PDA

View Full Version : Rough ticking sound at 500 Rpm's ?!

scottychee93
09-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Hey guys, Im hearing a rough ticking sound on the front of the motor on the passenger side when the vehicle is at 500 rpms, its an inconsistent tick, im almost positive its a bearing or pulley going bad but im just not sure what component is even mounted there. Its mounted all the way on the top of the front. Im trying to find a diagram to better show you guys. Anyone else have this issue?

2004 745li 130,000 miles

csmeance
09-18-2012, 02:13 PM
maybe the CCV canister? I heard a ticking on my motor as well and the dealer replaced them (mine were the round canisters on the sides of the motor) and that solved it!

scottychee93
09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
I replaced the Crank Case Vent Valves on the sides of the motor if that is what you are referring to. They were caps, with springs inside them.

Mr.Class
10-15-2012, 01:03 PM
I replaced the Crank Case Vent Valves on the sides of the motor if that is what you are referring to. They were caps, with springs inside them.

If you don't mind me asking... How much did it cost? :dunno:

scottychee93
10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
If you don't mind me asking... How much did it cost? :dunno:

I replaced them my self, the parts at the dealer ran about $65 total for both! Its only about a 15 minute install! Im sure there is a DIY in the forum. All you really do is remove the three plastic covers on the top of the motor and the caps are exposed.