PDA

View Full Version : How much off msrp should I get?

Gonepostal
10-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey, my name is jerry and im new to the forum.I was a big car fanactic a few years ago.i now drive a 2010 ex35 and I'm going to look at a x1 2.8 with the mline package and ultimate package plus the sat radio,the msrp is @43760, are these still selling for 3-7% off sticker? Any advice with dealing with the BMW sales would help.
TIA
Jerry

the_fox
10-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the 'fest Jerry!

Yes, those numbers are still doable, if you work with the right dealer. i recommend you talk to Justin@NCBMW (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/member.php?u=285153), he's a sponsor here and he got me a great deal :thumbup: He is very approachable, friendly, and detail oriented - it's been a stress free buying experience. He's in Cali but it doesn't matter, you can do PCD, which is what I did, so you pick up the car in SC, not that far from PA. Better yet, you can do ED on X1 (since it's the only X car made in Germany) and save even more $ (but spend a few euros). Good luck!

Gonepostal
10-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks, while I will support vendors on this site, I have to trade in my ex, which complicates the long distance "deal"?

the_fox
10-16-2012, 10:32 AM
You can always trade it in to CarMax.

German Expat
10-18-2012, 01:31 AM
I would recommend you work invoice up rather then MSRP down. Look at bmw config, edmunds etc. for the invoice cost and available rebates. Then try to negotiate how much on top of the invoice you are willing to pay. Invoice + 500-1000$ seems to be the accepted amount here. Also make sure you don't get a large doc fee on top of it.
If you lease understand the (possible) profit on the money factor and acquisition fee as well.

Now a trade in will complicate the issue, try to not mix the negotiations to confuse the issue. Get a base price from car maxx so you know what it is worth.