PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on KW Coilovers

Chris05STi
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I am looking to get a set of KW coilovers but i have rear self leveling suspension. I dont mind losing my EDC and self leveling but my question is, will the rear even bolt up?

Also does anyone know the big difference between the V3 and the street comfort, I am thinking of going with the street comfort for a more comfortable ride.

Thanks,
Chris

samadkins29
09-20-2012, 12:57 PM
I was thinking of doing this as well. Im afraid I cant answer any of ur questions, but my main concern is, will the KW throw and error? Hopefully someone can give more insight into this.

mrbmwx5
09-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Once you get rid of rear self leveling suspension code and error will be throw at you.
The technican at dealer had to request the ZCS code from BMW North America.
The only person i know on internet is Killcrap can do this .PM him the last 7 of the VIN and he will generate the correct ZCS coding for you. It can be done in less than 5 min.

ModBargains III
09-20-2012, 02:13 PM
As per the part number through KW for your model, these will not retain your EDC, which is to be expected, but it will not work with vehicles with auto self leveling control. Sorry to burst your bubble on that. Where there any other options you were thinking of?

csmeance
09-20-2012, 03:13 PM
I am looking to get a set of KW coilovers but i have rear self leveling suspension. I dont mind losing my EDC and self leveling but my question is, will the rear even bolt up?

Also does anyone know the big difference between the V3 and the street comfort, I am thinking of going with the street comfort for a more comfortable ride.

Thanks,
Chris

you can use the INPA software to slam the rear of the car and put the coilovers on the front if you want.

Chris05STi
09-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I do have adjustable things to slam the rear. The only reason i want to switch out the suspension is because my front right strut is blown, and to replace the front 2 struts i got a quote for almost $3000, if i can do the coilovers for the same price i would prefer that.

On a side note does anyone know if there are any after market front struts available?

sanhonda22
09-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I do have adjustable things to slam the rear. The only reason i want to switch out the suspension is because my front right strut is blown, and to replace the front 2 struts i got a quote for almost $3000, if i can do the coilovers for the same price i would prefer that.

On a side note does anyone know if there are any after market front struts available?

I have a set of V3 for sale if interested. Message me or do a search for my thread over here.

Illist750i
09-21-2012, 07:01 PM
i got thos coilovers on my 750i and i have my car dropped really low it still rides pretty good i would think a 750li would ride better considering its got longer wheel base.i wouldnt worry about the ecd my computer says something about the ecd but it works fine and rides great and they should just bolt up it might take you a while to get them exactly tuned the way you want with the rebound and compression and ride hight tho..

sanhonda22
09-22-2012, 12:12 PM
i got thos coilovers on my 750i and i have my car dropped really low it still rides pretty good i would think a 750li would ride better considering its got longer wheel base.i wouldnt worry about the ecd my computer says something about the ecd but it works fine and rides great and they should just bolt up it might take you a while to get them exactly tuned the way you want with the rebound and compression and ride hight tho..

If you have EDC, these KW coilovers will not work with EDC. You will have to disable the EDC.

Post pics of you car.

Illist750i
09-29-2012, 12:34 AM
I posted my pics of my car finally

quarterto8
09-29-2012, 06:16 AM
I posted my pics of my car finally

Where??

blue22flames00
09-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Where??

+1 where??

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Bimmer App

First_745Li
09-29-2012, 01:32 PM
He's got pictures in his album, check his profile.

CLOWNIN745LI
09-30-2012, 11:02 AM
You would have a ERROR for Self leveling and Electronic damper control, I know how to get rid of the self leveling error, as for the EDC I am not sure. For the self leveling you would have to get a coupler that would cap off the stock air lines that goes to the compressor, so it would hold the air and it would not trigger the Self leveling error on the dash. It was very annoying to see it come on. I had to do this on mines. Hope this helps