PDA

View Full Version : CNET on Cars - Audi A7 vs. BMW 640i Gran Coupe

tim330i
09-11-2012, 07:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v8SeoK6OUU&feature=youtu.be

Audi verses BMW in an 8 door grudge match

CNET's new show, "CNET on Cars" gets started with a head to head battle of the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe verses the Audi A7. For a new show it was surprisinlyg well done with lots of information about both cars. The driving reviews were spot on and balanced highlight the pros and cons of both the BMW and the Audi. Sadly Brian Cooley sided with the Audi in the end but it is still worth a watch.

Read more about the 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619064)

xDrive McGee
09-11-2012, 09:19 AM
That would be a tough call for me at that price level. GC has more panache, but Audi has a sweet spot in my heart!

XZLR8
09-11-2012, 11:31 AM
That would be a tough call for me at that price level. GC has more panache, but Audi has a sweet spot in my heart!

I've owned a few Audis over the years and would have probably considered the S7 more if it weren't for my distrust of the local Audi dealership. Beautiful car, though.

pa50i
09-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Having seen both in person and the GC just recently, the Bimmer is gorgeous. Looks terrific. I really don't care for the A7 rear look and side profile. Great interior though. I'd go with the GC hands down for looks having not driven either.

640GC
09-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Didn't like the Audi's rear end. Ended up with a GC. Just picked it up in Munich. Posted a trip report in the Forum.

mjrbimmer335i
09-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Having seen both in person and the GC just recently, the Bimmer is gorgeous. Looks terrific. I really don't care for the A7 rear look and side profile. Great interior though. I'd go with the GC hands down for looks having not driven either.

I just saw the GC in person yesterday when getting my car serviced. It was beautiful!! If I had the money, I wouldn't mind spending it on that...

pa50i
09-22-2012, 07:47 AM
I just saw the GC in person yesterday when getting my car serviced. It was beautiful!! If I had the money, I wouldn't mind spending it on that...

If I didn't need to occasionally haul around kids with a dog in the back for road trips and went back to a sedan, the 6 GC would be near the top of my list. I'm interested to see a comparison of the dimensions inside and out to the 7 series. They have to be pretty close in overall size, no? The GC rear is just really well done in person, I think.

XZLR8
09-22-2012, 08:42 AM
If I didn't need to occasionally haul around kids with a dog in the back for road trips and went back to a sedan, the 6 GC would be near the top of my list. I'm interested to see a comparison of the dimensions inside and out to the 7 series. They have to be pretty close in overall size, no? The GC rear is just really well done in person, I think.

The GC is about two and a half inches shorter than the SWB 7er and about three inches lower. Accordingly, there's considerably less rear seat room in the GC, particularly in the middle seat. However, having owned (and loved) a few 7ers in my day, I can tell you that none of them give you the sporting feeling of the 6er.