PDA

View Full Version : Headlight/Foglight Coding Options?

KaileSvick
09-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Maybe someone can help me out?

I have been trying to code my foglights to come on automatically with my headlights, its not a huge deal to me its just an annoyance to have to push the button everytime the lights come on.

I also would like to know how to code the halogen high- beams to come on with my bi-xenon, or come on in place of the bi-xenon. My halogens are much brighter on the road than my bi-xenon.

ONE more thing, i need to disable the TPM system, the aftermarket wheels that came on my car do not and cannot have TPM sensors due to the wheels shape.

BTW i am using NCSExpert. I have Progman/SSV32 but it does not work.

Thanks in advance!!!

***CCCP***
09-12-2012, 10:02 PM
register on this website http://www.bmwcoding.com/forumdisplay.php?33-E6x
this will be ur best friend for coding ull see codes available for our cars and u can figure out what u want

KaileSvick
09-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Forgot all about that site. If i get any info ill be sure to forward it along

***CCCP***
09-12-2012, 10:13 PM
yup

First_745Li
09-13-2012, 05:54 AM

ONE more thing, i need to disable the TPM system, the aftermarket wheels that came on my car do not and cannot have TPM sensors due to the wheels shape.

Thanks in advance!!!

Why not just buy the sensors? You've invested some good money on wheels might as well monitor them. You can get the sensors on eBay.
TPS an option my car doesn't have and I wish it did b/c with 22''s it would be nice to know the tire pressure at any time, especially while driving. Or get alerted when the pressure is low.

KaileSvick
09-13-2012, 06:22 AM
I have the sensors, but with the design of the wheel and the location of the valve stem they don't correctly fit. Otherwise I would love to have them on as well, it's almost impossible to tell when my tires are low with a 25 series :tsk:

First_745Li
09-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Gotcha.

csmeance
09-13-2012, 01:06 PM

I have been trying to code my foglights to come on automatically with my headlights, its not a huge deal to me its just an annoyance to have to push the button everytime the lights come on.

I also would like to know how to code the halogen high- beams to come on with my bi-xenon, or come on in place of the bi-xenon. My halogens are much brighter on the road than my bi-xenon.

BTW i am using NCSExpert. I have Progman/SSV32 but it does not work.

Thanks in advance!!!

The fog lamps are pointed lower at the ground to help see through fog and thus appear brighter than the main headlamps at first. However the projector for the main lamps is designed to have light reach out further and be focused vs the fog light so it doesn't appear as bright, but is in fact much brighter.

I have the sensors, but with the design of the wheel and the location of the valve stem they don't correctly fit. Otherwise I would love to have them on as well, it's almost impossible to tell when my tires are low with a 25 series :tsk:

As far as your wheels go, you can buy some wheel straps and strap the sensors to the inside of the wheel and not the valve stem:
http://www.tpmsdirect.com/TPMS_Mounting_Strap_Kit_Installation_a/289.htm

KaileSvick
09-13-2012, 02:14 PM
The fog lamps are pointed lower at the ground to help see through fog and thus appear brighter than the main headlamps at first. However the projector for the main lamps is designed to have light reach out further and be focused vs the fog light so it doesn't appear as bright, but is in fact much brighter.

i believe i have a problem with my xenons. the lenses are crystal clear, the lights are properly aimed, and the lights appear to be bright, but i have very poor visibility on the road. really the only thing i can think of is buildup inside of the projector, but im not entirely sure

***CCCP***
09-13-2012, 02:25 PM
This is really weird. Even my lights being dirty/dusty/ foggy on the inside, they were still bright enough for me to see everything at night. If one of ur hids were brighter then that would be electrical problem but as u stated they are both same. I honestly dont have an idea on this.

csmeance
09-13-2012, 02:44 PM
i believe i have a problem with my xenons. the lenses are crystal clear, the lights are properly aimed, and the lights appear to be bright, but i have very poor visibility on the road. really the only thing i can think of is buildup inside of the projector, but im not entirely sure
The HID's will loose brightness over time and use. Even though they can last for 3000 hrs the lumen output will decrease over that period but it shouldn't be something severe. The projectors BMW uses on the E65/66 (facelifted) isn't the best in the world and hence the light doesn't look that bright compared to other car's with HID's.

My only advice is to use a new and better bulb like the Phillips 81522+ bulbs

This is really weird. Even my lights being dirty/dusty/ foggy on the inside, they were still bright enough for me to see everything at night. If one of ur hids were brighter then that would be electrical problem but as u stated they are both same. I honestly dont have an idea on this.

On the non-facelift ones the projectors were a bit better! As well you guys use D2S bulbs while the facelift ones use a D1S bulb! but it doesn't compare to a good projector like one from an S2000 or TL or FX

KaileSvick
09-13-2012, 02:44 PM
I am at a loss as well. My lights were very bad on the inside, but i removed the lenses and had to use a rubbing compound to get the residue off. My flash to pass high-beams are twice as bright as my hids. When its raining, forget about it! The only thing i did not clean was the inside of the projector. I was thinking possibly weak bulbs, but they are very bright when looking at them.

KaileSvick
09-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Ohh by the way, if you want Halogen high beams, On NCSExpert go to your LMA, look for BI_XENON_VERBAUT and set to nicht_aktiv

***CCCP***
09-13-2012, 05:19 PM
The HID's will loose brightness over time and use. Even though they can last for 3000 hrs the lumen output will decrease over that period but it shouldn't be something severe. The projectors BMW uses on the E65/66 (facelifted) isn't the best in the world and hence the light doesn't look that bright compared to other car's with HID's.

My only advice is to use a new and better bulb like the Phillips 81522+ bulbs

On the non-facelift ones the projectors were a bit better! As well you guys use D2S bulbs while the facelift ones use a D1S bulb! but it doesn't compare to a good projector like one from an S2000 or TL or FX

Nice to know that at least something is better on prefacelift haha