PDA

View Full Version : Coding

second 7
09-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Hey I'm in the Richmond Virginia area. Any body want / can link up with me to so some coding for me ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

***CCCP***
09-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Do u have obd to usb cable? I can do it remotely

First_745Li
10-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Do u have obd to usb cable? I can do it remotely

CCCP,
I bought the software and cables..installed the software and thought I was ready to take a shot at coding.... I stopped when this didn't seem right... Although the plug looked like it may fit, what am I missing? The plug doesn't look like it's the right one... or is it?

BimmerBrad7
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
I just bought this one. i was told this is correct cable for our cars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110953205588?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

At CCCP, I might be interested in you helping me remotely. How do you do it would you take control of my computer or?

First_745Li
10-01-2012, 09:11 AM
I just bought this one. i was told this is correct cable for our cars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110953205588?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

At CCCP, I might be interested in you helping me remotely. How do you do it would you take control of my computer or?

Looks like the one I have. Just looked weird when you look at the picture that I took of the port on the car.

sirstopher
10-01-2012, 11:48 AM
The photo of the port on your car, thats a "CAP or PLUG", you need to remove it, (Pull it out) then you will see the port.

You may already know this

First_745Li
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
The photo of the port on your car, thats a "CAP or PLUG", you need to remove it, (Pull it out) then you will see the port.

You may already know this

Ahh ok I need to pull that out...I didn't know that..First time even attempting this. Thanks Sir!

First_745Li
10-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Ok, so I finally gave this a whirl... I successfully coded the auto lock feature (at drive off). Yay me! I'll try some other ones over the weekend.

sirstopher
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Did you use NCS expert

sirstopher
10-03-2012, 07:49 PM
+1 for the successful coding

First_745Li
10-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Did you use NCS expert

Yes, it was NCS Expert and thanks!

First_745Li
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I did the following coding tonight..after the auto lock feature..

CAS
VER_AUT_X_MIN_SENDER_1 - Auto lock after 2min if door not open
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB - Comfort closing with remote - windows, sunroof, or convertible

HKL
FUNKTION_TOEHKI - Close trunk with switch on dash
KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN_HKL - Close truck with fob by holding the lock button (5-8secs)

WIM
STANDRUECKSCHALTUNG - Wipers return to interval when car is stopped

I'm looking for help with the following, help appreciated

1. Welcome lights - when I hit the unlock button on the fob the park light and angel eyes illuminate for a couple if minutes.
2. Engine Oil level - OELSTAND - which module would this be located?
3. Disable Legal Disclaimer - I found a lot of posts regssrding this... but I couldn't find the one place (module) to edit

Also, for the Sunroof module (SHD) - I got an error, missing file... blah blah - I should have taken a screenshot... I'll run it again another day and get the error.

First_745Li
10-09-2012, 06:23 PM
For the welcome lights or Follow me home lighting..

HEIMLEUCHTEN_NSW >FOLLOW-ME-HOME LIGHTS - FOG LIGHTS - FRONT
HEIMLEUCHTEN_SL >FOLLOW-ME-HOME LIGHTS - PARKING LIGHTS
HEIMLEUCHTEN_RL >FOLLOW-ME-HOME LIGHTS - TAIL LIGHTS

I dont know what I'm doing wrong, when I try to read the ECU (under the expertmode profile) LMA I get the following error
I believe it was the same error for the sunroof Module (SHD).

BimmerBrad7
10-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Damn!...I cant even get my software to install properly on my comp. My cable came with 3 disks, not sure if I should be using someone else.

First_745Li
10-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Damn!...I cant even get my software to install properly on my comp. My cable came with 3 disks, not sure if I should be using someone else.

Not sure if you got any directions for installing the software. I also attached the coding list I have been referring to.

First_745Li
10-11-2012, 06:23 AM
[quote=First_745Li;7123875]For the Follow me home lighting..

After I updated the DATEN files I was able to read the ECU but couldnt find the above entries for Follow Me home lights

SHD
REGENSCHLIESSEN >CLOSE SUNROOF WITH AUTOMATIC RAIN SENSOR (RL) WIPER OPERATION

REGENSCHLIESSENTILT >CLOSE TILTED SUNROOF WITH AUTOMATIC RAIN SENSOR (RL) WIPER OPERATION

When reading the ECU for the SHD module I get the following error even after the updated DATEN files for the E65. These are the last two codes I would like to have, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Btw, I posted for help on bmwcoding.com and in no time I got private messages to help, at a cost of $100. I don't know that I want these enable that badly. I'd rather purchase another accessory instead. :D

First_745Li
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM
[quote=First_745Li;7123875]For the Follow me home lighting..

After I updated the DATEN files I was able to read the ECU but couldnt find the above entries for Follow Me home lights

SHD
REGENSCHLIESSEN >CLOSE SUNROOF WITH AUTOMATIC RAIN SENSOR (RL) WIPER OPERATION

REGENSCHLIESSENTILT >CLOSE TILTED SUNROOF WITH AUTOMATIC RAIN SENSOR (RL) WIPER OPERATION

When reading the ECU for the SHD module I get the following error even after the updated DATEN files for the E65. These are the last two codes I would like to have, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Btw, I posted for help on bmwcoding.com and in no time I got private messages to help, at a cost of $100. I don't know that I want these enable that badly. I'd rather purchase another accessory instead. :D

Anyone? :(

***CCCP***
10-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I dont think its possible to code follow me home lights for preface lift im not 100% sure. I never wanted that option but i was reading something like that

First_745Li
10-11-2012, 07:01 PM
I dont think its possible to code follow me home lights for preface lift im not 100% sure. I never wanted that option but i was reading something like that

oh Bummer :(
How can we confirm this? What about the Sunroof options?

jiceoo
10-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Not sure if you got any directions for installing the software. I also attached the coding list I have been referring to.

what operating system are you running?

stuartjohn24
10-12-2012, 04:15 PM
oh Bummer :(
How can we confirm this? What about the Sunroof options?

Yep, afraid so, if you have a pre-facelift welcome lights are not codeable.

I have replaced my original light module with an LM2 from a facelift LCI E60, I now have welcome lights and activated lights on via key fob.

You can pick an LM2 up for around 90-150 here in the UK.

Stuart

First_745Li
10-12-2012, 04:16 PM
what operating system are you running?

Windows 7 Professional

stuartjohn24
10-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I did the following coding tonight..after the auto lock feature..

CAS
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB - Comfort closing with remote - windows, sunroof, or convertible

HKL
KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN_HKL - Close truck with fob by holding the lock button (5-8secs)

WIM

I'm looking for help with the following, help appreciated

1. Welcome lights - when I hit the unlock button on the fob the park light and angel eyes illuminate for a couple if minutes.
2. Engine Oil level - OELSTAND - which module would this be located?
3. Disable Legal Disclaimer - I found a lot of posts regssrding this... but I couldn't find the one place (module) to edit

Also, for the Sunroof module (SHD) - I got an error, missing file... blah blah - I should have taken a screenshot... I'll run it again another day and get the error.

Legal disclaimer coding is in the MMI, oil level is also in the MMI, although with a pre-facelift the oil level data is not broadcast on the K-CAN so it will continually say 'updating' there is a way around it but its not simple coding!

Stuart

First_745Li
10-12-2012, 04:19 PM

I have replaced my original light module with an LM2 from a facelift LCI E60, I now have welcome lights and activated lights on via key fob.

Stuart

Maybe at later time I'll replace the light module.
Is it the same for the Sunroof options I want to code?
Thank you for the confirmation.

stuartjohn24
10-12-2012, 04:23 PM
No worries, I'm afraid I don't have a sunroof so I don't know. Good luck with the rest of your coding though!

Stuart

First_745Li
10-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Legal disclaimer coding is in the MMI, oil level is also in the MMI, although with a pre-facelift the oil level data is not broadcast on the K-CAN so it will continually say 'updating' there is a way around it but its not simple coding!

Stuart

I would like to see both of these work, I'll look at the MMI again for removing the disclaimer. How involved is getting the oil level to work?
Thanks!

First_745Li
10-12-2012, 04:25 PM
No worries, I'm afraid I don't have a sunroof so I don't know. Good luck with the rest of your coding though!

Stuart

Thanks. I'll look for the legal disclaimer in the MMI tomorrow.

First_745Li
10-13-2012, 10:06 AM

Stuart
Hey Stuart,
I found the MMIGT module, anything close to MMI module. When I try to read the ECU (expertmode) I get the following error.

LuvThis7
10-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Going to try this asap.

stuartjohn24
10-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Hey Stuart,
I found the MMIGT module, anything close to MMI module. When I try to read the ECU (expertmode) I get the following error.

Hi, can you post the contents of the error file in the NCS directory? That usually gives more info. I don't know the exact code to remove the legal disclaimer, I'm in the UK and we don't have that, a lot of the warning messages in the kombi for seat belts, key in ignition aren't used in the UK either.

Stuart

First_745Li
10-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Windows 7 Prof

First_745Li
10-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi, can you post the contents of the error file in the NCS directory? That usually gives more info. I don't know the exact code to remove the legal disclaimer, I'm in the UK and we don't have that, a lot of the warning messages in the kombi for seat belts, key in ignition aren't used in the UK either.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,
Are you referring to this error in the C:\NCSEXPER\BIN directory?:dunno:

rippjd
10-18-2012, 05:01 AM

Stuart

Stuartjohn24, any negative that you can see of going to a LM2 on the E65/E66?
How did you determine what parameters to use for each keyword? NCSDummy doesn't show any E65 settings...

stuartjohn24
10-18-2012, 06:17 AM
Stuartjohn24, any negative that you can see of going to a LM2 on the E65/E66?
How did you determine what parameters to use for each keyword? NCSDummy doesn't show any E65 settings...

There are no negative side affects, the LM2 was used in the later E65/66's anyway.

If your car was produced before march 2003 then a minor wire change is needed, it's just swapping a pin in the connector to the light module.

Keyword parameters? Are you referring to the coding values? That's correct the LM2 does not have any coding values for chassis type, when I first fitted it the lights didn't work properly because it still thought it was in an E60!

I re-flashed the LM2 using winKFP (I'm not sure this was actually necessary, at the time I thought there must be chassis specific software installed as there were no coding parameters) this was successful and allowed me to ensure the VIN number had taken.

You then need to copy the vehicle order from the CAS and write it to the new light module, then code the light module using the expert profile, this automatically configures the light module based on your vehicle order, like if you have xenons etc....

Do not use the cowboy method of deleting the contents of a .MAN file and writing it using a coding manipulation profile, your asking for trouble. There is a correct method for doing automatic self-coding, there are loads of PWM values for the LED brightness that are coded automatically too.

You then read the trace file and edit it a you wish once you have it all working and activate the welcome lights, home lights etc.... And remove the bulb checks so you can install LED indicators etc....

Very worth while upgrade in my opinion!

Stuart

rippjd
10-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the info and mini-guide for coding changes! Somehow I overlooked the LM2 modules listed for E65. I will be doing this upgrade. For others reading this thread, see attachment for valid coding indexes.

stuartjohn24
10-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info and mini-guide for coding changes! Somehow I overlooked the LM2 modules listed for E65. I will be doing this upgrade. For others reading this thread, see attachment for valid coding indexes.

No worries! Once you have it coded and working you can just play around with the settings.

Interestingly NCS expects to see an LMA when you go to read/code it, but then automatically changes to the LM2, it does not do this for the MMI, if you fit a facelift one for example. So you don't have to dummy change your production year in NCS to code it.

Stuart

cn555ic
10-21-2012, 08:12 PM
You know you guys can also code VIM (video in motion) in which you can play dvd movies in the front navi screen! I just coded a couple of 7s for this..A 2007 and a 2008.

First_745Li
10-21-2012, 08:29 PM
You know you guys can also code VIM (video in motion) in which you can play dvd movies in the front navi screen! I just coded a couple of 7s for this..A 2007 and a 2008.

I an '03, do you think it's possible or is this for facelift models only?

cn555ic
10-21-2012, 08:37 PM
I an '03, do you think it's possible or is this for facelift models only?

Hmm. What module is your MMI? Do you have a rear entertainment center? I asked this question on the other forums And I did not get Any answers of what model year this can work from. I know 2007 and 2008 works. I can try this for your car if you want. I can send the modules scripts that I edited in the SPdaten for the E65. You want to try?

First_745Li
10-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Hmm. What module is your MMI? Do you have a rear entertainment center? I asked this question on the other forums And I did not get Any answers of what model year this can work from. I know 2007 and 2008 works. I can try this for your car if you want. I can send the modules scripts that I edited in the SPdaten for the E65. You want to try?

Where would I find what module is my MMI? No, rear ent installed. Sure, we can try..if anything tomorrow after work..?

First_745Li
10-21-2012, 08:45 PM

The closest thing to MMI in my list of modules is the MMIGT :dunno:

cn555ic
10-21-2012, 08:48 PM
The closest thing to MMI in my list of modules is the MMIGT :dunno:

That's its. I know it's the mmigt module but in the daten files it is listed as MMI!!

Text me 917-939-4980

cn555ic
10-21-2012, 09:14 PM
well see if this works tomorrow by 800pm...Keep you guys posted of our endeavors! lol

sirstopher
10-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Q: are you charging for coding services on this site?

cn555ic
10-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Q: are you charging for coding services on this site?

No I am helping Fez try to get VIM working for his car! I just sent him the files!

sirstopher
10-21-2012, 09:21 PM
I thought so, just asking :)... Always glad to have another coding expert on the site.

sirstopher
10-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Do you do any remote coding

cn555ic
10-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Do you do any remote coding

Yes I can but you have to have the cable and the programs working on your laptop...If you dont have the programs, I do offer services to configure the laptop for people which takes about an hour or so, but I dont like doing because its a PITA to configure it.

sirstopher
10-21-2012, 09:28 PM
What programs?

cn555ic
10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
What programs?

INPA, NCSexpert is all that you would need...Plus the Dcan cable and a laptop running Windows 7 preferably 32bits...

We are going to try Video in Motion on First 745 LI tomorrow....I got it to work on a 2007 and 2008...I just read it works for 2003-2008 so we will see tomorrow....Video in motion for this application does not require any added modules or adapters to make it work...Its simple coding and edited Spdaten files which a Coding block had to be added to MMI module scripts to make it functional..

sirstopher
10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
I will just send a pm, sorry for the hijack

cn555ic
10-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Coding the VIM( video in motion) for the late model 7 series E65, E66, is much more difficult compared to the newer 3 series...E65 requires the coding blocks to be altered...Not simple coding. It pretty awesome for sure...

LuvThis7
10-22-2012, 06:38 AM
I used dashsoft. But coding video in motion was really simple. And i have never coded anything before. I coded VIM and TV on front mmi screen. Also coded aux. Im trying to figure. How to code windows up via the keyfob. Not really familiar wit ncs expert

cn555ic
10-22-2012, 06:58 AM
I used dashsoft. But coding video in motion was really simple. And i have never coded anything before. I coded VIM and TV on front mmi screen. Also coded aux. Im trying to figure. How to code windows up via the keyfob. Not really familiar wit ncs expert

Hmm its complete opposite with NCSexpert...Coding VIM is hard but coding the other stuff is really easy! lol Where can I obtain a copy of this Dash Soft program? Also will the regular dcan cable work with it? So with Dash soft what other features beside VIM can be used to code with it?

LuvThis7
10-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Here you go Ayman

This is the same link i used
http://www.ecutool.com/BMW-DASH-Inte...J8zsWgQPCCBA#6

Click on software,
Download 2.1
its a rar. file
i had to download winrar(download.com its free) for it to install.
This is the one with MMi on it.

Like i said i coded mine this weekend. I added tv aux and dvd in motion. All on the front MMI.

No one would tell me that it comes with 2.0 but you ll need 2.1 to do the coding ACEFX does.
Once i figure that part out and downloaded the winrar. I hooked it to the car and everything registered just fine.
You can do its actually pretty easy.
I ll add some pics a lil later

Now i want to see if there is anyway to find the bluetooth pk number with dashsoft.

Here a copy of the post.

LuvThis7
10-22-2012, 07:21 AM
I dont no wat all could be coded with dashsoft. For the most part i no front mmi screen can be set to show almost anything. Ipod menu dvd. Tv aux oil level. And a few other thing. Sorry had to find the old post. I dont no wat obd can be used. I use the 4in1 obd.

LuvThis7
10-22-2012, 07:24 AM
For those of you that use ncs expert. Can u find the blutooth pin with ncs expert

cn555ic
10-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Here you go Ayman

This is the same link i used

Click on software,
Download 2.1
its a rar. file
i had to download winrar(download.com its free) for it to install.
This is the one with MMi on it.

Like i said i coded mine this weekend. I added tv aux and dvd in motion. All on the front MMI.

No one would tell me that it comes with 2.0 but you ll need 2.1 to do the coding ACEFX does.
Once i figure that part out and downloaded the winrar. I hooked it to the car and everything registered just fine.
You can do its actually pretty easy.
I ll add some pics a lil later

Now i want to see if there is anyway to find the bluetooth pk number with dashsoft.

Here a copy of the post.

its in chinese the link...Have no idea how to read it...So you guys dont know what type of cable it uses?

LuvThis7
10-22-2012, 07:38 AM
Dont no whats wrong with that link. Here u go
http://www.ecusells.com/goods.php?id=2292http://www.ecusells.com/goods.php?id=2292

cn555ic
10-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks but it looks as though I would have to purchase a new cable...I will stick with NCSexpert as I can code everything with it anyways! Thanks for the link though.

LuvThis7
10-22-2012, 07:45 AM
I understand. Trust me. Can u find the blutooth pin on ncs expert

cn555ic
10-22-2012, 07:47 AM
I think its either pin 7 or 8 on the obd connection side....

cn555ic
10-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Okay guys tried with First 745LI to get Video in motion working and it did not work...Came to the conclusion that a DVD/CD changer is needed in the drivers rear trunk compartment for this to work...The two cars that I coded for VIM both had this DVD changer in the rear....At least he got a fully functional NCSExpert in which he can code VIM for anyone thats in the Florida region! The missing link from where I got the info to do the VIM was missing many variables, one of which was that it was mandatory to have a DVD/CD changer in the rear drivers side trunk...

First_745Li
10-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Okay guys tried with First 745LI to get Video in motion working and it did not work...Came to the conclusion that a DVD/CD changer is needed in the drivers rear trunk compartment for this to work...The two cars that I coded for VIM both had this DVD changer in the rear....At least he got a fully functional NCSExpert in which he can code VIM for anyone thats in the Florida region! The missing link from where I got the info to do the VIM was missing many variables, one of which was that it was mandatory to have a DVD/CD changer in the rear drivers side trunk...

Thank you for trying to code this, and appreciate you getting my NCSexpert updated with the correct files. :thumbup:

***CCCP***
10-23-2012, 01:35 AM

In order to have video in motion u need to have RES. u woulndnt have dvd 6 disc charger in the trunk if u dont have screen between ur front seats

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 09:27 AM
So you can have RES and not have the DVD changer? So basically the RES is a single DVD player but some people purchase the DVD changer in the rear as an added option? Am I correct. I am bit confused. If u have RES then you have to have the screen between the seats?? Right. There is one guy who claimed he got VIM to work on his 2002 -E65 using the navigation player in which he put his DVD in and it worked. I find that hard to believe though.

***CCCP***
10-23-2012, 09:50 AM
So you can have RES and not have the DVD changer? So basically the RES is a single DVD player but some people purchase the DVD changer in the rear as an added option? Am I correct. I am bit confused. If u have RES then you have to have the screen between the seats?? Right. There is one guy who claimed he got VIM to work on his 2002 -E65 using the navigation player in which he put his DVD in and it worked. I find that hard to believe though.

If u have screen between seats u must have 6 dvd disc charger in the trunk. And other way around. Plus u have an idrive knob in ur armrest in the rear.
Im not sure bout VIM through NAV DVD ive never came across somebody doing that. I dont want to say its possible or not possible. But i bet if it was done ppl would talk about it everywhere

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Lol then this guy is a tool

As quoted
"i dont have a rear entertainment unit. i dont even have a cd changer! i do have dvd navigation though. the trick is to insert the coding blocks in the correct order. read the mmigt and look for the tv video function that you just inserted and disable that. i had problems reading the mmigt after inserting the code blocks cz i was putting them in the wrong place. a member here helped me out with that and it worked right away. i just disabled the tv-abschtung function (set it to nicht_activ) and ur done. i can provide u with a video if you want."

Little does he realize that most of all navigation player says DVD on it doesn't mean it can play a movie dvd

***CCCP***
10-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Lol then this guy is a tool

As quoted
"i dont have a rear entertainment unit. i dont even have a cd changer! i do have dvd navigation though. the trick is to insert the coding blocks in the correct order. read the mmigt and look for the tv video function that you just inserted and disable that. i had problems reading the mmigt after inserting the code blocks cz i was putting them in the wrong place. a member here helped me out with that and it worked right away. i just disabled the tv-abschtung function (set it to nicht_activ) and ur done. i can provide u with a video if you want."

Little does he realize that most of all navigation player says DVD on it doesn't mean it can play a movie dvd

Interesting. Like i said i dont know much about it so i dont want to say anything to support the idea or go against it. So that means he cant have navigation anymore?
What navi it is in his car 02 or 03? I really want to see that video where it works. I dont really care much i have RES so my VIM works perfect. Just out of curiosity. I know that u can integrate ur iphone to mmi and it will play movies/music etc.

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 11:39 AM
There was no such mention of integration. He said he he did what I normally coded for a car with RES and I got VIM to work. This Person is stating that he got his to work doing the same codin I did and he stuck a DVD movie into nav player and it worked. I did this to a members car First 745LI and it couldn't read the movie DVD in the nav player. It just doesn't work but this guy is saying otherwise which I also want to see a video of this. The guy had no cd changer no RES yet he can play a DVD movie on his navi screen!! Cmon

stuartjohn24
10-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I understand. Trust me. Can u find the blutooth pin on ncs expert

Bluetooth pass key? Tool32 will allow you to read the pass key, NCS is for coding.

I doubt dashsoft will allow you to read the pass key. It really depends on what memory locations it reads.

You can edit the Bluetooth ID so you can use your name or something instead of the standard VIN etc... And what emergency number the car calls in an accident. This is all done in Tool32.

It's much easier just to pull the boot trim and read the BT PK off the TCU! You would have it by now!

Stuart

stuartjohn24
10-23-2012, 12:01 PM
There was no such mention of integration. He said he he did what I normally coded for a car with RES and I got VIM to work. This Person is stating that he got his to work doing the same codin I did and he stuck a DVD movie into nav player and it worked. I did this to a members car First 745LI and it couldn't read the movie DVD in the nav player. It just doesn't work but this guy is saying otherwise which I also want to see a video of this. The guy had no cd changer no RES yet he can play a DVD movie on his navi screen!! Cmon

???

Where did he say he put a DVD in the NAV drive?

What he was explaining was the process to enable VIM using the method shown on BMWcoders.

You DO NOT need rear entertainment or DVD multichanger in the boot for VIM to work!

I have coded this to my pre facelift and facelift MMI's I have the hybrid video module only and no DVD or RES.

You must have made a mistake with the coding or editing of the files.

Stuart

SuperSnoop
10-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I think we're assuming that the video source is the MMC unit (rear entertainment DVD changer). There are other sources that aren't available in the USA.

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 12:39 PM
???

Where did he say he put a DVD in the NAV drive?

What he was explaining was the process to enable VIM using the method shown on BMWcoders.

You DO NOT need rear entertainment or DVD multichanger in the boot for VIM to work!

I have coded this to my pre facelift and facelift MMI's I have the hybrid video module only and no DVD or RES.

You must have made a mistake with the coding or editing of the files.

Stuart

No mistake on my coding. Then it's indeed a Euro model spec I suppose.

Here is what I am referencing to. Look at post 63

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread.php?2269-DIY-E65-Video-In-Motion/page7

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 12:44 PM
I think we're assuming that the video source is the MMC unit (rear entertainment DVD changer). There are other sources that aren't available in the USA.

He clearly stated he inserted the DVD into his DVD navigation slot. Maybe you are correct in saying the navi player might be different than US models but I still don't think so. The module he speaks of is the MMI and not the MMC

stuartjohn24
10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Surely you have TV option in the USA? Your saying even with the TV option you can't code video in motion?

Trying to code video in motion with no actual video source..... That would be rather pointless.

stuartjohn24
10-23-2012, 12:51 PM
He clearly stated he inserted the DVD into his DVD navigation slot. Maybe you are correct in saying the navi player might be different than US models but I still don't think so. The module he speaks of is the MMI and not the MMC

All he comfirmed was that he does not have a DVD changer or CD changer but he does have a DVD navigation system.

He didn't say he put a DVD in the NAV drive, (unless I missed it!) he just said he has coded video in motion, which means he must have a video/TV module.

Which is the same as me, I have a digital video module which is now enabled to work while I'm driving. I don't have a DVD changer. (But I do have a DVD NAV! Lol)

Stuart

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Surely you have TV option in the USA? Your saying even with the TV option you can't code video in motion?

Trying to code video in motion with no actual video source..... That would be rather pointless.

Well there might be some confusion then as I don't know the location of the person who posted. Correct there needs to be a source to play the DVD and he stated he used the navi player And it worked. I tried on two cars with no RES and put DVD into navi player And nothing. In fAct it wouldn't even read it as a readable source. US models don't have DVD navi in which it can read and play DVD movies. Maybe there needs to be module installed, I don't know. Need to find out where he lives to confirm its a Euro spec vehicle

If it was my coding that was the problem, I wouldn't have been Able to code 2 cars that had RES and allow video to show in the front Navi screen, so that confirms my files are correct

stuartjohn24
10-23-2012, 01:01 PM
I think you have just misunderstood what he was saying, there is no way on earth that the NAV drive will play a DVD video disc, that's not what it's intended for.

I bet he has just the video module like myself.

This is mine, fitted it yesterday!

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/stuartjohn24/7175C0CC-4206-410A-830C-17602B5633D0-966-000000EC15FEBF04.jpg

Have you been trying to code a car with no DVD or video module to play DVDs from the NAV drive?

All this coding does is removes the warning message on the MMI when you engage drive or reverse.

Basically saves you the hassle of installing that cheap Chinese crap to the MMI CAN bus interface to alter the CAN messages. And is free of course!

Stuart

SuperSnoop
10-23-2012, 01:01 PM
He said he has DVD navigation, but never said he put a disc in and played it. I think that was just extraneous information.

And, no, there is no TV option in the USA. The digital broadcast signal is different and no module is available to support it in a car.

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I think you have just misunderstood what he was saying, there is no way on earth that the NAV drive will play a DVD video disc, that's not what it's intended for.

I bet he has just the video module like myself.

Have you been trying to code a car with no DVD or video module to play DVDs from the NAV drive?

All this coding does is removes the warning message on the MMI when you engage drive or reverse.

Basically saves you the hassle of installing that cheap Chinese crap to the MMI CAN bus interface to alter the CAN messages. And is free of course!

Stuart

Stuart. There probably is some misunderstanding for sure, but its clear there needs to be a video module added to car for this to happen and the US spec cars do not come with it.

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 01:09 PM
He said he has DVD navigation, but never said he put a disc in and played it. I think that was just extraneous information.

And, no, there is no TV option in the USA. The digital broadcast signal is different and no module is available to support it in a car.

Thank you. Got my answer so I can put this to sleep! Lol

Sucks that US based cars doesn't come with this feature.

stuartjohn24
10-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Stuart. There probably is some misunderstanding for sure, but its clear there needs to be a video module added to car for this to happen and the US spec cars do not come with it.

That's right, I didn't realise the US spec models didn't have TV, I recall someone saying you could get analogue at some point? We have loads of analogue tuners over here in the UK, they are 100% useless now as the transmitters have been switched off.

Hence why I got the hybrid module, they are scarce and expensive!

How does the DVD video interface connect to the MMI? I'm sure it has to route through the video module?

With no rear entertainment it's a CVBS signal to the video module, then switched to the NAV, with rear entertainment it's CVBS to the video module then RGB to the MMI, also NAV now outputs CVBS signal to video module instead of RGB to MMI.

Anyway, glad we got that cleared up!

SuperSnoop
10-23-2012, 01:29 PM
You can code TV_VIDEO_ABSCHALTUNG from aktiv to nicht_aktiv to enable video on the front screen while parked. I'd test that before bothering to disassemble and edit the module code for video-in-motion.

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Already tried that. US based models do not work

***CCCP***
10-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Already tried that. US based models do not work

Do u have RES?

cn555ic
10-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Do u have RES?

No he does not, hence this is what this discussion was all about...I was able to code in Video in Motion with cars that have RES...I was mistakenly told that it would work without RES so I tried to code a car yesterday without RES.. It doesnt work and was told it can but now we realize the person that told me had Euro specs and not US specs which does not have video module.:bawling:

***CCCP***
10-23-2012, 05:56 PM
No he does not, hence this is what this discussion was all about...I was able to code in Video in Motion with cars that have RES...I was mistakenly told that it would work without RES so I tried to code a car yesterday without RES.. It doesnt work and was told it can but now we realize the person that told me had Euro specs and not US specs which does not have video module.:bawling:

Ok got it

rippjd
11-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Based on my research, 2002 - 2005 North American spec E65/E66 with RES were built with an analog TV tuner built into the video module. Hence the owners manuals list TV as a source for the rear seat passengers. For 2006 - 2008 the TV tuner was removed and RES cars were built with a video switch.
I do not have RES, but I retrofitted a Euro analog TV tuner / video module and can watch video in motion... though it's mostly static as analog signals are rare in NA.
Later I added the DVD changer and now video in motion has more purpose.

styles83
11-22-2012, 11:38 AM
cn555ic hello my name is angel on the advice of shawnsheridan I decided to contact you for help how to install upward upward pc (Exx) coding I've also downloaded the latest version of sp daten. can you give me directions ... thanks :)

bluecrab
12-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Where did you grab the latest daten files? I'd like to code some stuff on my E90 LCI but all of my files are dated 2010 (my car is a 2011).

07jace750li
01-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Yes I can but you have to have the cable and the programs working on your laptop...If you dont have the programs, I do offer services to configure the laptop for people which takes about an hour or so, but I dont like doing because its a PITA to configure it.

I'm interested on your service to configure my laptop I'm in NYC area thank you and let me know if your around NYC!

First_745Li
08-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Hey guys,
BimmerBrad and I met up today to do some coding and hang out a bit...It's been a while since I've done some coding and maybe I'm missing something, but everything I tried to code didn't work. Which is weird b/c it worked for my car. I felt bad not being able to do this b/c that was the purpose of us making the trip. I would like to ask if someone could use my laptop and cables and remotely configure the options he's looking for. I would really appreciate if we could work this out maybe after work or during lunchtime .. thanks in advance.

drboomer
08-24-2013, 10:47 AM
What are you trying to code?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

First_745Li
08-24-2013, 10:52 AM
CAS

HKL

WIM

Auto lock door when drive off and unlock when FOB is ejected
Disable legal disclaimer and DRL
And few others

BimmerBrad7
08-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Big shout out to First 745 for even trying to help me here! It was great meeting him and seeing his beautiful car! For some reason we just couldn't get my car to "take or save" some of the coding he did. Anyway help would be greatly appreciated!

First_745Li
08-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Big shout out to First 745 for even trying to help me here! It was great meeting him and seeing his beautiful car! For some reason we just couldn't get my car to "take or save" some of the coding he did. Anyway help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks bro!! Our cars are twins for sure .. Love your new wheels!! Looked bad ass riding out.

BimmerBrad7
08-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks bro!! Our cars are twins for sure .. Love your new wheels!! Looked bad ass riding out.

Thanks man!!!

PAPER
08-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Do you guys still need help?

First_745Li
08-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Another member said he could assist after work on Monday, thanks for asking PAPER - YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

PAPER
08-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Another member said he could assist after work on Monday, thanks for asking PAPER - YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

Ok cool, I have some free time right now & thought you. Guys might still
Be working on his car.

First_745Li
08-24-2013, 02:46 PM
We had met up around noon (EST).. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

First_745Li
08-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Big props to Cn555ic, thanks bro for helping with coding this afternoon. I appreciate it very much.

On another note, we were trying to disable the DRLs and the legal
disclaimer and couldn't. Kinda weird bc it worked on my car.

SuperSnoop
08-26-2013, 05:08 PM
I think you can only disable the legal disclaimer on a facelift MMI.

First_745Li
08-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Not true homie ..... It is disabled on my '03.
Maybe a fluke on mine?

BimmerBrad7
08-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Big props to Cn555ic, thanks bro for helping with coding this afternoon. I appreciate it very much.

Absolutely....big thanks to Cn555ic and big thanks to First_745Li for setting this all up. You guys are awesome! The damn DRL's are a pain in my ass lol!

awisewoman
08-26-2013, 05:52 PM
If any of you guys are in my area, I need some help.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using BimmerApp mobile app

SuperSnoop
08-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Not true homie ..... It is disabled on my '03.
Maybe a fluke on mine?
What code did you change on yours? I couldn't find the tout_legaldisclaimer on a 745. Are you sure you haven't swapped your screen?

First_745Li
08-27-2013, 06:10 AM
I'm sure, it's the original MMI. Let me look thru my notes later. There was another member that had helped with this as well.

PAPER
08-27-2013, 02:08 PM

glad to see you got it all worked out :thumbup:

BimmerBrad7
08-27-2013, 03:10 PM
glad to see you got it all worked out :thumbup:

all worked out but the above mentioned items...do you know how to code those paper?

Nygel
08-28-2013, 04:37 AM
http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread.php?562-NCS-Dummy-Taking-the-expert-out-of-NCS-Expert&p=22532&viewfull=1#post22532

you will have to go to the above link and do some research.

SuperSnoop
08-28-2013, 06:39 AM
I'm sure, it's the original MMI. Let me look thru my notes later. There was another member that had helped with this as well.

Okay, I refreshed my memory this morning and think I might know what's going on.

In facelift models, you can modify the TOUT_LEGALDISCLAIMER code, but you have to change the values for wert_01 or wert_02. Wert_01 is 00, which means the disclaimer is displayed until you click the button. Wert_02 is 64, which is, i think, 10 seconds (hex 64 = decimal 100, value is in 10th of second). You have to change one value (or add a new wert_03) to 01, which will display the disclaimer for .1 seconds at startup.

For all models, I believe, you can change the FAHRZEUGTYP_MMI from us_ll to ece_ll. This makes the MMI think it's in Europe where the disclaimer is not displayed at all. However, I'm told that this will cause the MPG display to be inaccurate (due to a difference in the gallon measurement) and, if you have a DVD player, you won't be able to play NTSC DVD's. There are probably some other changes, too.

Can you check these two codes to see how your car is configured?

First_745Li
08-28-2013, 07:02 AM
Ok I'll check this afternoon after work.

PAPER
08-28-2013, 03:02 PM
all worked out but the above mentioned items...do you know how to code those paper?

Yes they are able to do on your car .

PAPER
08-28-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread.php?562-ncs-dummy-taking-the-expert-out-of-ncs-expert&p=22532&viewfull=1#post22532

you will have to go to the above link and do some research.

x2 :d

First_745Li
08-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Okay, I refreshed my memory this morning and think I might know what's going on.

In facelift models, you can modify the TOUT_LEGALDISCLAIMER code, but you have to change the values for wert_01 or wert_02. Wert_01 is 00, which means the disclaimer is displayed until you click the button. Wert_02 is 64, which is, i think, 10 seconds (hex 64 = decimal 100, value is in 10th of second). You have to change one value (or add a new wert_03) to 01, which will display the disclaimer for .1 seconds at startup.

For all models, I believe, you can change the FAHRZEUGTYP_MMI from us_ll to ece_ll. This makes the MMI think it's in Europe where the disclaimer is not displayed at all. However, I'm told that this will cause the MPG display to be inaccurate (due to a difference in the gallon measurement) and, if you have a DVD player, you won't be able to play NTSC DVD's. There are probably some other changes, too.

Can you check these two codes to see how your car is configured?

So what module would I find this again? Please bear with me.. I couldn't find the entry.

SuperSnoop
08-28-2013, 04:35 PM
These should be in the MMI module. It might be named MMIGT. I don't know if its different pre-facelift.

First_745Li
08-28-2013, 04:47 PM
That's where I looked. MMIGT

First_745Li
08-28-2013, 06:33 PM
I can read the ECU and save out the TRC file so you can have a look? Will that help?

PAPER
08-28-2013, 06:50 PM
I can read the ECU and save out the TRC file so you can have a look? Will that help?

post up your TRC

First_745Li
08-28-2013, 07:07 PM
I will tomorrow. She's locked up for the night :)

Nygel
08-28-2013, 07:33 PM
I will post one in a minute.
Here is a stock one:

First_745Li
08-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Here's my TRC file just pulled from the MMIGT module..

With that said, please let me know if you see an option would be cool to have but shows disabled.

SuperSnoop
08-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Like I said:

FAHRZEUGTYP_MMI
ece_ll

First_745Li
08-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Like I said:

FAHRZEUGTYP_MMI
ece_ll

Ok I was looking for the TOUT_xxxxxx.
So the entry to remove the disclaimer
is FAHRZEUGTYP_MMI
ece_ll ?

SuperSnoop
08-29-2013, 05:34 PM

I think you missed my previous reply.

First_745Li
08-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Yea bro I did. Thanks for point that out.

Hmm so with that said... Wonder how far off the MPG will be and I wonder what the other things that might have changed.

PAPER
08-29-2013, 05:38 PM
SMS_US
nicht_aktiv

change to
SMS_US
aktiv

it's for your text messages .

First_745Li
08-29-2013, 05:39 PM
SMS_US
nicht_aktiv

change to
SMS_US
aktiv

it's for your text messages .

I don't have that Bluetooth module.. Yet. So I'm not utilizing the phone functions

PAPER
08-29-2013, 05:43 PM
I don't have that Bluetooth module.. Yet. So I'm not utilizing the phone functions

:thumbdwn:

my bad , I assumed you did .

First_745Li
08-29-2013, 05:46 PM
:thumbdwn:

my bad , I assumed you did .

I know I know..lol. I appreciate it though.

First_745Li
08-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Ok so what about the DRLs? What module and name should I be looking for?
FYI My DRLs are disabled.

PAPER
08-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Ok so what about the DRLs? What module and name should I be looking for?
FYI My DRLs are disabled.

look in the LMA

KingSilverback
08-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Here is a good question for those more versed in coding than I. When I open windows/sunroof with keyfob, I don't want the sunroof to open all the way, I want it to tilt and stop. Messed with a bunch of things in SHD module and still didn't nail it. Any ideas?