PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Screen went blank

Shastagrl
09-25-2012, 12:18 PM
What can i test myself prior to taking it into the dealership to see if i can fix this problem. the CD is still playing just can't seen anything on the screen. Is there a fuse and if so where is it located?

KingSilverback
09-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Has nothing to do with fuses, if you go to the navigation screen and it says error loading/reading navigation dvd, either your dvd is scratched, your dvd drive is over heating or the laser reader isn't working. Take the disc out, clean it or try a different map disk and see if it works. Mine kept doing this when summer came around, now that it's cooling down its loading just fine :/

PAPER
09-25-2012, 02:21 PM
When you say the cd is still playing , are
you talking about the cd in the Navigation
unit in the trunk , cd in the Ask unit ,
or cd in the cd changer ???

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

KingSilverback
09-25-2012, 04:54 PM
She means she can still hear the dvd spinning in the trunk like its loading, mine was doing the same thing

wayne86
09-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Only throwing this out there......I know if you hold the Idrive knob down it will shut off the screen.

Shastagrl
09-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Thank you everyone. I read someone's post and directed me to where the fuses are located and I pulled out the ones that refrenced control panel and plugged them back in. When I started my car up the navigation screen returned. I had also just replaced the battery so I dont know if that had anything to do with it but it is all fixed now. Yeah!