PDA

View Full Version : NEW Member that Needs Advise

ang2fresh
09-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi Everyone, I am new to the site. I have a 06 750i. I am looking for any advise on upgrades to get added to my car. I am really interested in some good brake pads that can eliminate the brake dust in the front. Any other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

Suri [TBR]
09-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Here you go man. I just wrote this up for a new member last week.

As far as must-do mods go, it really depends on what look you're looking for. In my opinion, a few mods that look great but still keep the car classy are:

1) ACS Roof Spoiler (you can get a replica off of eBay that is perfectly fine and MUCH cheaper)
2) ACS Aluminum Pedals (also replicas from eBay)
3) If you want a little bit extra growl, you can replace the smaller muffler out of the two with a MagnaPack which is made by MagnaFlow and you can choose to keep the butterfly valve normal (opens under heavy acceleration so you only hear the growl when you are driving aggressively) or force the butterfly valve open (it is a better sound all of the time)
4) If you believe the wheels get dirty too fast, you can replace your brake pads with Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads which will give you very VERY little brake dust = clean wheels!
5) Umnitza License Plate LED's straight from Umnitza's website - these really update the look of the car.
6) A lot of people like to switch out the Angel Eyes to MTEC V3's which are 6000k rather than the stock yellowish (~3800k) look - and they are MUCH brighter.
7) With that being said, many people also switch out their headlight bulbs to 6000k and then get 6000k HID fogs as well!
8) If you have the Logic7 sound system, you're going to want to equalize it well. It takes a lot of trial and error but is best to just mess around with it so you can get the best sound for your liking. If you're having any trouble, PM me and I can send you a picture of my settings as guidance!
9) If you feel there is not enough bass, you can replace the 8" subwoofers under each seat with Earthquake subs OR if you're looking at doing a trunk setup, there are a lot of threads on here with different ways to go about it. However, I believe in order to do anything of that sort, you need to purchase "Technic's Harness". I have absolutely no idea what it is but I know it allows for you to run the Logic7 amp and an aftermarket amp at the same time - and it was made by a member on here!
10) A front license plate delete kit
11) When buying tires, a lot of people are very happy with the Continental DW's. I personally love the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but they are WAY too expensive

Other than that, many people lower their cars (either H&R or Eibach springs) and add 21's or 22's (Style 128's - the ones that I have - are a favorite around here)

I wish you the best of luck with the 7 man - she'll definitely keep you happy! By the way, how's the Range Rover?

ang2fresh
09-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I love my Range Rover. She is a beast!

ang2fresh
09-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Someone told me to get drilled and slotted, any suggestions on that?

Suri [TBR]
09-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Someone told me to get drilled and slotted, any suggestions on that?

I bought Zimmerman X-drill rotors and I love them. Stopping performance is as good as OEM with less fade under heavy breaking. Oh and, they look awesome :D

Suri [TBR]
09-19-2012, 08:02 PM
BUT that will not solve your dust problem. You'll need the Akebono pads for that.

pmpn8ez
09-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Akebono brake pads. You can drive with those brakes for a month without cleaning your wheels and it won't produce what OEM brakes produce in one day.

ang2fresh
09-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Is there any particular website you suggest to get them from? I was going to go with Amazon.

pmpn8ez
09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
fcpeuro.com

ang2fresh
09-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Perfect. Thank you

ang2fresh
10-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I tried to send you a PM, but was unsuccessful. Do you mind sending me your Logic System pictures, I want to change my sound a little.

;7084687']Here you go man. I just wrote this up for a new member last week.

As far as must-do mods go, it really depends on what look you're looking for. In my opinion, a few mods that look great but still keep the car classy are:

1) ACS Roof Spoiler (you can get a replica off of eBay that is perfectly fine and MUCH cheaper)
2) ACS Aluminum Pedals (also replicas from eBay)
3) If you want a little bit extra growl, you can replace the smaller muffler out of the two with a MagnaPack which is made by MagnaFlow and you can choose to keep the butterfly valve normal (opens under heavy acceleration so you only hear the growl when you are driving aggressively) or force the butterfly valve open (it is a better sound all of the time)
4) If you believe the wheels get dirty too fast, you can replace your brake pads with Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads which will give you very VERY little brake dust = clean wheels!
5) Umnitza License Plate LED's straight from Umnitza's website - these really update the look of the car.
6) A lot of people like to switch out the Angel Eyes to MTEC V3's which are 6000k rather than the stock yellowish (~3800k) look - and they are MUCH brighter.
7) With that being said, many people also switch out their headlight bulbs to 6000k and then get 6000k HID fogs as well!
8) If you have the Logic7 sound system, you're going to want to equalize it well. It takes a lot of trial and error but is best to just mess around with it so you can get the best sound for your liking. If you're having any trouble, PM me and I can send you a picture of my settings as guidance!
9) If you feel there is not enough bass, you can replace the 8" subwoofers under each seat with Earthquake subs OR if you're looking at doing a trunk setup, there are a lot of threads on here with different ways to go about it. However, I believe in order to do anything of that sort, you need to purchase "Technic's Harness". I have absolutely no idea what it is but I know it allows for you to run the Logic7 amp and an aftermarket amp at the same time - and it was made by a member on here!
10) A front license plate delete kit
11) When buying tires, a lot of people are very happy with the Continental DW's. I personally love the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but they are WAY too expensive

Other than that, many people lower their cars (either H&R or Eibach springs) and add 21's or 22's (Style 128's - the ones that I have - are a favorite around here)

I wish you the best of luck with the 7 man - she'll definitely keep you happy! By the way, how's the Range Rover?