacement yourself

promanusa
06-16-2013, 09:26 PM
I believe you need to register the battery no matter what. BMW's power management module needs to know what kind of battery it is so the ECU can optimize the charge.

A B Able Truck
06-18-2013, 07:58 AM
I have not registered the battery I replaced on my 745i. I found that if you attached another battery ( I used my 325i) to the battery jumping poles under the hood of the 745i. That way the car never lost battery power while I was changing the battery. I bought the battery from NAPA and I have had no problems.

I did the same thing on my 2006 550I. Battery went dead - I jump started and drove to the battery store - we hooked up the memory saver to the cig lighter & hooked jumper cables to jump post under hood - very carefully replaced bad battery - that was over a year ago with no problems.
Question; If you had a good battery but left your lights on and it drained. You charge your good battery - would it be necessary to re-register that good battery? If so why?
** Just curious **

Nygel
06-18-2013, 10:44 AM
I did the same thing on my 2006 550I. Battery went dead - I jump started and drove to the battery store - we hooked up the memory saver to the cig lighter & hooked jumper cables to jump post under hood - very carefully replaced bad battery - that was over a year ago with no problems.
Question; If you had a good battery but left your lights on and it drained. You charge your good battery - would it be necessary to re-register that good battery? If so why?
** Just curious **

The reason why the battery needs to be register is due to the charging system/cycle. On a new battery that has been register the charging will not be of a high load not to burn a cell out as the battery ages the charging load increase as the battery to help with heat and prolong the life.

wog boy
06-24-2013, 03:33 AM
Yep can confirm the following below is correct. I had the Dealer replace my original battery as car was delivered in late 2005 with a early 2013 battery in identical size 90AH / 900CCA and we did the registration via their scan tool to let the power module to not continue to overcharge the new battery and allow it to slowly increase the charge rate overtime over the battery's life. Cost was AUD$165.00 labour and AUD$600.00 trade price for the battery.

whytry
07-04-2013, 06:00 PM
So it looks like my battery had been replaced with an aftermarket one from like autozone. How can I verify if it's been coded to the car? Is there a way to check it on my own? Or does it need to go to a dealership type place?

Hopefully I can verify on my own

ctaylorgraham
07-05-2013, 07:15 AM
I am trying to register the battery on my 2008 750Li but i get error messages when I try either option shown here.

With INPA (using INPA ) I get "group file:D_POW.SYS-0012: Identification error"
With ToolSet32 I get "runtime error '339': Component 'richtxt32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I am able to go in and see car error codes, I can see the A/C settings and see them change in real time, so I'm a bit lost.

ctaylorgraham
07-05-2013, 07:22 AM
The error above should be With INPA (using INPA ) I get "group file: D_POW.SYS-0012: Identification error" with no space between D and : but the system is making it an emoticon.

PAPER
07-09-2013, 04:31 PM
The error above should be With INPA (using INPA ) I get "group file: D_POW.SYS-0012: Identification error" with no space between D and : but the system is making it an emoticon.

You might need to Update your Daten files .

ctaylorgraham
07-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I went back through the process and that helped. The Nav software that's in your tag line; does that work on a 2008?

PAPER
07-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I went back through the process and that helped. The Nav software that's in your tag line; does that work on a 2008?

glad to hear you fixed it .
yes it is a custom 2013 Map DVD
that can be used with our Navi systems

Ten_Til_8
07-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but I wanted to know if there was a special tool needed to register the battery, or if you somehow do it through the dashboard unit. I am receiving a transmission fault error and am hoping the battery will take care of this (as others have indicated it resolved their issues).

MikesE39
08-04-2013, 03:15 AM
ok I just bought an 06 750li. coming from an e39 I don't know what the hell toolset is or how u get it or how it connects to ur car or anything about it to be honest with you. so can someone plz give me a general description of this thing? I just got a new battery and im guessing I need to do this. I have warning lights in my dash like, park brake, dsc, check engine, and like 3 other ones I don't even know. maybe this has something to do with it

TheQ
08-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Can someone in here provides detailed steps to take before this registration. I don't want to pay another $450 to get my battery replaced last week by the dealer again if I can save some money DIY.

Thanks.

Piers1989
08-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Can someone in here provides detailed steps to take before this registration. I don't want to pay another $450 to get my battery replaced last week by the dealer again if I can save some money DIY.

Thanks.

The guide on the first post shows step by step what buttons to press with pictures lol, how much more detail do you need?

zkost
09-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know if not registering a battery may cause the AC compressor not to work?

Note: I have already completely replaced my compressor, evaporator valve and pressure switch and the symptoms are the same. If I jump the compress from the battery or tell INPA to turn on the compressor it blows cold air, but by itself it doesn't...

Reading this post, I'm wondering if when I replaced the battery last fall if by not registering the battery to the car might this be causing my electrical system to act dumb.

For example, at times I start my car always with the same key and all of my personal settings are gone on my radio and chair. I shut the car off and start it at another time and WA LA it's all back to normal.

Also, I get a message "Rear Light Tag Light" is malfunctioning at times. I have replaced both lamps and they work fine. but at times I still get the message.

Has anyone seen this? Perhaps it's a different amperage battery and the system is preventing the compressor from starting so as not to damage it????

Nygel
09-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Does anyone know if not registering a battery may cause the AC compressor not to work?

Note: I have already completely replaced my compressor, evaporator valve and pressure switch and the symptoms are the same. If I jump the compress from the battery or tell INPA to turn on the compressor it blows cold air, but by itself it doesn't...

Reading this post, I'm wondering if when I replaced the battery last fall if by not registering the battery to the car might this be causing my electrical system to act dumb.

For example, at times I start my car always with the same key and all of my personal settings are gone on my radio and chair. I shut the car off and start it at another time and WA LA it's all back to normal.

Also, I get a message "Rear Light Tag Light" is malfunctioning at times. I have replaced both lamps and they work fine. but at times I still get the message.

Has anyone seen this? Perhaps it's a different amperage battery and the system is preventing the compressor from starting so as not to damage it????

Yes, I afraid it can have adverse effects

CarFanatic
09-09-2013, 07:01 AM
do we select e65 even though we have a e66 ?

Nygel
09-09-2013, 07:58 AM
do we select e65 even though we have a e66 ?

yes we do.

whalepirot
09-29-2013, 12:50 PM
This is what I learned, the hard way, via a trip from hell:

The battery charging, like most other systems on these cars, is computer controlled, hence they are demanding of more information and are very sensitive to proper voltages.

Specifically, two aspect needed for the smart chargers within, are the battery type and the CCA rating. Absorbed glass mat batteries have differing charge rates (profiles) and discharge profiles than traditional lead-acid batteries. Either type can be profiled in the car but some shops report strange problems with non-AGM types.

Our '05 745Li refused to blow on high, except on defrost. The problem was cured with a new AGM battery, despite the 'old' lead/acid being rather new and registered to the car, with mileage when done, stored in the car's computer.

As a protection strategy, the car will "load shed" under given circumstances, two of which are dropping system voltage and rising coolant temperature. What system is shed (shut off) is prioritized; first being (in my case) minor volume changes or pops in the left audio channel, progressing within minutes, to ABS warning, Stability control warning, transmission in protective mode, dash light dimming, then engine shutdown via EFI, etc. I saw all this recur withing a 5 minute timeframe +/-. The car will lock in a high gear in the trans protect mode, perhaps making it impossible to climb small inclines.

Also, the car locks in park with E-brake set, when shutdown, having towing implications. There is a release handle, difficult to find, under the dash, above the driver's left foot (US) accessed thru a keyed cover. Pulling the cord, releases both, allowing the car to roll (ensure it is secured otherwise, if needed). Now is a good time to know exactly where to find it, as not all tow truck drivers are aware. One used a jumper box to start my car; needed to shift from Park.

Given the above, I learned why the battery type and rating is important, similar to why my old-school battery chargers are unsuitable for AGM batteries, outside of jump starting. Some independent shops know the above, many do not. Some prefer BMW brand, perhaps b/c of ignorance, but I have seen good result from non-BMW brands of high quality. The Palm Desert shop that replaced the L/A with AGM did not reregister, probably causing many headaches on my recent road trip.

Sadly, BMW provides us with virtually no information about charging state (voltage) until the computer-generated idiot lights begin. Enroute, I finally rigged up an indicator to read accessory plug voltage via the newly acquired DVM. Instant info was there, telling me (and a good technician) that the system was not charging properly, post-'fix' and after a road test indicated effective repair. That same "rig" was crucial to my knowing the system was not slowly approaching shutdown, and that headlights and other added loads were being borne by the alternator. The plug with two wires cost <$3.50 at a truck stop where I performed a full recharge. Simply working the DVM probes into the plug's leads, then wrapped with electrical tape, proved an invaluable tool. Such devices, professionally made, are available.

I will never take a long trip again without jumper cables, a digital volt-ohm-meter and the plug for cockpit readings.

FWIW, the onset of load shedding is at 12.8vDC while normal running voltage is 14.1 +/-.

raymound
10-06-2013, 11:52 AM
How can I register my new battery?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using BimmerApp mobile app

sid32
10-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Just make sure when replace the battery ues the boster to give a power going on the terminal so u don't have registered to the car I just replace my battery I was gonna do it myself but I pay 30 bucks and the guy did it for me pick up the battery from auto zone . Before he disconnect the battery I so him put the booster on the terminal so my car is fine bmw 750i

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

dommm
10-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Just make sure when replace the battery ues the boster to give a power going on the terminal so u don't have registered to the car I just replace my battery I was gonna do it myself but I pay 30 bucks and the guy did it for me pick up the battery from auto zone . Before he disconnect the battery I so him put the booster on the terminal so my car is fine bmw 750i

A little hard to understand everything you said but if the guy you paid $30 to did not register your battery after installing it your car might not be fine for as long as you hope.

mgokool
10-30-2013, 05:55 PM
A little hard to understand everything you said but if the guy you paid $30 to did not register your battery after installing it your car might not be fine for as long as you hope.

Agree, should always have new battery properly registered to car when installed. Waste of $30 IMO if he paid and didn't get it done!.

dvanlare
10-30-2013, 10:23 PM

I think you are confusing a procedure to hold memory functions with battery registration. Battery registration always needs to be done after a battery is replaced.

745Luver1959
12-14-2013, 05:05 AM
I think you are confusing a procedure to hold memory functions with battery registration. Battery registration always needs to be done after a battery is replaced.

I've read your post. Now, where on the car do you register your new battery and where is it found? Do you need some type of equipment to hookup such as a laptop or tool from autozone? I'm new to this stuff and unsure. My battery is running low but I would like to see first if it can be charged because I only drive it 2 times a month on short rides. :cry:

745Luver1959
12-14-2013, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the valuable info above but; Where is this info found??? Is this stuff located on the car itself and if so where?? Do I need a laptop and some type of cord to hookup in order for this to be found? I'm trying to learn how to do this myself without having to go into my INDY as he's charging too much. What do I do and what do I need? Thanks much!

dommm
12-14-2013, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the valuable info above but; Where is this info found??? Is this stuff located on the car itself and if so where?? Do I need a laptop and some type of cord to hookup in order for this to be found? I'm trying to learn how to do this myself without having to go into my INDY as he's charging too much. What do I do and what do I need? Thanks much!

This is the perfect thread for the info you are looking for. Just start on page 1 & keep reading. It is all here in this thread. gl

PS: As you will learn from this thread, yes you will need a laptop & software & cable.

745Luver1959
12-27-2013, 02:21 PM
How has your ride been going since you replaced and registered your battery?

745Luver1959
12-29-2013, 04:36 AM
Dead,
Not sure what software package you used but can't seem to get mine to open up to viewing what you've presented. When you apply these results, do you need to have your disks inside your computer and be online?

whytry
12-29-2013, 11:49 AM
So if I buy the inpa cable and software download on eBay I can register the battery by following these steps correct? Or do I need something else too?

Thx

745Luver1959
12-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Initially I did have problems downloading onto my puter but I contacted the seller and he gave me another site which I could download (free site) (window.net) info which enabled me to see everything from the software. Seems to work. I'll get back with you and let you know if it actually registers the car.

745Luver1959
01-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Raymound,

Which battery did you replace yours with?? OEM or generic??

745Luver1959
01-22-2014, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know where to insert the software cable within your car to register the battery? Is it underneath the drivers side area where the airbag is or somewhere else?? :cry:

Emeer18
01-25-2014, 03:00 AM
I see everybody is buying aftermarket batteries that worked, where did you buy them from and which one did you get. Are the minimum requirements for the battery 90AH, 900CCA and 190 reserve minutes? And did you use INPA or DIS for the registering.

745Luver1959
01-25-2014, 07:11 AM
I purchased mine from Advance Auto Parts. They were the only ones in town (not even Sears, NAPA, Autozone, O'Reilly) who had the "exact specifications" of the original BMW battery that I took out. The dealer was asking $368 with an additional $150 for registering. Go figure that one out!!:mad: Advance had a listed price of $181.99. But, if you go online and pay for it they will give you a code which will deduct $50.00 making it only $149.00. My software package goes with INPA as the first choice for the E65 Series. You'll have to determine for yourself which is the best route for registering. I had a time trying to find the ODB area for registering. When you open the driver's side door, it's right next to the handle which opens the hood. It's got a little plastic cover which when you pull that out carefully, you'll find your module connector for you to connect your computer which will set you going in the right place. Good luck!

Emeer18
01-25-2014, 05:51 PM
I purchased mine from Advance Auto Parts. They were the only ones in town (not even Sears, NAPA, Autozone, O'Reilly) who had the "exact specifications" of the original BMW battery that I took out. The dealer was asking $368 with an additional $150 for registering. Go figure that one out!!:mad: Advance had a listed price of $181.99. But, if you go online and pay for it they will give you a code which will deduct $50.00 making it only $149.00. My software package goes with INPA as the first choice for the E65 Series. You'll have to determine for yourself which is the best route for registering. I had a time trying to find the ODB area for registering. When you open the driver's side door, it's right next to the handle which opens the hood. It's got a little plastic cover which when you pull that out carefully, you'll find your module connector for you to connect your computer which will set you going in the right place. Good luck!

Im going to register it with inpa and see if DIS detects the register date. Im assuming you mean this battery.

http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_battery-group-size-h8-850-cca-autocraft-gold-agm_10210828-p?navigationPath=L1*14920%7CL2*15000

billydee1
01-30-2014, 01:55 PM
#2 Report Post Old 09-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Mein Auto: 2002 745I
View My Garage

with toolset32

first go to file then click F3 then select POW_E65.prg

in the second pic double click the command (steuern_batterietausch_registrieren) just ones and you are done .

remember this is for registering the same size battery not for retrofitting another size , if you want to retrofit 90AGM battery you need to register the battery with DIS because DIS well register only 90AGM battery , if you want to retrofit another battery size you have to use NCS expert .

Im trying to Reg a AGM BATTERY FROM A REGULAR bATT , PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME OR SHOW ME THE STEPS AND THE PROGRAM IN NEED TO DO THIS THANKS IN ADVANCE 0:~)

whytry
03-02-2014, 09:29 AM
I just got the cable and software 425848 this one. It will work for registering the battery if I'm reading through all this posts correctly n it's NCS expert if I read it rt.

Any tips?

tizre1
03-22-2014, 05:41 AM
Gonna try this

Terry from Weybridge, Surrey. UK

jhryder
03-31-2014, 01:53 AM
I am replacing mine with a different size. Understand i need NCS expert to do this. Have NCS expert. Is there a link showing this already, sort of cookbook style. If so and missed it i apologize, but have searched quite a bit and see links showing the INPA registration. But as far as NCS, they all seem to be like this one, it just says you have to use NCS but has nothing further about actually using NCS. This will be first thing i have done since i got and setup the software, don't want to screw anything up re-inventing the wheel so to speak if there is a step-by-step procedure out there.

NWWolverine
06-12-2014, 10:21 AM
I just got the cable and software 425848 this one. It will work for registering the battery if I'm reading through all this posts correctly n it's NCS expert if I read it rt.

Any tips?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile appLooks like the set from Bulgaria? Did you connect and were you able to register your battery?

honn73
07-25-2014, 06:39 PM
Just bought a new BMW from dealer and installed it in my 05 745LI
Do I have to register the battery to clear any fault as I'm having a fault in airbag tension due to low voltage from batter
Or I just try to clear this error

springwater
08-13-2014, 08:20 AM
I'm just gonna take it to an independent BMW mechanic.

Ive found a few places using this site:

http://www.bimmershops.com/

I have 2 questions.

Can they register an older battery? The one in my car is a year old.

Also, the battery is a Bosch 49-850b which has 850 CCA.

Emeer18
08-13-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm just gonna take it to an independent BMW mechanic.

Ive found a few places using this site:

http://www.bimmershops.com/

I have 2 questions.

Can they register an older battery? The one in my car is a year old.

Also, the battery is a Bosch 49-850b which has 850 CCA.

I wouldnt recommend it. Registering a new battery on these cars is easy.
Get the battery from advanced auto parts. Use an online coupon and save $30.

http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autocraft-platinum-agm-battery-group-size-h8-900-cca-h8-agm/10210828-P

If the battery thats currently in your car has never been registered then it will soon die out and you will have to replace it anyways.

Get the Rheingold program from. This site and install it. The use the program to register it yourself. Save time and money.

springwater
08-17-2014, 04:52 PM
I wouldnt recommend it. Registering a new battery on these cars is easy.
Get the battery from advanced auto parts. Use an online coupon and save $30.

http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autocraft-platinum-agm-battery-group-size-h8-900-cca-h8-agm/10210828-P

If the battery thats currently in your car has never been registered then it will soon die out and you will have to replace it anyways.

Get the Rheingold program from. This site and install it. The use the program to register it yourself. Save time and money.

Yah, I may do just that. I had an indy BMW mechanic register my 1-year-old battery. Only charged me $20.

If it doesnt work, I'll go the AGM route.

Thank you for the response.

pironkov
08-21-2014, 01:31 AM
Hey guys,
I did install INPA and I am erasing errors. But when I try to register a new battery I get the following error...
http://i59.tinypic.com/zu1q1y.jpg