PDA

View Full Version : 2013 650xi Gran Coupe ORDERED!

XZLR8
09-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Well, my GC order has been placed, as follows:

2013 BMW 650i xDrive Gran Coupe
Titanium Silver Metallic
(Ind) Canyon Brown Full Merino Leather
- Anthracite Headliner
- Individual Door Sill Finishers
Fine Line Oak Wood Trim
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Sound Package
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Adaptive Drive
Ceramic Controls
Full LED Lights
Automatic High Beams
BMW Apps
Shadowline Trim [special order]

The only remaining question is the issue of the headliner. According to the dealership, if you order Canyon Brown leather as an ala carte option on a non-MSport car, you get the standard Anthracite (instead of Light Gray) Headliner. They are currently checking to see if it's possible to special order the Anthracite Alcantara Headliner and, if so, what the price tag would be for it. I'm not sure how important it is to me, as long as the headliner is black, but I'll wait to make the final call when I hear the price tag.

I love my '12 Coupe. 85-90% of the time it's all that I need and more, but the other 10% of the time, I really miss the ability to have rear seat passengers. Or, at least, rear seat passengers with legs. I considered getting something else in addition (SUV or a 7-Series), as I've done in the past when I owned 6er Coupes, but I think I'd rather just have one vehicle that meets all of my needs. So, here's hoping the GC is it!

Here's a picture or two from BMW's BYO site. Just imagine it with Shadowline Trim and 35% tint.

djsaad1
09-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Congrats! I just placed a similar order today as well. Got the frozen bronze with canyon brown.

XZLR8
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Congrats! I just placed a similar order today as well. Got the frozen bronze with canyon brown.

Did you end up opting for the Shadowline or sticking with the chrome surrounds?

djsaad1
09-11-2012, 12:47 PM
I ended up sticking with the chrome, from the pictures it seems like the chrome works well with the frozen color.

XZLR8
09-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I ended up sticking with the chrome, from the pictures it seems like the chrome works well with the frozen color.

Can't wait to see pictures. It's going to be stunning, I'm sure.

I've had so many Silver-on-Black BMWs that I feel all walk-on-the-wild-side for getting a dark brown interior. Wish my nerves would have been able to handle something like Frozen Bronze. Ha.

Did they give you a build date?

xDrive McGee
09-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I think BMW really hit it out of the park with Canyon Brown - or Cohiba brown. All we need now is diamond quilted!

djsaad1
09-11-2012, 12:54 PM
This is actually my first car that isn't either black on black or black on some type of tan.

If I were buying the car I would have given the color more thought, but on a 3 year lease that I will probably get out of around the 2 or 2.5 year mark, I wasn't worried about it.

No build date, he is shopping other dealers right now to get me a slot. He is guessing right now that he could get me a build in week 40 which would put me in early to mid November.

XZLR8
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM
No build date, he is shopping other dealers right now to get me a slot. He is guessing right now that he could get me a build in week 40 which would put me in early to mid November.

Same exact situation here.

djsaad1
09-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Lol, they are probably going to be fighting over the same slots.

XZLR8
09-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Lol, they are probably going to be fighting over the same slots.

Haha. At least we're in different regions (which I think matters). Did they give you any indication if the Individual paint would add to the build timeline?

djsaad1
09-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Haha. At least we're in different regions (which I think matters). Did they give you any indication if the Individual paint would add to the build timeline?

No they didn't, I hope it doesn't take any longer.

They are buying out the range rover lease now instead of when the car comes in because they are guessing the value will go down a lot when the new range rover comes out next month. For the moment I am actually getting money back on the buyout.

In the meanwhile I will be driving a cts coupe, and I really hate driving that car. You can't see your blind spots at all.

XZLR8
09-11-2012, 01:15 PM
No they didn't, I hope it doesn't take any longer.

They are buying out the range rover lease now instead of when the car comes in because they are guessing the value will go down a lot when the new range rover comes out next month. For the moment I am actually getting money back on the buyout.

In the meanwhile I will be driving a cts coupe, and I really hate driving that car. You can't see your blind spots at all.
The new Range Rover looks amazing! Wish I could justify one of those in addition to the GC.

The CTS Coupe looks great on the road, too, but I've never been in one. The blind spot thing certainly doesn't surprise me, though.

djsaad1
09-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't know if this is new or not, but when building a 650 on the bmwusa site, shadowline exterior trim now shows up as standard on the bmw individual composition package.

XZLR8
09-11-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't know if this is new or not, but when building a 650 on the bmwusa site, shadowline exterior trim now shows up as standard on the bmw individual composition package.

Yes, but only if you get the full Individual package. Since I'm just getting the Canyon Brown leather only, none of the exterior Individual items (Shadowline Trim, special 19" and 20" wheels, etc.) apply.

WhyGeeGee
09-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Great combo. I always liked both Canyon and Cohiba brown. Can't wait to see the pictures when the car arrives. :thumbup:

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 05:01 AM
Great combo. I always liked both Canyon and Cohiba brown. Can't wait to see the pictures when the car arrives. :thumbup:

Thanks. I'm excited. (And I have to make a decision about the wood today!)

Are Canyon and Cohiba the same color, just different names?

xDrive McGee
09-12-2012, 05:10 AM
BMW seems to be using the names interchangeably and I think they are indeed the same. I ordered the M6 with Canyon, but Cohiba shows up when searching for my car by VIN. A quick Google search doesn't show any real difference that can't be attributed to varying lighting, but I can't say for sure.

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 05:13 AM
BMW seems to be using the names interchangeably and I think they are indeed the same. I ordered the M6 with Canyon, but Cohiba shows up when searching for my car by VIN. A quick Google search doesn't show any real difference that can't be attributed to varying lighting, but I can't say for sure.

Ah, got it. Maybe Cohiba is the other-side-of-the-pond name or something. I noticed on the BMW Individual iPad app, only Cohiba is listed.

Whatever it's called, I really like...

djsaad1
09-12-2012, 05:18 AM

What wood options are you thinking about? I went with fine lined oak, but I am wondering if I should switch to piano black.

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 05:21 AM
What wood options are you thinking about? I went with fine lined oak, but I am wondering if I should switch to piano black.

My gut instinct was to stick with Gray Poplar, like I have now. It has a lot of grays and warmer brownish tones, so I personally think it would look great with the dark brown leather. Everyone else, though, seems to think Fine Line Oak would look better. So, I'm torn.

I'm really not a fan of the Individual wood options, personally. While I think Piano Black is really good looking, I think it would be an OCD nightmare (dust, fingerprints, scratches, etc.).

djsaad1
09-12-2012, 05:26 AM
I really like the shine in the piano black, but don't think it will look great with it right up against the brown. I test drove a car with fine lined oak and it's nice, but a little dull.

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 05:30 AM
I really like the shine in the piano black, but don't think it will look great with it right up against the brown. I test drove a car with fine lined oak and it's nice, but a little dull.

That's my issue with the Fine Line Oak, too... just a bit too conservative/dull. Since the Canyon Brown interior still has a lot of black leather, too, I think the Piano Black would actually look really great. I just know that I would obsess about every little scratch.

djsaad1
09-12-2012, 06:35 AM
They just told me they were able to get a week 39 slot but they are not able to submit the individual options to it yet. They put in a call to the factory about it, but hopefully I will get the week 39 production slot.

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 07:37 AM
I just received a few confirmations on my order.

First, Shadowline Trim can be special ordered for $350, which I am definitely doing. I cannot special order the Anthracite Alcantara Headliner, though. The Individual Canyon Brown leather (on non-MSport cars) comes with the Anthracite Headliner, which will be fine.

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Also, the Canyon Brown interior moved the production back to week 44, so the best estimate is for a late November to mid December delivery.

djsaad1
09-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Also, the Canyon Brown interior moved the production back to week 44, so the best estimate is for a late November to mid December delivery.

Hmm...I wonder if I will have the same issue with the Canyon Brown interior.

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Hmm...I wonder if I will have the same issue with the Canyon Brown interior.

I will be curious to hear what you're told, although my dealership is pretty reliable when it comes to information like this.

djsaad1
09-12-2012, 10:42 AM
I have to say the ordering process is quite different with bmw than it is with range rover. When I ordered a range rover sport when they came out in 06 the sales guy pretty much said it will be here in about 4 months and I am not even sure if it will have the options you ordered. He seriously didn't know anything until the car arrived on the lot, although he was right about the 4 months.

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 11:30 AM
I have to say the ordering process is quite different with bmw than it is with range rover. When I ordered a range rover sport when they came out in 06 the sales guy pretty much said it will be here in about 4 months and I am not even sure if it will have the options you ordered. He seriously didn't know anything until the car arrived on the lot, although he was right about the 4 months.

Yeah, I've always been impressed with the BMW ordering process and have never had a problem. Can't imagine just buying a car off the lot anymore.

djsaad1
09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
It seems like production date has gotten pushed back on mine as well, but since my sales guy isn't at work today he wont know more until tomorrow. The bright side is that there are usually better incentives in late November or December so it could possibly be $1000-$2000 cheaper.

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
It seems like production date has gotten pushed back on mine as well, but since my sales guy isn't at work today he wont know more until tomorrow. The bright side is that there are usually better incentives in late November or December so it could possibly be $1000-$2000 cheaper.

Exactly right. I'm not complaining. I just want it in 2012, so I can use my CCA rebate for the year.

djsaad1
09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Just out of curiosity, did you ever debate about getting a m5 instead of the gc

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, did you ever debate about getting a m5 instead of the gc

No, not even for a moment. The 650xiGC has more than enough power (especially with the updated engine) and loads more style, IMO. Plus, I really wanted xDrive.

I guess I'm just not an M-guy.

djsaad1
09-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Did you choose xdrive for the weather or are there other reasons. With my build xdrive was only 1000 more, but I thought ias sounded like it would be fun. Do you think there are more benefits to xdrive outside of needing it for snow or ice? Seems like I still have some time to change.

XZLR8
09-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Did you choose xdrive for the weather or are there other reasons. With my build xdrive was only 1000 more, but I thought ias sounded like it would be fun. Do you think there are more benefits to xdrive outside of needing it for snow or ice? Seems like I still have some time to change.

Yes, the weather was the major consideration, even though we barely had winter last year. Aside from that, though, I think xDrive makes a difference with the steering feel, due to it having hydraulic steering instead of the electric steering that BMW now puts on RWD cars. It might be anecdotal, but I think xDrive cars are a bit quicker off the line, too.

WhyGeeGee
09-13-2012, 01:33 AM

Yes they are the same and I don't know why BMW call it Canyon in the US and Cohiba over here. Regarding the wood choice I tend to like having the different colors flow nicely in my car and always try to make it easy for the eye to look at things without getting distracted.

The Fine line oak trim is nice but since the AC/Radio console will always come in black I tend to go with black wood trim .

I attached 2 pictures to show the difference between Fine Line Oak and Piano Black just in case you wanted to see how they look.

Please forgive me for intruding as I get excited when I see people order a new car but did you think about going with Vermillion red with Titanium Silver? because that is a killer combo an can be spotted easily?

XZLR8
09-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Yes they are the same and I don't know why BMW call it Canyon in the US and Cohiba over here. Regarding the wood choice I tend to like having the different colors flow nicely in my car and always try to make it easy for the eye to look at things without getting distracted.

The Fine line oak trim is nice but since the AC/Radio console will always come in black I tend to go with black wood trim .

I attached 2 pictures to show the difference between Fine Line Oak and Piano Black just in case you wanted to see how they look.

Please forgive me for intruding as I get excited when I see people order a new car but did you think about going with Vermillion red with Titanium Silver? because that is a killer combo an can be spotted easily?

Not intruding at all! I appreciate the input.

The more I see pictures like you posted, the more I feel confident that the Fine Line Oak just isn't the right choice for me. I do understand what you mean about the Piano Black blending with the black panels of the controls, too. Still, I think I'm leaning toward the Gray Poplar, because it has the right darker tones, but still offers some pattern.

In every BMW I have ever driven, I've had black interior. Getting something different this time, even if it's only as different as dark brown, is a huge step. I just don't have it in me to go for the red leather! Ha.

Thanks again for your input. Much appreciated.

WhyGeeGee
09-13-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm sure your car will be a looker , btw have they clarified if your are getting alcantara roofline or not ?

XZLR8
09-13-2012, 04:03 AM
I'm sure your car will be a looker , btw have they clarified if your are getting alcantara roofline or not ?

Anthractite Headliner only, not Alcantara, unless I order the "full Individual package."

djsaad1
09-13-2012, 05:20 AM
I am still thinking about changing to piano black, probably need to decide today. I really like how it looks in the center, but I think it looks a little off on the doors. The Piano black right next to the brown seems a little off to me. Here are some good pictures of it http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687915

XZLR8
09-13-2012, 05:43 AM
Thanks for sharing that link of pictures! Exciting...

djsaad1
09-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Just got word that my car has been pushed back to week 44 as well, I was really excited about week 39. XZLR8, it looks like we will get our cars the same week.

XZLR8
09-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Just got word that my car has been pushed back to week 44 as well, I was really excited about week 39. XZLR8, it looks like we will get our cars the same week.

Must be a Canyon thing! It can't come soon enough...

djsaad1
09-13-2012, 04:03 PM
What wheel option did you choose? I choose the 373m because I got the m sport package, but I am starting to feel like the 423 wheels suite the frozen bronze better.

XZLR8
09-13-2012, 04:44 PM
What wheel option did you choose? I choose the 373m because I got the m sport package, but I am starting to feel like the 423 wheels suite the frozen bronze better.

I'm getting the 19" Style 423 wheels, pictured below:

djsaad1
09-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah, in my opinion those are the best looking ones for the gran coupe, I just wish they had a 20" option. I think the 373m fits the coupe and convertible better.

XZLR8
09-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Yeah, in my opinion those are the best looking ones for the gran coupe, I just wish they had a 20" option. I think the 373m fits the coupe and convertible better.

I agree. Of course, I'm not a great fan of the M-Sport package on any of the 6ers, especially the GC. On some BMWs, I love the M-Sport packages (like our 5 or the 7), while on others I just don't like it at all. The good thing is that anymore the M-Sport package is all aesthetics, so you're not really giving up anything by skipping it.

WhyGeeGee
09-13-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm getting the 19" Style 423 wheels, pictured below:

Yeah those are the best looking rims on the GC.

djsaad1
09-13-2012, 09:54 PM
After going over the car again with my wife, we decided the m sport package really didn't make the car look any better. I am going to change to the individual package with black wood and black wood inlay steering wheel. XZLR8, I am actually going to do the opposite of what you did and try to get them to take off the shadowline option on the individual package, I like the contrast of the bronze and chrome.

I also went ahead and opted for the 20 inch individual wheels, if I don't like them I will ask the dealer to try to switch to the 423 19's.

So now back to the 75 day or so wait.

ModBargains
09-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Congrats on the purchase! We really got to get a good look at the GC at this years bimmerfest and it was an amazing machine! Any plans to do anything to it?

XZLR8
09-14-2012, 05:45 AM
After going over the car again with my wife, we decided the m sport package really didn't make the car look any better. I am going to change to the individual package with black wood and black wood inlay steering wheel. XZLR8, I am actually going to do the opposite of what you did and try to get them to take off the shadowline option on the individual package, I like the contrast of the bronze and chrome.

I also went ahead and opted for the 20 inch individual wheels, if I don't like them the dealer said he would refund the money and give me the 423 19's.

So now back to the 75 day or so wait.

I like the look of the 20" Individual wheels, although I still think I favor the 423s. At any rate, I think you made a good call with deleting the M-Sport package. I know that a lot of people love the kit on the 6ers, but I have always thought it makes the car look more than a bit overwrought. Especially with the Frozen Bronze color, your car will be amazingly distinctive.

djsaad1
09-14-2012, 06:57 AM
Yeah I am even more excited now. We opted for the black wood mostly because my wife really liked the idea of the wood inlay steering wheel, but I also didn't want to make it complicated by choosing the individual package without an individual wood.

Have you seen this site? If you click on the individual colors it actually shows a frozen grey and a frozen silver. I wonder if those colors are actually available. http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/6series/gran_coupe/2011/showroom/design/visualizer.html

XZLR8
09-14-2012, 08:05 AM
I love the Frozen Gray and Silvers (although the Silver looks a little blue to me). They're not available in the US, though, I don't believe.

djsaad1
09-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Dealer just got a response back from bmw, you have to get shadowline with the individual package. I might have been the only one that actually tried to take shadowline off, it seems like everyone else is fighting to get it put on.

XZLR8
09-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Dealer just got a response back from bmw, you have to get shadowline with the individual package. I might have been the only one that actually tried to take shadowline off, it seems like everyone else is fighting to get it put on.

Are you going to stick with it as is and keep the Shadowline then?

djsaad1
09-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah I dont want to give up on the the alcantara headliner, door sills, and wood steering wheel.

I wonder if I would be able to buy the chrome trim and get the dealer to put it on. I really like the shadowline on every other color, I just think the chrome goes well with the frozen bronze. Although it might just be the pictures I am looking at the make me feel the shadowline doesn't look as good. The shadowline pictures are all closeups

djsaad1
09-15-2012, 05:15 PM
XZLR8, were you able to get the individual door sills without the individual package? I am trying to figure out what I would lose if I don't get the individual package. So far it seems like I would lose the alcantra headliner, wood inlay steering wheel, and individual door sills. But I would be able to get chrome trim and the standard 423 wheels.

I am actually pretty surprised you are not able to pick what you want with the individual package. Not sure why they care if I get the standard 423 wheels with it or opt for the standard chrome trim instead of shadowline. I thought the point of individual was to build the car the way you want it.

XZLR8
09-15-2012, 07:08 PM
XZLR8, were you able to get the individual door sills without the individual package? I am trying to figure out what I would lose if I don't get the individual package. So far it seems like I would lose the alcantra headliner, wood inlay steering wheel, and individual door sills. But I would be able to get chrome trim and the standard 423 wheels.

I am actually pretty surprised you are not able to pick what you want with the individual package. Not sure why they care if I get the standard 423 wheels with it or opt for the standard gold trim instead of shadowline. I thought the point of individual was to build the car the way you want it.

Yes, even though the only "Individual" item I selected was the Canyon Brown interior, my build sheet still lists the Individual Door Sills as a no cost option.

The only other thing you'll have to remember if you deselect the entire Individual package is that you'll have to add LED headlights back in as a stand alone option.

WhyGeeGee
09-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Yes, even though the only "Individual" item I selected was the Canyon Brown interior, my build sheet still lists the Individual Door Sills as a no cost option.

The only other thing you'll have to remember if you deselect the entire Individual package is that you'll have to add LED headlights back in as a stand alone option.

I can confirm that you only need one individual item to get the individual door sills ( exterior or enterior color) since I have them on my car and I only picked the Frozen Bronze color.

XZLR8
09-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I can confirm that you only need one individual item to get the individual door sills ( exterior or enterior color) since I have them on my car and I only picked the Frozen Bronze color.

Good information, thanks. Are they illuminated?

Gor@AcutePerformance
09-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy it in good health man
Oh man, frozen colors from BMW with bronze or gunmetal ADVs is perfect!
http://www.mycarportal.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ADV1ManBronzeRange1.jpg

WhyGeeGee
09-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Good information, thanks. Are they illuminated?

Nope they are not :(

djsaad1
09-18-2012, 06:54 AM
Nope they are not :(

Thats odd, the BMW USA build site states they are illuminated.

XZLR8
09-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Thats odd, the BMW USA build site states they are illuminated.

I wondered about that, too. I know the M-Sport ones aren't illuminated (or at least they weren't on the 2012 models), but I hadn't heard for sure about the Individual sills.

XZLR8
09-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Djsaad1, did you see this link? There are a few nice GC pictures in Frozen Bronze and then another GC with the 20" Individual wheels. Did you decide how you're equipping yours yet?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=745127

djsaad1
09-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks! That's a great link. I have been through a ton of pictures, I am completely fine now with the shadowline, but I think the individual wheels are a little boring. I was thinking about getting these wheels, they are very similar to the standard 423 wheels and come in 20 inches. I am usually not an aftermarket wheel type guy, but these seem like they could pass as stock wheels.

http://www.vehibase.com/kelleners-sport-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe.jpg

XZLR8
09-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks! That's a great link. I have been through a ton of pictures, I am completely fine now with the shadowline, but I think the individual wheels are a little boring. I was thinking about getting these wheels, they are very similar to the standard 423 wheels and come in 20 inches. I am usually not an aftermarket wheel type guy, but these seem like they could pass as stock wheels.

http://www.vehibase.com/kelleners-sport-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe.jpg

I'm not an aftermarket guy, either, but those are nice. Regarding the Individual wheels, I think the 20" ones are great looking. I'm less impressed with the 19" Individual wheels, but then again, I've only seen pictures.

djsaad1
09-18-2012, 08:08 AM
These are the most real pictures (as in untouched) that I found of the 20 inch individual wheels, I don't know if it's the lighter color, or just the design. But I don't feel like they have the flare that the standard 423 wheels have.

http://teamspeed.com/forums/automobiles/74151-geneva-debut-twin-2013-bmw-6-series-640i-gran-coupe-matte-frozen-bronze-opal-white.html

XZLR8
09-18-2012, 08:11 AM
These are the most real pictures (as in untouched) that I found of the 20 inch individual wheels, I don't know if it's the lighter color, or just the design. But I don't feel like they have the flare that the standard 423 wheels have.

http://teamspeed.com/forums/automobiles/74151-geneva-debut-twin-2013-bmw-6-series-640i-gran-coupe-matte-frozen-bronze-opal-white.html

Yeah, I definitely like the standard wheel better, too. I think it's the two-tone nature of it, much as anything. I have the standard 19s on my 650xi Coupe, as well, which I love. Strange for me to like the base wheels more than the upgrades, but for whatever reason, I really do.

djsaad1
09-18-2012, 04:35 PM
I am starting to have some doubts about the frozen bronze color, I am a little concerned about the maintenance, but I am more concerned about the attention its going to get. Dealer told me that I am going to be the only one in Austin with the color for now, I am a little worried about that kind of attention. At the end of the day its just another BMW on the road, but I am guessing the color will make some heads turn.

WhyGeeGee, what do you think about the color now that you have had your car for a couple weeks?

WhyGeeGee
09-18-2012, 10:23 PM
First I was wrong regarding the illuminated door sills as yesterday I took a good look at them in the dark and they are illuminated in white, the reason I thought that they weren't was because on my coupe the regular door sills are illuminated in orange.

Regarding the color it's definitely a head turner as there is no color like it right now . What I really like about it is that the color depth changes so in the morning you have this slight metallic shine and at night you have a dark bronze color it's really amazing and hard to describe.

Now for the maintenance part I have my dealer order all the product for taking care of frozen colors and contrary to what people think regaring frozen colors they are not any harder to take care off than metallic colors in fact I find them easier to clean as all you need is just plain water for your regular wash.

I don't think that you will be disappointed with your choice and I'm sure that you will get many :thumbup: .

Gor@AcutePerformance
09-18-2012, 10:29 PM
This might sound like a coincidence but I had a customer who wanted something that looked like style 423's but he thought it would be a waste to pay for stock wheels (He went through the BMW Individual program and said the 423's were unavailable). He ended up getting COR Millenium's which sort of resemble the 423s. How do you guys like them?
http://acuteperformance.com/cor/cor-millenium-2-0014-acuteperformance.jpg
http://www.corwheels.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/millenium-wheels/f1-millenium-blk-3_4.jpg
http://vosmotorsports.com/timthumb.php?src=images/f1-millenium-blk-frontal.jpg&h=320&w=300&zc=0
http://preferredcustoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/COR-Wheels-millenium.jpg

WhyGeeGee
09-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I think the bi-color rims looks best on the frozen bronze.

Gor@AcutePerformance
09-18-2012, 10:56 PM
I think the bi-color rims looks best on the frozen bronze.

Those are the ones my customer went with, I have to agree those would look the best
Feel free to pm or email me if you like them we can get them for anyone on here too!

djsaad1
09-19-2012, 06:44 AM
First I was wrong regarding the illuminated door sills as yesterday I took a good look at them in the dark and they are illuminated in white, the reason I thought that they weren't was because on my coupe the regular door sills are illuminated in orange.

Regarding the color it's definitely a head turner as there is no color like it right now . What I really like about it is that the color depth changes so in the morning you have this slight metallic shine and at night you have a dark bronze color it's really amazing and hard to describe.

Now for the maintenance part I have my dealer order all the product for taking care of frozen colors and contrary to what people think regaring frozen colors they are not any harder to take care off than metallic colors in fact I find them easier to clean as all you need is just plain water for your regular wash.

I don't think that you will be disappointed with your choice and I'm sure that you will get many :thumbup: .

The frozen bronze is what got my attention to the gran coupe in the first place. I am really excited but also a little nervous. I am not going to change the color, although I am starting to like the moonstone color more and more.

XZLR8
09-19-2012, 07:04 AM
The frozen bronze is what got my attention to the gran coupe in the first place. I am really excited but also a little nervous. I am not going to change the color, although I am starting to like the moonstone color more and more.

I think the Moonstone looks great, too. It'd be my choice of the Individual colors.

Somewhere I read that BMW makes you sign a waiver if you take delivery of a car with "frozen" paint. Does anyone know if that's true?

djsaad1
09-19-2012, 07:22 AM
I think they tried when they first ran a limited production run on the m3. But that didn't work out for them. My dealer didn't see any issues with getting the frozen color, but that could be because he knows its only for 3 years.

XZLR8
09-19-2012, 07:25 AM
This is Moonstone, no? Love it, but then again, I'm a silver guy.

djsaad1
09-19-2012, 07:36 AM
I think so, this is where I first saw it. www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622073

XZLR8
09-19-2012, 07:38 AM
That's gorgeous... and with my wheels, too!

djsaad1
09-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Lol, at this rate, you might be the one that is going to switch colors

XZLR8
09-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Lol, at this rate, you might be the one that is going to switch colors

Haha. Nah, much as I am intrigued by the Moonstone, I was hesitant to buy something I'd never actually seen. Plus, the Titanium Silver thing is a bit of a habit.

WhyGeeGee
09-19-2012, 11:39 PM
This is Moonstone, no? Love it, but then again, I'm a silver guy.

Actually Moonstone is very close to Titanium silver. What I really like about it is that it's hard to describe the color since it changes from angle to angle and during day/night .

XZLR8
09-20-2012, 05:39 AM
Actually Moonstone is very close to Titanium silver. What I really like about it is that it's hard to describe the color since it changes from angle to angle and during day/night .

Yeah, I think that's why I like it so much.

640GC
09-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Moonstone looks like a really cool color. I couldn't find one to look at in this color and saw the Carbon Black, so we ordered Carbon Black. Maybe Moonstone the next time. Congrats on your order!

djsaad1
09-27-2012, 06:19 PM
So I just added another month to the wait. My wife fell in love with the amaro brown/opal white interior. I have seen a million pictures of it and I never once thought to get it, I do think it looks good and will make the car more unique but its very bold and attention grabbing not what I am really used to. Either way I very much wanted to please her so I went with it, but now we had to cancel our order and place a new order. So it looks like a January delivery now.

BMW of Austin has been really great though, I am very impressed with their service and patience. I am usually very easy to please, but I will admit I have been very difficult with this car order. I think next time I just need to find something that is already on a lot.

XZLR8
09-27-2012, 06:23 PM
So I just added another month to the wait. My wife fell in love with the amaro brown/opal white interior. I have seen a million pictures of it and I never once thought to get it, I do think it looks good and will make the car more unique but its very bold and attention grabbing not what I am really used to. Either way I very much wanted to please her so I went with it, but now we had to cancel our order and place a new order. So it looks like a January delivery now.

BMW of Austin has been really great though, I very impressed with their service and patience. I am usually very easy to please, but I will admit I have been very difficult with this car order. I think next time I just need to find something that is already on a lot.
It was too late to make the change for the week 44 build slot?

djsaad1
09-27-2012, 06:27 PM
It was too late to make the change for the week 44 build slot?

Yeah, they locked the car, and bmw austin wasn't able to make any more changes. The only thing we could do is cancel the order and put in a new one. As much as I didn't want to, I figured it's just one more month.

XZLR8
09-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Yeah, they locked the car, and bmw austin wasn't able to make any more changes. The only thing we could do is cancel the order and put in a new one. As much as I didn't want to, I figured it's just one more month.

That's wild. I would have assumed there was still time based on my prior experiences, but maybe things work differently when you start involving Individual items. (This is my first Individual experience.)

djsaad1
09-27-2012, 06:31 PM
That's wild. I would have assumed there was still time based on my prior experiences, but maybe things work differently when you start involving Individual items. (This is my first Individual experience.)

Yeah, bmw seems very proud of their individual line. Supposedly people at BMW NA are still arguing if it is possible to put chrome trim on the individual package. Some are saying yes others are saying no. Dealer still doesn't have a definite answer.

XZLR8
09-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, bmw seems very proud of their individual line. Supposedly people at BMW NA are still arguing if it is possible to put chrome trim on the individual package. Some are saying yes others are saying no. Dealer still doesn't have a definite answer.

Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to get an answer.

You're still doing the Frozen Bronze, I assume?

djsaad1
09-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to get an answer.

You're still doing the Frozen Bronze, I assume?

They did get an answer of no at first, but I asked if they could check again with someone else and now it seems like some people think it can happen and others think it can't.

Yep, I pretty much just ordered the car out of all their marketing material.

Since all my cars have been black on black, this is the exact opposite of what I am used to.

XZLR8
09-28-2012, 06:48 AM
They did get an answer of no at first, but I asked if they could check again with someone else and now it seems like some people think it can happen and others think it can't.

Yep, I pretty much just ordered the car out of all their marketing material.

Since all my cars have been black on black, this is the exact opposite of what I am used to.

I always do silver/black, so switching to Canyon Brown was about as far outside my comfort zone as I am willing to get. Ha.

Your car will be beautiful. Can't wait to see pics.

640GC
09-28-2012, 05:40 PM

BMW of Austin has been really great though, I am very impressed with their service and patience. I am usually very easy to please, but I will admit I have been very difficult with this car order. I think next time I just need to find something that is already on a lot.

We started originally with the amaro brown/opal white interior. We were afraid the white would stain too easily so we switched to the black/amaro brown interior. It looks sharp as well. If I could have two, I would have one of each! Amaro/Opal is striking. This was the interior combination at the top of the BMW Museum and the car they had on the show floor at the BMW Welt. I think I have some photos in the Trip Report.

640GC
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM

This was our experience as well. Once we ordered all of the Individual Options, they locked the build pretty quickly. After that point, they built the vehicle really quickly, it was finished two weeks before we were to arrive at the Welt.

djsaad1
09-28-2012, 05:46 PM
We started originally with the amaro brown/opal white interior. We were afraid the white would stain too easily so we switched to the black/amaro brown interior. It looks sharp as well. If I could have two, I would have one of each! Amaro/Opal is striking. This was the interior combination at the top of the BMW Museum and the car they had on the show floor at the BMW Welt.

I am worried about it getting dirty, but the more I read about white leather in cars the less worried I get. It seems like it is very easy to clean when using the right products. I guess since I already have to maintain the frozen bronze I might as well maintain white leather as well.

I was contemplating about doing ED with this car today, but we already have plans for December and I was worried about the weather. Next car for sure though, your trip sounds great.

640GC
09-28-2012, 05:48 PM

Weird, our vehicle has the Individual and the M Sport Package. We wanted the shadowline but could only get the chrome. FYI: No soft close doors or trunk, it always confuses the valet staff at the hotels. Shame.

djsaad1
09-28-2012, 05:53 PM
This was our experience as well. Once we ordered all of the Individual Options, they locked the build pretty quickly. After that point, they built the vehicle really quickly, it was finished two weeks before we were to arrive at the Welt.

My dealer is looking for a week 42 or 43 build slot, I am hoping XZLR8 was right earlier and it was just a canyon brown issue, maybe this time they don't delay it at all. Wishful thinking, but you never know.

XZLR8
09-28-2012, 06:19 PM
My dealer is looking for a week 42 or 43 build slot, I am hoping XZLR8 was right earlier and it was just a canyon brown issue, maybe this time they don't delay it at all. Wishful thinking, but you never know.

You'll end up with a car before me! I'm week 44.

djsaad1
09-28-2012, 06:23 PM
You'll end up with a car before me! I'm week 44.

Last time he had a week 39 slot and bmw delayed it to 44 for the individual items. He is thinking the same type of delay will happen this time.

XZLR8
09-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Last time he had a week 39 slot and bmw delayed it to 44 for the individual items. He is thinking the same type of delay will happen this time.

Ah, makes sense. Hopefully you'll be able to get it before the end of the year, in case there are any especially attractive December programs (as there often are).

djsaad1
09-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Ah, makes sense. Hopefully you'll be able to get it before the end of the year, in case there are any especially attractive December programs (as there often are).

I hope so, but doesn't seem likely. Although last year the 6 series jumped up to a 62% residual in January from 56% in December. Now that would be a great present if that happened again this year.

XZLR8
09-28-2012, 06:43 PM
I hope so, but doesn't seem likely. Although last year the 6 series jumped up to a 62% residual in January from 56% in December. Now that would be a great present if that happened again this year.

If I remember correctly, last January the residual jumped up, but the extra promo cash went away and the money factor increased, too.

djsaad1
09-28-2012, 06:46 PM
If I remember correctly, last January the residual jumped up, but the extra promo cash went away and the money factor increased, too.

Looking at old posts from http://www.ridewithg.com/ it seems like the mf stayed the same. I really have no clue if the site is that accurate or not though. I haven't really done the math but I would guess a 6% raise in residual with the same mf is a bigger discount than what was offered in December.

XZLR8
09-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Looking at old posts from http://www.ridewithg.com/ it seems like the mf stayed the same. I really have no clue if the site is that accurate or not though. I haven't really done the math but I would guess a 6% raise in residual with the same mf is a bigger discount than what was offered in December.

Nice site. I wasn't familiar with that one.

Well, whatever the situation was last year, here's hoping this time around works out for us both.

djsaad1
10-01-2012, 06:08 PM
XZLR8, you might like this, it's a video of the gran coupe at the Paris show and it shows the canyon brown interior. This was actually the same interior I was going to get before the order change, canyon brown on piano black.

By the way I also just noticed I am spending about $2600 on the wood inlay steering wheel. By me getting the opal white/amaro brown combo I can get everything in the individual package but without actually getting the package (with the exception of the steering wheel) and it would be $2600 less. But for some odd reason I really like the look of the white wood on the steering wheel, someone needs to talk some sense into me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nymeOkFjLQ&feature=player_detailpage

XZLR8
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
XZLR8, you might like this, it's a video of the gran coupe at the Paris show and it shows the canyon brown interior. This was actually the same interior I was going to get before the order change, canyon brown on piano black.

By the way I also just noticed I am spending about $2600 on the wood inlay steering wheel. By me getting the opal white/amaro brown combo I can get everything in the individual package but without actually getting the package (with the exception of the steering wheel) and it would be $2600 less. But for some odd reason I really like the look of the white wood on the steering wheel, someone needs to talk some sense into me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nymeOkFjLQ&feature=player_detailpage

Really appreciate you sharing that link. I'm excited about the Canyon Brown! And, I LOVE the look of those wheels, so I'm really excited about that, too.

The Individual steering wheel doesn't do it for me, but I'm hardly a good one to talk anyone out of anything.

djsaad1
10-01-2012, 07:35 PM
It's also funny that bmw put chrome trim and those wheels on a car with the individual package, but yet they are not allowing me to place an order that way. Also just fyi in case you didn't notice, those are not the standard all season tires that come with the car, those are the 19 inch summer performance tires.

XZLR8
10-01-2012, 07:37 PM
It's also funny that bmw put chrome trim and those wheels on a car with the individual package, but yet they are not allowing me to place an order that way.

Yeah, I've never understood the way that packages and options can vary so much by market... often times with little to no reason.

djsaad1
10-01-2012, 08:19 PM
After trying to research what markets would be able to get chrome trim on the individual package, I found out that the car in that video and this video don't actually have chrome trim, its aluminum satinated trim that is available in some markets with the individual package. After looking at the videos again, I think both the chrome and shadowline look better. I probably have about 90 days to wait, I really need to get my mind off this car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEDVFUWIzqI&feature=player_detailpage

XZLR8
10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I probably have about 90 days to wait, I really need to get my mind off this car.

Haha. Yes, good luck with that.

djsaad1
10-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Production week has been pushed back to 47 because of the changes. I am hoping for a miracle and it comes in last week of the year so that I can still take advantage of December incentives.

XZLR8
10-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Production week has been pushed back to 47 because of the changes. I am hoping for a miracle and it comes in last week of the year so that I can still take advantage of December incentives.

What were your final build/trim specs?

djsaad1
10-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Copied this from bmwconfig

BMW 2013 650i Gran Coupe

X11 (Ind) Frozen Bronze Metallic
XEX (Ind) White ash grain wood interior trim
ZBOB (Ind) Opal White/Amaro Brown Merino Leather
2MZ 19" BMW Individual Light Alloy V-Spoke Wheels (Style 349) (decided to do aftermarket 20 inch weels and tires)
2VA Adaptive Drive
2VH Integral Active Steering
4U1 Ceramic Controls
6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System
6NR BMW Apps
XD5 (Ind) Alcantara headliner
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
ZI1 BMW Individual Composition
552 Full LED Lights
760 Shadowline exterior trim
778 Individual Door Sill Finishers
ZLS Luxury Seating Package
5DF Active Cruise Control
6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
XL1 (Ind) Wood inlay steering wheel

djsaad1
10-08-2012, 06:39 AM
At what point do you get a production number or vin? Does that usually happen the week of production?

XZLR8
10-08-2012, 08:54 AM
At what point do you get a production number or vin? Does that usually happen the week of production?

There was a production number listed on the order sheet that was submitted to BMW by my dealership. No VIN yet, obviously, but I do have the production number. Did you get a sheet confirming the build?

djsaad1
10-08-2012, 08:59 AM
I don't have the latest one yet, but I do see it now on my previous order sheet. Thanks!

XZLR8
10-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Just got word that my GC went into production today, with an expected completion date of the 29th. Fantastic!

djsaad1
10-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Wow I am jealous!! That is 2 weeks ahead of schedule no? I am still waiting for week 48.

XZLR8
10-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Wow I am jealous!! That is 2 weeks ahead of schedule no? I am still waiting for week 48.

Yep. Not sure why, but I will take it.

djsaad1
10-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Maybe I will get lucky and they will give me your old spot. :thumbup:

Congrats though, that means it will get to you around end of November right?

XZLR8
10-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Maybe I will get lucky and they will give me your old spot. :thumbup:

Congrats though, that means it will get to you around end of November right?

I think it would be close. I may have them hang on to it until December anyway (which would kill me), in case the programs improve again for the last month of the year. I'm on vacation for a week around Thanksgiving, so maybe that will be the only thing that keeps me calm. Ha.

djsaad1
10-17-2012, 08:51 AM
This is going to kill me, now that I know your car went into production early, every Wednesday for the next 6 weeks I am going to be hoping that my car gets started early.

I was already thinking they might start a couple weeks early because I am guessing they are going to try hard to get these cars out to customers before the year ends. This race with Mercedes does seem like a huge deal to them.

XZLR8
10-17-2012, 09:05 AM
This is going to kill me, now that I know your car went into production early, every Wednesday for the next 6 weeks I am going to be hoping that my car gets started early.

I was already thinking they might start a couple weeks early because I am guessing they are going to try hard to get these cars out to customers before the year ends. This race with Mercedes does seem like a huge deal to them.

It's not uncommon for ordered cars to get pulled into production early anyway, so you might be in luck, too. Fingers crossed.

Gor@AcutePerformance
10-17-2012, 09:09 AM
I have my fingers crossed for you bro, lets hope you get your beast as soon as possible

djsaad1
10-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Just out of curiosity, does the bmwusa tracking website show your car in production or is it still at the on order stage?

XZLR8
10-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Just out of curiosity, does the bmwusa tracking website show your car in production or is it still at the on order stage?

I never pay any attention to the website tracking info.

XZLR8
10-24-2012, 06:41 AM
The latest update from my salesman: "The new GC is in the body shop***8230;..final destination, assembly, the we get to wait for a boat!"

I may have this thing before Turkey Day after all.

djsaad1
10-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Nice!! Although I am guessing you are still going to wait for December delivery.

XZLR8
10-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Nice!! Although I am guessing you are still going to wait for December delivery.

Yeah, probably.

djsaad1
10-25-2012, 04:22 PM
So I happened to be on my dealerships website today and noticed they listed a frozen bronze/amaro opal gran coupe fully loaded. The only difference between this one and the one I ordered is that it has msport and doesn't have the wood inlay steering wheel.

I am a little annoyed that no one called me to at the very least see the colors in person let alone offer me this car instead of the one that won't come in for another 3 months. When I ordered my car the dealer said no one has yet to order frozen bronze, so I am confused how they got this one so fast. They are saying it's the owners new car, because he was upset they sold his other gran coupe so fast. How could they have possibly got him this one so fast?

Does anyone else find it a little weird that this car wasn't offered to me? Or wierd that they didn't at least call me to let me have the opportunity to come see the colors in person? Or am I just being a little OCD about the whole thing?

XZLR8
10-26-2012, 05:11 AM
So I happened to be on my dealerships website today and noticed they listed a frozen bronze/amaro opal gran coupe fully loaded. The only difference between this one and the one I ordered is that it has msport and doesn't have the wood inlay steering wheel.

I am a little annoyed that no one called me to at the very least see the colors in person let alone offer me this car instead of the one that won't come in for another 3 months. When I ordered my car the dealer said no one has yet to order frozen bronze, so I am confused how they got this one so fast. They are saying it's the owners new car, because he was upset they sold his other gran coupe so fast. How could they have possibly got him this one so fast?

Does anyone else find it a little weird that this car wasn't offered to me? Or wierd that they didn't at least call me to let me have the opportunity to come see the colors in person? Or am I just being a little OCD about the whole thing?

I think they at least should have given you the opportunity to see the color. I'm not sure if it's weird that they didn't offer the car to you now, but I think it's weird that it never came up in any of your numerous conversations with them over the last several weeks.

Are you going to stop by and see the color and maybe ask about the car?

djsaad1
10-26-2012, 04:23 PM
I think they at least should have given you the opportunity to see the color. I'm not sure if it's weird that they didn't offer the car to you now, but I think it's weird that it never came up in any of your numerous conversations with them over the last several weeks.

Are you going to stop by and see the color and maybe ask about the car?

Coincidentally the frozen bronze car passed me by today on the highway.

This whole thing has got my mind racing in different directions. And to top it off Porsche has received a beautiful panamera gts on their lot and they are trying hard to get me to purchase it. Complete opposite reaction from Porsche compared to when I walked into the dealership a few months ago.

I am going to take the weekend to think hard about everything. I have to say the frozen bronze did lose a lot of uniqueness in my mind since I am not the first one in the city anymore, but on the other hand it is still a gorgeous car.

mlai
10-26-2012, 06:31 PM
I am going to take the weekend to think hard about everything. I have to say the frozen bronze did lose a lot of uniqueness in my mind since I am not the first one in the city anymore, but on the other hand it is still a gorgeous car.

That was the primary reason that I opted out of the Frozen Bronze! I can just tell the street will be flooded with that color:cry:

XZLR8
10-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Coincidentally the frozen bronze car passed me by today on the highway.

This whole thing has got my mind racing in different directions. And to top it off Porsche has received a beautiful panamera gts on their lot and they are trying hard to get me to purchase it. Complete opposite reaction from Porsche compared to when I walked into the dealership a few months ago.

I will certainly be curious to hear what you decide...

mlai
10-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Had the GC for 2 weeks. Have not bumped into another 650i yet:D

But did see 5 640 GCs driving around. 3 white, 2 frozen bronze. So proves my point. The white and frozen bronze will turn very common with the GC, which is exactly what I don't want:rolleyes:

Leslierc
10-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Had the GC for 2 weeks. Have not bumped into another 650i yet:D

But did see 5 640 GCs driving around. 3 white, 2 frozen bronze. So proves my point. The white and frozen bronze will turn very common with the GC, which is exactly what I don't want:rolleyes:

It seems like you keep finding reasons to point out why your GC is "special". Now, in addition to the shadowline trim your GC is even more so due to its paint scheme. I live in the D.C. area where there are a great deal of uncommon cars and ANY GC would fall into that category. I also spend a lot of time in L.A. In this connection, I am not acquainted with what you're used to seeing in terms of road vehicles where you live; however, Los Angeles will provide a unique and, perhaps, humbling perspective on common versus uncommon when it comes to vehicles.

djsaad1
10-29-2012, 05:52 PM
I will certainly be curious to hear what you decide...

Keeping the Gran Coupe order, did your car finish production?

XZLR8
10-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Keeping the Gran Coupe order, did your car finish production?

Yep, on Friday. Now I'm just waiting for a boat.

Leslierc
11-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Yep, on Friday. Now I'm just waiting for a boat.

Short of actually having the car in your hands this must be an exciting moment for you! Here's to you and your new GC and hoping for good Karma all the way!

Dioinc@aol.com
11-04-2012, 11:23 AM

I just received my 650 xi gc. I got canyon brown w piano black finish. It is beautiful and have received tons of compliments. I was torn for a month w this then saw it at a dealership in Alaska and went and switched my first choice. I am extremely happy w this combo. I to am use to driving black on black and switched to mineral white w canyon brown and black finish. This to me is the dope. Just my opinion.

djsaad1
11-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I just received my 650 xi gc. I got canyon brown w piano black finish. It is beautiful and have received tons of compliments. I was torn for a month w this then saw it at a dealership in Alaska and went and switched my first choice. I am extremely happy w this combo. I to am use to driving black on black and switched to mineral white w canyon brown and black finish. This to me is the dope. Just my opinion.

I ended up completely switching the interior colors out. But I really want to see some pictures of your car, it sounds gorgeous. By the way how long did it take to get the car from when you ordered it?

Dioinc@aol.com
11-04-2012, 11:35 AM
I ended up completely switching the interior colors out. But I really want to see some pictures of your car, it sounds gorgeous. By the way how long did it take to get the car from when you ordered it?

I ordered it in Aug. For sept production and it came in mid Oct. You can google BMW 650 gc with canyon brown interior and just go to link. I did that months ago and didn't have problem. Just love the canton brown with piano black. I also switched it and so glad I did.

XZLR8
11-04-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm really nervous and excited about my Canyon Brown interior that's on order. I've never done anything but black, so this is something all new for me.

Dioinc@aol.com
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm really nervous and excited about my Canyon Brown interior that's on order. I've never done anything but black, so this is something all new for me.

No need to worry canyon brown is gorgeous. What color finish did you go with?

XZLR8
11-04-2012, 01:06 PM
No need to worry canyon brown is gorgeous. What color finish did you go with?

I ordered it with the Gray Poplar. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Piano Black. The Fineline Oak probably would have been the safer choice, but I love the look of the Gray Poplar (have it now) with its blend of warm and cool tones. The only thing I'm worried about is the piping on the seats, which isn't something I would have picked.

I'd love to see pictures of your interior!

Dioinc@aol.com
11-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I ordered it with the Gray Poplar. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Piano Black. The Fineline Oak probably would have been the safer choice, but I love the look of the Gray Poplar (have it now) with its blend of warm and cool tones. The only thing I'm worried about is the piping on the seats, which isn't something I would have picked.

I'd love to see pictures of your interior!

I agree I don't like the piping either. When first saw the color it was on a 3 series without the piping. Suppose we can't have everything. I absolutely love the color and black piano. I googled BMW canyon brown piano black finish and u can see it on a white car.if u can't find I will post pictures, it just difficult for me.

mlai
11-04-2012, 04:35 PM
It seems like you keep finding reasons to point out why your GC is "special". Now, in addition to the shadowline trim your GC is even more so due to its paint scheme. I live in the D.C. area where there are a great deal of uncommon cars and ANY GC would fall into that category. I also spend a lot of time in L.A. In this connection, I am not acquainted with what you're used to seeing in terms of road vehicles where you live; however, Los Angeles will provide a unique and, perhaps, humbling perspective on common versus uncommon when it comes to vehicles.

Well.... Hong Kong can very well be worse than LA..... With a 115% tax on vehicles, we still have more benz than taxis, and where Ferraris, Lambos, McLaren's, Bentleys are common sight. I already count 8+ Panamera 4S just in the parking garage of my apartment alone, 6 Lambos, and 5 Ferraris......:tsk: And I lost count on the Bentleys....

Maybe a Toyota is rarer (relatively speaking).:rofl:

640GC
11-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Post photos!

djsaad1
11-06-2012, 06:58 AM
XZLR8, any new news on the car? 640GC is your car state side now? I am currently living vicariously through you guys since mine still has a few weeks before it starts.

XZLR8
11-06-2012, 07:00 AM
XZLR8, any new news on the car?
The last I heard anything (end of last week), my GC was still waiting on a boat. I'm told that new information is generally available on Tuesdays, so I may know more after today.

Leslierc
11-06-2012, 09:13 AM
The last I heard anything (end of last week), my GC was still waiting on a boat. I'm told that new information is generally available on Tuesdays, so I may know more after today.

Darn!!! Every time I see that you have posted to this thread I check to see if it is to report you've received your GC. You most definitely owe us pics now!:)

XZLR8
11-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Darn!!! Every time I see that you have posted to this thread I check to see if it is to report you've received your GC. You most definitely owe us pics now!:)

Wish I could oblige. Depending on how quickly it makes it to a boat, of course, the current goal ETA is the last week of this month. We'll see.

640GC
11-06-2012, 02:20 PM
XZLR8, any new news on the car? 640GC is your car state side now? I am currently living vicariously through you guys since mine still has a few weeks before it starts.

I believe our vehicle is at the VPC but I haven't heard a peep. The last tracking I had was the vehicle being released by the shipper and it having gone through customs. Last time we tried calling, BMW was closed due to the hurricane.

djsaad1
11-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I believe our vehicle is at the VPC but I haven't heard a peep. The last tracking I had was the vehicle being released by the shipper and it having gone through customs. Last time we tried calling, BMW was closed due to the hurricane.

Hopefully not the jersey VPC?

XZLR8
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Well, it's officially on a boat with an ETA of 11/20/2012.

djsaad1
11-07-2012, 12:14 PM
We should start a pool on what happens first. Your car arriving or my car starting production.

Gor@AcutePerformance
11-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Haha that'll make the process a little more exciting

djsaad1
11-14-2012, 04:50 PM
After driving the cts coupe for a few weeks now, I am somewhat regretting not getting xdrive. I think I am just used to the feel of 4 wheel drive from driving range rovers for the past few years. I have already spun my rear wheels a couple times on both wet and dry roads. I probably just need to get used to it again, but next time I am going to want xdrive.

XZLR8
11-14-2012, 08:12 PM
After driving the cts coupe for a few weeks now, I am somewhat regretting not getting xdrive. I think I am just used to the feel of 4 wheel drive from driving range rovers for the past few years. I have already spun my rear wheels a couple times on both wet and dry roads. I probably just need to get used to it again, but next time I am going to want xdrive.

Yeah, I order xDrive for its all season capabilities, but I think it'd be worth it for the difference in steering feel if nothing else.

djsaad1
11-19-2012, 09:05 AM
My car finally started production and according to dealer should be here by Christmas.

XZLR8
11-22-2012, 07:18 PM
My car finally started production and according to dealer should be here by Christmas.

I'm still hoping to have mine by the end of the month (or maybe by Saturday the 1st). It made it to the port on the 20th, so now it's all up to the trucking gods.

We just returned from a vacation in north Scottsdale, where I rented a Panamera for the week (nicely done, Hertz). I'm still excited and anxious about taking delivery of my GC, but I have to tell you... I fell completely in love with the Pan. I can certainly see why we've had some board participants cross-shop the two.

djsaad1
11-22-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm still hoping to have mine by the end of the month (or maybe by Saturday the 1st). It made it to the port on the 20th, so now it's all up to the trucking gods.

We just returned from a vacation in north Scottsdale, where I rented a Panamera for the week (nicely done, Hertz). I'm still excited and anxious about taking delivery of my GC, but I have to tell you... I fell completely in love with the Pan. I can certainly see why we've had some board participants cross-shop the two.

I feel the same way, I am very excited about the GC, but I think my next car will be a Panamera or the concept car they released last month.

XZLR8
11-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I feel the same way, I am very excited about the GC, but I think my next car will be a Panamera or the concept car they released last month.
Much as I loved the Pan, the truth is that it would be hard for me to make the switch for a variety of other reasons. Still, what a fun week in that car... and it was just the base Panamera, too!

Leslierc
11-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Much as I loved the Pan, the truth is that it would be hard for me to make the switch for a variety of other reasons. Still, what a fun week in that car... and it was just the base Panamera, too!

I spent a good deal of time testing a base Pana and I certainly agree with your assessment that the car is a lot of fun. You can imagine how much better this car performs with a V8 under the hood and all wheel drive. Since you've become we'll acquainted with the Panamera, I'll most definitely look forward to your thoughts in comparison once you've broken-in your 650ix GC. By the way, the specs you've posted for your GC suggest that it's going to be a real head-turner!

XZLR8
11-23-2012, 04:44 AM
I spent a good deal of time testing a base Pana and I certainly agree with your assessment that the car is a lot of fun. You can imagine how much better this car performs with a V8 under the hood and all wheel drive. Since you've become we'll acquainted with the Panamera, I'll most definitely look forward to your thoughts in comparison once you've broken-in your 650ix GC. By the way, the specs you've posted for your GC suggest that it's going to be a real head-turner!

Yeah, I told my wife the same thing... with the V8 and AWD, I can just imagine how much better the car would be. Still, even with the 6, it was a fantastic drive. On the negative side, initially I hated all of the buttons and the U/I in general, but by the end of the week, I had generally acclimated to it with only a few lingering issues (like the door lock button, which seemed silly).

We'd driven the 5 to the airport, so I went from driving the Pan for a week to jumping in our 5 once we got home. Talk about a let-down. However, driving my 6er Coupe this morning restored my faith. I know that I'll be thrilled with the GC when it comes in. I just also now know that if I ever leave BMW, I have a soft place to land.

640GC
11-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I drove my friends Panamera in Florida and it was a S#$@ grin on my face! It was fun to drive. The 640GC feels more like a luxurious sporty land yacht with some attitude.

XZLR8
11-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Fresh off the truck, yet to be prepped and tinted.

djsaad1
11-26-2012, 01:37 PM
The canyon brown looks great with that wood. Great choice!

Leslierc
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM

Looks fantastic! Congratulations! When are they delivering it to you?

wassy
11-26-2012, 02:58 PM
That's hot!

XZLR8
11-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I will probably take delivery on Friday or Saturday. I've been out of the office for ten days, so I need to see how my schedule pans out for the week. Plus, the car still needs to be fully prepped and the windows have to be tinted. Very excited, though. Better pictures will certainly follow.

Leslierc
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Very excited for you...the car is gorgeous and that Canyon Brown interior is sick! The interior of my 4S is very similar in colour. Porsche calls theirs Espresso. Dark brown leather is very rich looking...the new black!

XZLR8
11-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Very excited for you...the car is gorgeous and that Canyon Brown interior is sick! The interior of my 4S is very similar in colour. Porsche calls theirs Espresso. Dark brown leather is very rich looking...the new black!

Thanks! Porsche's Espresso leather was actually part of my initial inspiration for making the switch from my traditional Black. I have to make peace with the piping, but I'm LOVING the color of the leather.

XZLR8
11-26-2012, 05:11 PM
The canyon brown looks great with that wood. Great choice!

That was my biggest concern, mostly because everyone was trying to talk me into the Fineline Oak. I think I'm going to be very happy with my (somewhat unexpected) choice.

WhyGeeGee
11-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Congratulation on your gorgeous car , what a sexy combo and I'm glad you picked thoes rims as imo they are the best looking rims from BMW :thumbup:

Can't wait to see more pictures.

XZLR8
11-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Congratulation on your gorgeous car , what a sexy combo and I'm glad you pick thoes rims as imo they are the best looking rims from BMW :thumbup:

Can't wait to see more pictures.

Thanks, WhyGeeGee. I'm excited to bring 'er home.

XZLR8
11-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Well, she's home. And I'm smitten. It's already dark out, so more pictures will have to follow. Until then, I'm the guy with a huge smile on his face.

XZLR8
12-01-2012, 01:42 PM
A few exterior shots...

XZLR8
12-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Interior shots are tough, especially those of the iPhone variety, because they just don't do the Individual leather justice. So, hesitantly, here are a couple that show the leather with my wood choice, as well as against the (special ordered) Shadowline trim...

djsaad1
12-01-2012, 01:55 PM
It looks stunning!! Congrats on the new car!

XZLR8
12-01-2012, 02:08 PM
It looks stunning!! Congrats on the new car!

Thanks. The pictures aren't great, but I'm certainly thrilled with everything.

One thing I will mention, in case you were unaware, is that there's an extra Cash Back opportunity by downloading the BMW Ultimate Drive app and scheduling a "test drive" with your dealership. By doing this, your dealership should get a certificate / voucher number that can be used on your deal. For the GC, it's an additional $700, assuming you take delivery by the end of December.

Do you have an ETA yet?

djsaad1
12-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Currently on the boat, hoping to have it by last week of December. I am pretty sure the ultimate drive app is only for current or past BMW customers. But I will for sure look into it again.

Leslierc
12-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Beautiful car! From your pictures, except for the fact that yours is a GC, the exterior and interior colours appear exactly the same as my 4S...even down to the burled walnut trim. Seriously, though, we'll done! Hope you enjoy many great miles with that one!

XZLR8
12-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Beautiful car! From your pictures, except for the fact that yours is a GC, the exterior and interior colours appear exactly the same as my 4S...even down to the burled walnut trim. Seriously, though, we'll done! Hope you enjoy many great miles with that one!

Thanks! Clearly, we have great taste. Ha.

XZLR8
12-01-2012, 08:26 PM
A few random observations after a day and a half of GC ownership:

1) While the HP upgrade over the '12 Coupe is certainly noticeable (and appreciated!), what I'm struck by most is the way the new engine seems/sounds smoother. Very nice.

2) The Individual leather is gorgeous. I like the Canyon Brown color a lot, of course, but I also like the way the leather is extended to the glove box lid, the lower door panels, etc. The seats also seem a bit more cushioned than my seats in the Coupe. I'm not sure if this is just the different leather (Merino vs. Nappa) or some sort of placebo effect, but both my wife and I mentioned it right away.

3) While the car handles much like the 6er Coupe, there is a definite difference in seating position. I'd read somewhere that the seats in the GC are positioned 1-2" inches higher than those in the Coupe, which perhaps explains some of it. I also think I intentionally adjust my seat more like one would in a sedan, as opposed to the stretched out way I tended to keep my seat in the Coupe. I'll have to see if that changes over time, as I tend to be one to constantly fiddle with the seat adjustments in the first few months of a new car ownership.

4) Love the mood lighting on the interior of the B-pillar.

5) I ordered my car just a bit too soon for the soft close doors, but even more than those, I miss having an auto-close trunk. This one seems like it takes two attempts to get it to latch, whereas I didn't have that problem with the Coupe. Annoying.

6) The LED headlights not only look better aesthetically (they weren't available with my configuration on the Coupe), but they also illuminate better, particularly the cornering lamps.

I told you.... totally random.

southern6er22
12-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Love the mood lighting on the interior of the B-pillar.

I wish they did that with the coupe. I know it's more of a sedan thing and is less noticeable in the coupe, but if they had to put a pillar there, they could've at least dressed it up by extending the lighting.

This one seems like it takes two attempts to get it to latch, whereas I didn't have that problem with the Coupe. Annoying.

Looks like you got the same mechanism as my coupe. Closing it with grace is next to impossible. Closing it without one completely free hand is next to impossible. I think this is how BMW responds to the claims that parts of the car are over engineered. Definitely not the case here...

djsaad1
12-07-2012, 08:58 PM
What percent tint did you get?

XZLR8
12-07-2012, 09:34 PM
What percent tint did you get?

I always get 35%.

djsaad1
12-08-2012, 11:17 AM
It looked darker to me but I guess that is because I have never tinted the windshield before. I might try that this time around.

XZLR8
12-09-2012, 07:04 AM
It looked darker to me but I guess that is because I have never tinted the windshield before. I might try that this time around.

I've never tinted the front windshield, either. I think the tint looks darker in my pictures because I probably also had the rear window blinds up.

ish
12-09-2012, 07:23 AM
The car looks amazing, I love the full leather & silver / brown combo. The brown would also be great with a dark grey. We had a tabaco brown inter a few years back that I loved!
We have the soft close doors on our 550 and they are quite special, in addition to the B&O upgrade and interior lighting, which was a surprise to me until the first night!

ish
12-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Thanks. The pictures aren't great, but I'm certainly thrilled with everything.

One thing I will mention, in case you were unaware, is that there's an extra Cash Back opportunity by downloading the BMW Ultimate Drive app and scheduling a "test drive" with your dealership. By doing this, your dealership should get a certificate / voucher number that can be used on your deal. For the GC, it's an additional $700, assuming you take delivery by the end of December.

Do you have an ETA yet?

Can you use that with holiday cash?

XZLR8
12-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Can you use that with holiday cash?

Yes.

ish
12-09-2012, 07:29 AM

Your car was probably on the same ship as my new 550xi. The Don Juan offloaded in NJ on 11/15-11/16, and I got my car on 11/20.

XZLR8
12-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Your car was probably on the same ship as my new 550xi. The Don Juan offloaded in NJ on 11/15-11/16, and I got my car on 11/20.

For some reason, I want to say my car came in at a port in Baltimore a couple days later, but I could be wrong. I wasn't tracking the actual boat.

Congrats on your new 550!

640GC
12-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Surprisingly, although I would have liked to have soft close doors, the doors we have do close with a nice solid feel. The trunk though is another story. It does take multiple attempts for the lid to stay shut. The ambient lighting is cool but we have to keep turning off the Nav display as it overpowers the interior lighting.

Anyone know how to make the BMW boot up screen come back on? The colors would go perfect with the ambient lighting. Would be nice to have it come on automatically after x # of seconds with any touch of the controls bringing back the previous screen. Can that be coded?