PDA

View Full Version : no ft close doors,auto high beam and electnic trunk close option for gran coupe

saala
10-16-2012, 02:02 AM
i was just building the gran coupe on bmwusa.com and could not find these options such as

Soft close doors
electronic trunk open/close
auto high beam

any idea why would this high end bmw not offer such options which 5 series offers at a lower price point ?

mlai
10-16-2012, 05:55 AM
i was just building the gran coupe on bmwusa.com and could not find these options such as

Soft close doors
auto high beam

any idea why would this high end bmw not offer such options which 5 series offers at a lower price point ?

Soft close door is standard in Hong Kong for 650i GC, so is auto high beam (which is useless in Hong Kong anyway).

AFAIK, Electronic trunk open/close is not available for the 6GC anywhere in the world.

XZLR8
10-16-2012, 06:10 AM

Soft close doors
auto high beam

No soft close doors or electronic trunk close (although it does open). I believe that Auto High Beams come with the LED headlights, rather than as a separate option.

gc640
11-06-2012, 12:17 PM

Soft close doors
auto high beam

So that theres something for BMW to add to the car come LCI ;)

640GC
11-19-2012, 03:42 PM
We have auto high beams with the LED lights.

saala
11-19-2012, 07:57 PM
That's because you have LED lights and that's part of the pkg. but all other BMWs have it as $250 stand alone option. I guess they want to force costomers to spend $1900.

djsaad1
11-19-2012, 08:13 PM
I have had auto high beams on 2 other cars and stopped using them within days. In my opinion it is the most annoying feature a car can have. The high beams almost always stay on for too long and blind other drivers, I am yet to try them on a bmw but on the other cars they were way to sensitive.