PDA

View Full Version : Award Redemptions - What Bugs You the Most?

JSpira
09-25-2012, 07:38 AM
We're doing a poll on Frequent Flyer program Award Redemptions.

Accumulating miles is relatively easy but some find it hard to book the trips they want.

Take the poll (http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com/2012/09/what-are-your-top-frequent-flyer-award-redemption-pet-peeves/)and help us see what the biggest issues are - and tell us more detail about your experiences in this thread.

X3 Skier
09-27-2012, 01:55 PM
It takes more work than it used to but every year for the last 10+ years, I have gotten round trip Biz Tix to London in Oct for either my wife and I or just myself at low miles on Delta and others. Another Biz Class on USAir trip was to Munich was for my ED back in 2004. :thumbup:

Bottom line, I can get to where I want when I want in Europe for low miles Biz Class either directly or by flying into a city and taking the train / LCC to the final destination. I may have to stay an extra day or two than i would prefer sometimes like this next trip to London but that's not really a sacrifice. :D

I have also been successful in using miles for upgrades when I wanted. But that's a pretty rare occasion since its a better value doing the Trans Atlantic trips.

Still have around 1000000+ miles left to spend in various accounts, DL, AA, AMEX. Shoud last me until I stop traveling for whatever's the reason.

Cheers

FastMarkA
09-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I hate when I find the long haul segment in my class of choice, but the short connection segment doesn't have availability, even in economy.

For example, I find space in First Class on BOS-LHR, but ORD-BOS has no award space.

Gluhwein
10-06-2012, 08:26 AM
I hate that the proliferation of frequent flyer programs spelled the end of space available travel for airline employees. I had to make a career change back in the 90s that I still regret.

1STBimmer
10-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I like AA fairly straightforward award redemption levels, was able to book the flight/class I wanted, however I was VERY surprised with the BA taxes ($700 taxes in BA vs $150 in AA, flying from LHR), I like it better than DL. For some reason every time I want to fly on my DL miles I have only availability on the high fare level (even trying to book 2/3 months in advance).

I like DL better as an airline (I'm DM with them), and their BusinessElite product is far superior than AA's business but unfortunately AA flies to the places I need to go overseas.