PDA

View Full Version : Another cd changer thread

iceman5
09-18-2012, 08:31 PM
My cd changer got stuck for the first time. All discs play and switch fine. Door is stuck in open position. Noticed a noise from cd changer when it's playing. If you make the volume low you can hear the disc spinning. Do you guys also hear the cd changer working or is mine dead? Probably going to buy a new cd changer as i keep 6 CDs full of mp3s and don't really have any music in my iphone. Based upon previous posts the iPod retrofit kit isn't something anyone raved about , the consensus seems its just ok. Don't want to lose cd-mp3 capability. Thanks guys

Nazab
12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I also hear a fan sound coming from the dashboard from the front passenger side for about 20 seconds after I turn off the car and even removing the key. Sounds like the CD player is still on. Got the door stuck open as well and the CD changer doesnt work anymore

alpinewhite745i
09-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Any solutions to this issue? I have the same problem with the cd changer door being stuck open. It will close for a second or so then back to staying open. I'll search the forum to see if this has been resolved from another post.

kphani
09-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Commonly suggested solutions are MOST bus reset, cleaning the CD changer fuse, shutting off the battery switch in the trunk ovrnight. I didn't have much luck with the above. Ordering a rebuilt one from this site: http://www.fastoem.com/products/6512-9143-440.html, figured it is better than getting one from ebay. If anybody is aware of a better source, please post. Thanks a bunch.

alpinewhite745i
09-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Commonly suggested solutions are MOST bus reset, cleaning the CD changer fuse, shutting off the battery switch in the trunk ovrnight. I didn't have much luck with the above. Ordering a rebuilt one from this site: http://www.fastoem.com/products/6512-9143-440.html, figured it is better than getting one from ebay. If anybody is aware of a better source, please post. Thanks a bunch.

Thank you for that. I'll check it out sometime this week.

whytry
11-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Can somebody list what fuse is the cd changer fuse? It's like mine just stopped working and is now grey on the Idrive menu now..... All I did was change eject magazine went inside made a new cd or 2, put magazine back in the next am went to work hoping for my new tunes and nothing. :(

Help

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app