PDA

View Full Version : Subs

jcharris
09-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Does anyone know the model number for the Earthquake woofer that will fit under the seat of the 7?

KingSilverback
09-16-2012, 06:16 AM
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18036_Earthquake-SWS-8XI.html

Of course you can get em cheaper than that if you search :)

Boeing750i
09-16-2012, 09:20 AM
http://www.amazon.com/SWS-8Xi-Earthquake-Shallow-Watt-Subwoofer/dp/B003R5NS9U

Are these just plug and play? Any DIY on this mod?

Boeing750i
09-16-2012, 09:24 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EARTHQUAKE-SWS-8Xi-8-2-OHM-300-WATT-SLIM-SHALLOW-SUBWOOFER-SWS8Xi-BRAND-NEW-/221003281830?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item3374d275a6

KingSilverback
09-16-2012, 10:26 AM
http://www.amazon.com/SWS-8Xi-Earthquake-Shallow-Watt-Subwoofer/dp/B003R5NS9U

Are these just plug and play? Any DIY on this mod?

You're gonna need the connectors for these subs so you can plug em into the oem wire, otherwise you might have to cut the connectors off the stock subs, I believe a member here by the name of Technic sells those connectors so you don't have to cut any wires, should pretty much be plug and play from then on, I'm buying these this week, I'll take pics for you guys when I get around to installing them. Gonna power them with an aftermarket amp so Dynamating the floor is a must

Boeing750i
09-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Great - if you could include installation pics/directions and any parts used that would be very useful.

BimmerBrad7
09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Do these sound that much better if your still keeping everything else factory? They would probably need more power no?

jcharris
09-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Thanks Boeing 750, love the 7 bro.....

TylerZ06
09-29-2012, 09:15 AM
I was also thinking of adding these subs. I have faound a few others such as the ROCKFORD FOSGATE P3SD2-8 PUNCH 8" SHALLOW SUBWOOFER 2 OHM which seem to have the same mounting locations. The depth look to be ok. Still on the fence and need more input before I decide. Anyone have the Eqrthquakes installed? Sound quality? I am going to add the JL stealthbox but think the 8's can help with more mid range bass. Input?

KingSilverback
09-29-2012, 09:27 AM
I was also thinking of adding these subs. I have faound a few others such as the ROCKFORD FOSGATE P3SD2-8 PUNCH 8" SHALLOW SUBWOOFER 2 OHM which seem to have the same mounting locations. The depth look to be ok. Still on the fence and need more input before I decide. Anyone have the Eqrthquakes installed? Sound quality? I am going to add the JL stealthbox but think the 8's can help with more mid range bass. Input?

I bought the earthquakes already, waiting to get my L7 AMP back from repair then I will install them, I've done a lot of research on them and it seems you have to get the depth right when you install them otherwise they won't sound good, people use spacers from JTSHERRI to get the right depth, guy who sold me the quakes gave me those spacers too. I plan on powering the Quakes using an RE 1000.1 Amp then I'll later add one 12" sub in ski pass. You're gonna pay $1200 for the Stealthbox? You'd be better off having someone build something similar for you, should be much cheaper

blue22flames00
09-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Do these sound that much better if your still keeping everything else factory? They would probably need more power no?

Wondering the same..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Bimmer App

KingSilverback
09-29-2012, 03:49 PM
I'll power them with the stock amp to compare to oem subs before I power them with aftermarket amp, then I'll report back to you guys, but they should be more powerful either way

TylerZ06
10-01-2012, 06:39 AM
I bought the earthquakes already, waiting to get my L7 AMP back from repair then I will install them, I've done a lot of research on them and it seems you have to get the depth right when you install them otherwise they won't sound good, people use spacers from JTSHERRI to get the right depth, guy who sold me the quakes gave me those spacers too. I plan on powering the Quakes using an RE 1000.1 Amp then I'll later add one 12" sub in ski pass. You're gonna pay $1200 for the Stealthbox? You'd be better off having someone build something similar for you, should be much cheaper

King my buddy is a JL dealer and says he can get me the box for about $780 which is not bad because the cost on the subs are up there so the box ends up being pretty cheap. No way would I pay $1200 becuase then I would just build the same box per JL specs but do W7's with twin JL 500/1. Going to get the L7 fixed before I do anything. If the stock subs work and sound ok I will just do the box with subs. I was only going to upgrade the stock
8's for mid range bass.

KingSilverback
10-03-2012, 07:25 AM
King my buddy is a JL dealer and says he can get me the box for about $780 which is not bad because the cost on the subs are up there so the box ends up being pretty cheap. No way would I pay $1200 becuase then I would just build the same box per JL specs but do W7's with twin JL 500/1. Going to get the L7 fixed before I do anything. If the stock subs work and sound ok I will just do the box with subs. I was only going to upgrade the stock
8's for mid range bass.

Man that's a sweet deal, does your buddy have a website or he's just local in your area? I get my L7 AMP back , I'm not gonna install the earthquake sws 8xi's without that stuff because they are 2ohm and the L7 AMP is 4ohm so I could fry my L7 that way

219BMW
08-10-2013, 01:49 PM
I know this post is hella old,,,,,,but it trips me out how that stealth box STILL sells for $1200-1300!! and I haven't heard (on this board) one person that brought it. Someone should hit JL Audio or a local shop that has a few sitting with dust on them and see what they would do for a small group buy.

Joe750
08-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Do they have to be the 2 ohm or 4 ohm earthquakes ???

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app