PDA

View Full Version : 750 got a boo boo

cwedgester
09-10-2012, 12:21 PM
So here I am driving my baby minding my own business when some moron driving a charger in the rain decided to fish tail in front of Me. Me being the expert driver that I am stop my car in time to avoid hitting him. That's when some stupid female decided that would be a great time to hit my baby my sweet innocent baby from the back. No major damage, rear bumper, trunk, tail light and some rear quarter panel. The only thing I'm worried about is the inside of the trunk where the door to the nav is, is screwed up. Wish me luck all

mustaine
09-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear ... Glad you're doing fine. Good luck with repairs.:thumbup:

cwedgester
09-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks, I'm more worried about my car.......

1bad540
09-10-2012, 01:55 PM
are you saying the bumper, rear 1/4, trunk, and tail light are all damaged?? if so your car may be totalled player.

alpinaman24
09-10-2012, 02:07 PM
yea depending on the adjuster and or coverage

alot of cars get "totalled" for no reason

cwedgester
09-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I dont see it as being a total. I've seen worse damage on vehicles that were fixed. I mean the bumper (cover) can be replaced, the trunk can be replaced. Tail light can be replaced. My only concern is the inside of the trunk where the NAV unit sits, that nich is now mis-shapen. Needs to be pulled. I don't see that damage being a total, given the value of the vehicle. What are we talking 5k-7k in damage versus 25k in value for the vehicle. I have full coverage on that vehicle. I'm thinking because i'm going to go through my insurance anyway, they would rather get the money from the person at fault so they wouldn't total the car.

First_745Li
09-11-2012, 08:27 AM
I dont see it as being a total. I've seen worse damage on vehicles that were fixed. I mean the bumper (cover) can be replaced, the trunk can be replaced. Tail light can be replaced. My only concern is the inside of the trunk where the NAV unit sits, that nich is now mis-shapen. Needs to be pulled. I don't see that damage being a total, given the value of the vehicle. What are we talking 5k-7k in damage versus 25k in value for the vehicle. I have full coverage on that vehicle. I'm thinking because i'm going to go through my insurance anyway, they would rather get the money from the person at fault so they wouldn't total the car.

You'll be surprised what they have considered as totaled.

Expo BMW
09-11-2012, 07:22 PM
I saw a really nice 7 series on the E38 forum recently that was totalled by a minor rear end collision. It did not look too bad either but it had damage to the quarter panel.

Db750
09-11-2012, 07:27 PM
This thread has no merit without pictures.

bossku69
09-12-2012, 05:09 PM
I can tell you from experience, make sure to deal with your insurance company, then they deal with the other driver.

Someone hit my brand new Infiniti years ago. I went through my insurance because the guy who hit me was a jerk and his insurance company didn't want to pay for a rental. About a month later the trunk wouldn't lock. Turns out that it was knocked out of alignment at the accident and bent the trunk lid. Over time it went back and his insurance didn't want to pay. Mine said "get it done, we will sue them."

Without that, I would have had to pay hundreds!

Suri [TBR]
09-12-2012, 06:38 PM
this thread has no merit without pictures.

+1 :d

Rookie2008
09-12-2012, 07:00 PM
:eek:

cwedgester
09-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Good news.......my car is fixable. Gettin done as we speak. ONly $6500. Thats good news to me, i wAS thinking at least 8K for the job. She should be rolling by next weekend.

UNDR_THRTY750
09-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Still no pics of the damage...