PDA

View Full Version : Temperamental Car

745iguy
09-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I recently changed my VCG's: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645250

turned out i had a loose coil so i re-plugged it and the problem of the misfire went away.. cleared the codes... got the newer set of crankcase vent pipes and installed them..

today i was driving and the car appeared to start missing again.. shaking.. "engine malfunction drive moderately catalyst damage blah blah".... was close to home parked the car, got my laptop and came back out.. damn cable must be fried tried to get it working while i had the key in the ignition in the on position... no luck need to get another cable now :cry:
So then i decide to turn the car on.. wtf no more misfire or drive moderately msg? :dunno:
Drive the car.. go on the highway and pushed the car like crazy, didnt recur..
What do you think? Should I be worried? It freaked out and all of a sudden all was fine.. :confused:
Idk :eeps:

SFbay
09-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Check or even better get new coils

745iguy
09-14-2012, 02:00 PM
asa i get the codes and take a look at everything, probably going to have to do that.. there was oil in the wells in bank 2 before i changed the plug tubes and VCG but the car never did this prior to changing it all out

745iguy
09-14-2012, 06:44 PM
cylinder 8 misfire (last time it was 7), checked the coil, it wasnt seated in the groove properly and i will wait and see what happens, if it happens again, new coils it is but 100 miles of driving later still cant replicate the misfire :dunno: