PDA

View Full Version : subwoofers rattling something

jkidem
09-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Anyone have subs in trunk and know what could be rattling in the rear bumper? i got dynamat in the spare tire area and on trunk lid but something is rattling the driver side of the rear bumper i know the muffler is there but i check its not it i noticed heat shield seems to line the bumper could that be it? is it EASY to take off the rear bumper and line it with dynamat?

SFbay
09-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Anyone have subs in trunk and know what could be rattling in the rear bumper? i got dynamat in the spare tire area and on trunk lid but something is rattling the driver side of the rear bumper i know the muffler is there but i check its not it i noticed heat shield seems to line the bumper could that be it? is it EASY to take off the rear bumper and line it with dynamat?

It's a flap on the muffler, common issue... You can remove it

jkidem
09-09-2012, 01:31 PM
like on outside of the muffler? any pic or link to removing?

First_745Li
09-09-2012, 02:22 PM
It's a flap on the muffler, common issue... You can remove it

The heatshield above the muffler?

jkidem
09-09-2012, 02:31 PM
so looking i seen there is a flap inside the right muffler, and after research its supposed to move but it wasnt moving had GF hit the gas up to 4k rpm and it never opened, little sledge hammer wouldnt budge it at first took lots of hits to get it open a tad got it almost open all the way and golf tee for the vacum line took care of that the car sounds way better and way more responsive not what i was looking for but it lead me to fix that issue. not really worried about idle quietness which is what that was for i guess. still need to see whats rattling when bass is hitting