PDA

View Full Version : water damage problem on my love

mustoboy
09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
:desperate, very

I just got my 2004 running at its best, On the way home in nj It was raining like hell. I drove through a flooded road which was caused but the creek overflowing ,about 8-10 in high, the gages went nuts,dianamic drive in active,transmission malfuction,drive moteretly
transmission fault, 6 dtc codes?tach was going up and down, then shut down,also drive nutural and park was flashing saying car running in natural, I sent it to dealership, they said the problem was a speed sensor,there was at least 2 inches of water on passenger side under carpet,dealer said he needed new conectors, shrink hose ? speed sensor ,that it did not effect the transmission,the dealer charges were 2100.00, he said that will solve problem,i was under the impression if the floors got wet it was a total loss ,because on electrical components,its not the dealers price, its future problems,I picked the car up and did nothing yet, Any advice
thank you

Slick444
09-08-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm also in nj. Which dealer did you take it too

rkruz
09-08-2012, 10:46 PM
NADA give trade in at: TOTAL PRICE $11,075 $13,375 $15,325.

Just offering a data point for your decisions, like what can you get for it in current condition vs after $2100 investment to repair. Your probably wanting to know will the repair really be adequate and hopefully more experienced here can offer opinion. NADA assumed 90K miles.
Good luck