PDA

View Full Version : Still discovering

Makbeam
09-20-2012, 12:15 PM
I have done about 500 miles on a new 528xi. Great experience.....and it takes time to learn all there is to learn about my first Bimmer and all its gizmos.
The first time I had to take it out in a rain, it developed wiper marks on the wind shield, I haven't cleaned it yet for fear I'll discover a permanently scratched windshield.
Also I did not opt to get the Simoniz 690 dollar wax treatment at the time of delivery, so I dont know now how to go about getting its first wash and wax done. Shall I get the BMW "BMW High Performance Hard Wax with Nano-Technology 16.91 fl. oz." for 33 dollars or the cheaper "BMW Original BMW Express Wax 16.91 fl. oz" for 10 dollars. Or any high quality commercial wax product? And can I trust car wash guys apply this...properly?
All these are questions I would greatly appreciate answers from forum members who have been through similar "teething" experiences.

AndrewZ
09-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Welcome. Moved your thread to the Detail forum and hopefully someone can help you out.

crazy4trains
09-21-2012, 05:19 AM
I'm a fan of Zaino. Works very well on new paint. Google is your friend.

jfs356
09-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Check out the detailing forum for the most info. And checkout Collinite wax, my favorite by far, though hard to find in most retail auto stores.

tom@3dproducts
09-21-2012, 12:56 PM
I have done about 500 miles on a new 528xi. Great experience.....and it takes time to learn all there is to learn about my first Bimmer and all its gizmos.
The first time I had to take it out in a rain, it developed wiper marks on the wind shield, I haven't cleaned it yet for fear I'll discover a permanently scratched windshield.
Also I did not opt to get the Simoniz 690 dollar wax treatment at the time of delivery, so I dont know now how to go about getting its first wash and wax done. Shall I get the BMW "BMW High Performance Hard Wax with Nano-Technology 16.91 fl. oz." for 33 dollars or the cheaper "BMW Original BMW Express Wax 16.91 fl. oz" for 10 dollars. Or any high quality commercial wax product? And can I trust car wash guys apply this...properly?
All these are questions I would greatly appreciate answers from forum members who have been through similar "teething" experiences.

I'll be happy to help you instead of just throwing products at you

FIRST!

What color is the car?

Makbeam
09-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Thank you. The color is Alpine White.