PDA

View Full Version : v1 install problem?

g550guy
06-26-2004, 11:23 AM
anyone know how to get the light module out of the overhead? i am having difficulty getting it out so i can hardwire my v1. thanks.

Emission
06-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Please post pics too. I want to hardwire my 8500 this weekend as well...

g550guy
06-26-2004, 02:36 PM
i just followed instructions on x5 world. my light module had a defective clip which prevented me pulling it out easily. install took about 30 min or so. it is really nice deal now. no more cig lighter for power.

turbosteve
07-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi there, I was wondering if you know of some other BMW Forum sites that are a bit more active than this one. The PSC boards that I am logged in with (6speedonline and rennlist) are both much more active than this one. I also sign on to the M5 board on occasion as they are a bit more active. Thank you!

turbosteve
07-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I followed these instructions, not much different for the X5. The overhead light will just pry out, from the back- passenger area.
http://www.bmw330ci.com/DIY_V1.htm

Emission
07-08-2004, 01:42 PM
I followed these instructions, not much different for the X5. The overhaed light will just pry out, from the back.
http://www.bmw330ci.com/DIY_V1.htm

"...from the back." Windshield end? Or the Passenger compartment end?

Emission
07-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi there, I was wondering if you know of some other BMW Forum sites that are a bit more active than this one. The PSC boards that I am logged in with (6speedonline and rennlist) are both much more active than this one. I also sign on to the M5 board on occasion as they are a bit more active. Thank you!

I know... not the most active... but easily the most friendly! :D

I don't know of a more active site. Seems X5 owners don't have as many issues, mods, or time to sit in front of a computer and surf. :dunno:

turbosteve
07-08-2004, 03:26 PM
"...from the back." Windshield end? Or the Passenger compartment end?

From the passenger side. Use a screwdriver - carefully, or something thin and plastic. It will be in kind of snug, but as soon as it starts moving you will figure it out.
I will check it again when I get home tonight, just to verify.
S

turbosteve
07-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Yep - it's confirmed from the passenger side of the light housing. It is held in by two metal spring clips, once you get passed these your home free. :thumbup:

DesertSnake
07-09-2004, 08:47 PM
thanks for the link. I just did the install and it came out nicely. I have about 15 pics if anyone can host them, and I can do a little write up.

IFlyX5
07-14-2004, 07:25 PM
I know... not the most active... but easily the most friendly! :D

I don't know of a more active site. Seems X5 owners don't have as many issues, mods, or time to sit in front of a computer and surf. :dunno:
You are wrong about your assumption that X5 owners don't have issues or mods. Check out the Roadfly site and learn for yourself. We're the X5 mod kings!