PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar XKR

MikalMuh
09-13-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm thinking about adding an XKR to my stable. Any of you guys have a Jag? What are your thoughts about the XKR?

Db750
09-13-2012, 07:46 PM
What year? Vert or coupe?

Suri [TBR]
09-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Brotha if you're talking about the brand new ones, don't even think twice :D

MikalMuh
09-13-2012, 07:54 PM
What year? Vert or coupe?

Either a 2009 or 2010 coupe.

Db750
09-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Coupe is the way to go in this car. A 2010 is an absolute no brainer as that is when the facelift occurred which most notably adds the new engine with 510 HP as compared with the very dated 420HP V8 in the 2009.

I actually did a fair amount of research (and drooling over the pictures) on this car about a year ago. They are very rare, and the forums have little to no activity, but at that time I didn't find any huge maintenance or problem areas with the car. The main complaint I saw was with the slow navigation/infotainment interface.

If this is the car you want I say go for it. It is absolutely stunning and will look good on the road for years to come. There's no question I am biased, but I would recommend looking at an M6 as well if you are shopping in this segment.

Suri [TBR]
09-13-2012, 10:38 PM
coupe is the way to go in this car. A 2010 is an absolute no brainer as that is when the facelift occurred which most notably adds the new engine with 510 hp as compared with the very dated 420hp v8 in the 2009.

I actually did a fair amount of research (and drooling over the pictures) on this car about a year ago. They are very rare, and the forums have little to no activity, but at that time i didn't find any huge maintenance or problem areas with the car. The main complaint i saw was with the slow navigation/infotainment interface.

If this is the car you want i say go for it. It is absolutely stunning and will look good on the road for years to come. There's no question i am biased, but i would recommend looking at an m6 as well if you are shopping in this segment.

+1 :thumbup:

MikalMuh
09-13-2012, 11:54 PM
I prefer the 2010 and the additional horses. Just wanted to know the impressions of others about the car. And it is rare. I live in the Dallas area and may see one a month. I kind of like that.