PDA

View Full Version : audio problems

hoodman
09-17-2012, 03:59 PM
When I bought my 06 750 i I noticed that the sound coming from the audio was muffled in all modes SAT, FM, CD etc. I took to BMW big mistake and they told me that the logic 7 amp was bad. They replaced it to the tune of $1200.00 and the audio sounded 99% better; however all the subs seemed to work and all speakers worked except the one in the drivers door, or course in the seat where I spend the most time. They pulled out the speaker and tried a good speaker and the result was the same no audio from the driver door speaker. They told me that I also needed a new ask unit and since only 1 speaker wasn't playing I have lived with it for a year, but know that I have found some experts and thanks for the aux solution I am asking for a second opinion as I still do not have another $1000.00 to spend on the ask unit. I have found a new ask unit for $372.00 does it require any additional programing or could I just replace it when I pull out the ask unit to perform the aux upgrade.

Music has always been my hobby and I hate having anything less than quality audio/video. I owned a custom home theater design and installation company prior to the recession, unfortunately I was forced to close it as few people had the money to have new theaters installed in their homes since house pricing has fallen so badly. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

hoodman

sirstopher
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
To my knowledge the ask is plug and play, ultimately you would want to program your vin number to the unit.

More will chime in

jcharris
09-18-2012, 01:17 AM
What does the ask unit do?

lotusbled
09-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Anybody know if you can use a face lift ASK in an 02 and have the AM/FM buttons working with an 02 MMI. Thanks.

Suri [TBR]
09-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Rookie, Paper, Ace, DFEL, where you guys at?! :D