PDA

View Full Version : A/C air

semored
09-10-2012, 01:55 PM
The left side vent, on the center panel, blows barely cool air, and the right side vent blows cold air, when the A/C is operating. Any ideas out there

rkruz
09-11-2012, 07:43 PM
is the temperature set to a low degree on the driver side.
If you override auto and set the fan high on driver side does it blow cool air?

semored
09-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Thanks for responding. I found a site that said that the condition I had was caused by low freon. I have a set of 134a gauges so I checked the pressure, it was showing about 30#, so I gradually added freon and checked the outlet temperature. I stopped adding freon at 35# as both sides had an outlet temp of 40 deg. The site I read this info on was an E46 site, different car but end results were the same. Thanks!

SuperSnoop
09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Where is the low-side valve on your car? I haven't been able to find it on mine.

Mr_Burger
09-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Where is the low-side valve on your car? I haven't been able to find it on mine.

As you look at your engine, look down the front left side and you'll see it tucked away..

Use a gas/sealant product.

Protect your arms though as it gets hot down there lol

saturnin
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
do you guys have the same issue with AC as myself? every time i turn my AC off it smells sour***8230; I mean A/C works like a charm but I HATE turning it off lol

Mr_Burger
09-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Have it cleaned then..

When running on cold, moisture builds up on the coils and these cause all manner of unpleasant bacteria so it's best to have the a/c serviced at that point..

To avoid it (or reduce the time it takes to stink), try switching your a/c to hot 10 mins before you park up the vehicle to dry the coils and thus prevent the build up of bacteria.