PDA

View Full Version : BTUM and the IPhone 5

roadfrog
09-17-2012, 08:54 AM
So does anyone have any concerns whether the new IPhone will work with the BTUM modules?

Slick444
09-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Shouldn't be an issue

dhunt
10-19-2012, 07:36 PM
So does anyone have any concerns whether the new IPhone will work with the BTUM modules?

Just got my new iPhone5 yesterday and I can make calls and communicate through the BTUM system but my contact list is not downloading like it did with my old iPhone4. So I've had to initiate outgoing calls from my phone. Incoming calls work fine. I've reconnected the phone twice through bluetooth but still have same problem with outgoing calss. Will play around with settings in hopes of figuring it out.

SuperSnoop
10-19-2012, 08:10 PM
The phone book downloaded just fine on mine. I've got a 2007 fitted with the original iPhone dock in the console. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Bmw413
10-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Just got my new iPhone5 yesterday and I can make calls and communicate through the BTUM system but my contact list is not downloading like it did with my old iPhone4. So I've had to initiate outgoing calls from my phone. Incoming calls work fine. I've reconnected the phone twice through bluetooth but still have same problem with outgoing calss. Will play around with settings in hopes of figuring it out.

I have an 04 745li and my btum connected to my iPhone5 works great it also downloaded my contact list fairly fast..

dhunt
10-22-2012, 11:34 PM
I have an 04 745li and my btum connected to my iPhone5 works great it also downloaded my contact list fairly fast..

Well, this is encouraging. I'll keep trying to reconnect.

***CCCP***
10-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Just try to reconnect it couple of times it happens sometimes when btum doesnt want to pair ur phone properly. Had that problem with my 3gs then 4 and 4gs. But after fighting for a bit it finally paired properly.

jwunder
03-24-2013, 04:34 PM
I have an 02 745i with the BTUM Bluetooth module. It worked fine with two different Blackberrys. I upgraded to an iPhone 5 recently. The phone paired without difficulty and uploaded by address book without any problems. However, the incoming audio was badly distorted with a lot of interference. After re-pairing several times I was about to give up and reactivate the Blackberry. I just happened to take the phone out of my jacket pocket and suddenly the distortion went away. I suspect the problem is related to the antenna issues that were a major complaint when the phone was first introduced.

Wallace754
03-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Mines works fine. Contact list and all. I've had the 5 for a few months.

whytry
11-12-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm confused a little here. I thought our cars had BT factory or am I missing something here. My car was paired to my old IPhone 4 and worked just fine, now I can't get it to pair with my IPhone 5.... Am I missing something in regards to the factory BT or is this BTUM needed for the IPhone 5?

mws
11-13-2013, 04:35 PM
I have had every model of iPhone since it began, and have had my Motorola BTUM for a couple of years now with my 2003 760Li. I have a 5, and like the later iPhones before it, it seems to be getting flakier and flakier. I find it "thinks" it is connected, and won't transmit the call to the car's audio system about every 2 days or so, and I have to turn off BT on my iPhone 5 and turn it on again and THEN it really connects. More dangerous than BT is worth, while driving.

iPhone 4S did it as well, but only once every 2-3 weeks. Before that, BT was rock-solid with the older iPhones.

PAPER
11-13-2013, 10:33 PM
for those of you having issues with your Iphone 5 , There are 2 things you can
check to try to fix it .

1 = make sure your Iphone software ( IOS ) is up to date as the Iphone 5
has had a Bluetooth bug in a couple of there software updates in in the past
You will have to look up what Versions had the Bluetooth issue , If I recall
correctly it was a couple of the 6.XXX versions . But like I said look it up if
you want to know for sure .

2 = erase any previous Paired phones from your car so you can start fresh .
Also delete the car Bluetooth from your phone , So that also makes a fresh start .

Now I tried pairing My Daughters old Iphone 5 tonight to my car & did not have
any issue's at all , Everything worked on the first try . Phone book , SMS , &
Missed calls loaded without a problem . I even made a couple calls to be sure
it all worked . Same thing goes for her new Iphone 5s no problem pairing at all .

EDIT = NO YOU DO NOT NEED THE BTUM IF YOUR CAR IS A 2006 UP !!!