PDA

View Full Version : Current pricing on your X1 order?

two-five boy
10-21-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm looking for updated price quotes from members who've closed deals in Sept and Oct, after the "newness" and the fact that BMW HQ has allocated more X1's to the US due to the continued EU crisis.

So if you have been quoted or agreed to a deal for an X1 within the past 2 months, please advise what the price was in terms of invoice + $?. Please exclude all the marketing incentives to be consistent. Thanks

I'll start, I was quoted invoice, which inc. $300 MACO and $180 Training Fees, + $500 for an order. Located in NYC

the_fox
10-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Invoice + 500 is a good quote IMO.
Should also list any other charges separately, like MACO, training fee, doc fee, since they vary from region to region.

mullini
10-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I'd be very interested to hear from California members - on what other fees they paid beyond tax and license. Right now my X1 is on its way. I didn't get as good a deal as $500 over invoice, but I will also admit that when people talk about what a deal they got, I sometimes help myself to a pinch of salt. Just saying...:-)

So right now we have an initialed agreement, Beverly Hills BMW and me, for 3% off MSRP. When i sit down to actually purchase the X1, I'd like to be prepared for what other "fees" etc. might be presented to me, beyond t&l, that I can negotiate out of...

the_fox
10-22-2012, 09:48 AM
California has a $80 doc fee and a $380 regional MACO fee, while the $180 training fee is nationwide. However, MSRP already includes MACO and Training, so you should not be charged for them twice (they could apply to invoice+ pricing though)

mullini
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks! That's good info to have when I go in to make the purchase.

Tirpitz
10-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm at $500 over invoice from a forum sponsor. Fees on top of that are listed as:

$336 DMV (title/license)
$7 CA Tire fee
$80 Doc fee
=========
$452 Total fees

Plus sales tax of course. I don't think you should be looking at any fees beyond those. Training fee and MACO were included in the quoted invoice price.

mismaloya
10-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Buying or leasing?

two-five boy
10-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Purchase. I've updated the deal that I completed today on the first post.

Sandy_S
11-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Going in to negotiate tonight. Getting a lot of packages/options on the car. Are people getting invoice on those? Or is the 500 plus invoice only applying to the base MSRP? Also, is that AFTER the incentives or are those on top of it?

Appreciate the help!

Tirpitz
11-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Going in to negotiate tonight. Getting a lot of packages/options on the car. Are people getting invoice on those? Or is the 500 plus invoice only applying to the base MSRP? Also, is that AFTER the incentives or are those on top of it?

Appreciate the help!

I just picked up my X1 last night. Deal was for $500 over invoice. The car has the Ultimate package on it plus the paddle shift steering wheel. I had to order the car and while it was in transit the $500 holiday credit appeared and this was added to the deal bringing the total to flat invoice.

I did not qualify for any of the other incentives but if I had they would be been applied as well bringing the price down below invoice.

Thus in my experience working with a forum sponsor, Justin at New Century BMW, right now you should be aiming for $500 over invoice and then apply the holiday credit and any other incentives you can qualify for. This will be the case no matter what options are on the vehicle. If your local BMW dealer will not go that low you do have options that will get you there.

two-five boy
11-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Sandy- you should have no trouble getting a dealer to accept a deal for invoice+$500, before any BMW incentives, regardless of your options list. Goto bmwconfig.com first to get the invoice pricing on the car and it's options first, to make sure the dealer's figures are the same. The only potential discrepancy would be the maco and/or training fees, which are costs paid from dealer to BMW and thus non-negotiable.

Tirpitz- how did u get ur car so quickly? Did u take inventory off their lot? If ordered u must've placed it well before 10/22 as stated in ur prior post?

Sandy_S
11-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Ok, So invoice pricing on all options as well, then I have the $500 holiday and $300 iphone app, so I should be a few hundred under invoice overall? Just making sure I'm clear.

Thank you so much.

325es1988
11-15-2012, 09:48 AM
I'd be very interested to hear from California members - on what other fees they paid beyond tax and license. Right now my X1 is on its way. I didn't get as good a deal as $500 over invoice, but I will also admit that when people talk about what a deal they got, I sometimes help myself to a pinch of salt. Just saying...:-)

So right now we have an initialed agreement, Beverly Hills BMW and me, for 3% off MSRP. When i sit down to actually purchase the X1, I'd like to be prepared for what other "fees" etc. might be presented to me, beyond t&l, that I can negotiate out of...

I initially went to Rusnak BMW in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village because Costco has fixed negotiated pricing with them. They offered me $500 over invoice. I can give you the name of the CA who graciously helped me.

My wife ended up referring me to her friend who was able to get me $100 over invoice at another dealership. Unfortunately I can't mention them here because the CA can't replicate the deal. While I'd love to capitalize on the holiday incentives and the BMW APP $300 credit those all require you to finance through BMWFS who's best rate is 3.29% I'm going to keep my 2.54% rate and let go of the $800 in incentives.

My fees were:
Document: $80
Title/Registration/Tire Fee: $384.14
CA Sales Tax - depends on the county you're in.

mullini
11-15-2012, 10:00 AM
I hadn't checked out the bmwconfig site. Cool. I am cool with the price I have, with incentive. I don't mind the 3.29%, because I pay off fast, and I did the calculation of the $500 incentive at 3.29 to show it will save me money even if I didn't pay off early (over the 2.49 of my credit union).

Just will be good to finally show up, see the car, and get the deal done. Been shopping for a second car since late July!

two-five boy
11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Ok, So invoice pricing on all options as well, then I have the $500 holiday and $300 iphone app, so I should be a few hundred under invoice overall? Just making sure I'm clear.

Thank you so much.

The $300 is only applicable if u have an existing bmwfs account. If that's the case, then u should also qualify for the $750 loyalty discount.

Just be aware that all the incentives are applied towards the downpayment of the car, rather than the sales price. Eg: your purchase price is $40k, your final price will be $40k + tax, then subtract whatever eligible incentives, plus title/reg and other fees, to arrive at the final, out the door price.

Tirpitz
11-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Tirpitz- how did u get ur car so quickly? Did u take inventory off their lot? If ordered u must've placed it well before 10/22 as stated in ur prior post?

I ordered the car on September 17. It showed up at the dealer exactly 8 weeks later.

Sandy_S
11-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks! Yes, we are existing finance customers, so I should get both. And I have the app discount of $300.

The $300 is only applicable if u have an existing bmwfs account. If that's the case, then u should also qualify for the $750 loyalty discount.

Just be aware that all the incentives are applied towards the downpayment of the car, rather than the sales price. Eg: your purchase price is $40k, your final price will be $40k + tax, then subtract whatever eligible incentives, plus title/reg and other fees, to arrive at the final, out the door price.

Sandy_S
11-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Oh well. I left after an impasse.
They wanted $1700 over invoice and wouldn't budge after that. I didn't buy one tonight. :(

edx1
11-15-2012, 04:01 PM
They wanted $1700 over invoice and wouldn't budge after that. I didn't buy one tonight. :(

I ran into the same thing and found an out of state bimmerfest sponsor dealer who was more knowledgeable and quicker to work with than my local dealer. Board sponsors appreciate bimmerfest members and will work out a much more fair deal for you.

greyX1
11-15-2012, 04:10 PM
I initially went to Rusnak BMW in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village because Costco has fixed negotiated pricing with them. They offered me $500 over invoice. I can give you the name of the CA who graciously helped me.

My wife ended up referring me to her friend who was able to get me $100 over invoice at another dealership. Unfortunately I can't mention them here because the CA can't replicate the deal. While I'd love to capitalize on the holiday incentives and the BMW APP $300 credit those all require you to finance through BMWFS who's best rate is 3.29% I'm going to keep my 2.54% rate and let go of the $800 in incentives.

My fees were:
Document: $80
Title/Registration/Tire Fee: $384.14
CA Sales Tax - depends on the county you're in.

we got the recent grad $1000 discount on ours which required BMW financing at 3.4%, then turned around and refinanced with our credit union for 2.5% the next day.

greyX1
11-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I hadn't checked out the bmwconfig site. Cool. I am cool with the price I have, with incentive. I don't mind the 3.29%, because I pay off fast, and I did the calculation of the $500 incentive at 3.29 to show it will save me money even if I didn't pay off early (over the 2.49 of my credit union).

Just will be good to finally show up, see the car, and get the deal done. Been shopping for a second car since late July!

see my post above - we got the grad discount with BMW financing then refinanced the next day with our CU for a better rate!

two-five boy
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM

Seeing that ur in pa, is the dealer that u went to the only one in town? If u don't mind traveling a bit, I would widen my search with dealers up to a couple of hundred miles radius for a good deal. There's also a dealer in tenafly nj that I've heard alot of good things about from board members. The quote u received is ridiculous!

Sandy_S
11-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I thought so too -- that was their best offer. They even let me leave. I will try other dealers. Happy to try a board dealer, but can't drive to SC or CA to pick it up...

Seeing that ur in pa, is the dealer that u went to the only one in town? If u don't mind traveling a bit, I would widen my search with dealers up to a couple of hundred miles radius for a good deal. There's also a dealer in tenafly nj that I've heard alot of good things about from board members. The quote u received is ridiculous!

glennk
11-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Is there a listing o board dealers?

two-five boy
11-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Is there a listing o board dealers?

Goto the Ask a Dealer section, and ask for a recommended dealer and salesperson from your area.

Allies_X3
11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Thank you guys for this thread. I am looking at ordering an X1, and it looks like I can get it for about $35,530 with the cold/tech packages and some extra goodies.:)

two-five boy
11-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Thank you guys for this thread. I am looking at ordering an X1, and it looks like I can get it for about $35,530 with the cold/tech packages and some extra goodies.:)

You need to figure out what is the invoice for ur car as configured to determine whether you have a good deal or not. Goto bmwconfig.com to see the invoice #s

Allies_X3
11-19-2012, 12:59 PM
You need to figure out what is the invoice for ur car as configured to determine whether you have a good deal or not. Goto bmwconfig.com to see the invoice #s

Yup! That's what I did. Then I added $500 and then subtracted 1250 for owner loyalty/holiday cash.

djsturn
11-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Has anyone bought a X1 s28i with the Ultimate Package in Florida? If so what was the price? I have been negotiating for a few days and thought I had a deal, it wasn't great but was a price I could live with 900.00 over invoice price based on BMWconfig.com. The car has to be ordered so I don't have an actual invoice. The kicker was when the dealer wrote back saying they except my offer of $37,600 plus tax, tag title transfers and doc fee. The doc fee is 799.00! I adjusted my offer to 36800.00 to compensate for the outrageous doc fee. Has anyone else had this experience?

ynot6352
11-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Where are you u getting 500 over invoice a...here on the east coast I can't get them to move more than 1 or 2 p

El Phantasmo
11-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Invoice + about 1300 for a new X1.

Didn't haggle at all (its a custom order. Will get it in a month or two). Dealer was very nice, said he has more wiggle room on cars that are on the lot (or dealer trades) if we wanted a better deal. We wanted specific options and colors and the few hundred in savings wasn't enough to justify the difference.

We looked at cars for over a month and went to the BMW dealer 4-5 times. We spend many hours driving different cars and playing with the multiple features etc. I generally hate car shopping, but the dealer (Chattanooga BMW, Ask for Bender) made it very nice. Drove multiple X1, X3, 3 series etc.

http://www.bmwofchattanooga.com/index.htm

two-five boy
11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Where are you u getting 500 over invoice a...here on the east coast I can't get them to move more than 1 or 2 p

I'm getting mine from bayside BMW in queens ny. Pm me for for sales rep's contact and I'll give her a heads up to see if she can do the same deal for u. FYI I've bought multiple cars from her hence the good deal, perhaps.

Allies_X3
11-25-2012, 01:56 PM
I dropped the hammer on a xdrive28i. Valencia orange with Premium, cold weather and tech packages. Paid $800 over invoice at northwest bmw in Pikesvillle, Maryland.

djsturn
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Are floor mats standard or do you have to order them? I didn't see them as an option.

Thanks
DJ

Allies_X3
11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Are floor mats standard or do you have to order them? I didn't see them as an option.

Thanks
DJ

Mine came with floor mats. I am pretty sure they're not listed as an option.

djsturn
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks Allie!

djsturn
11-26-2012, 10:07 AM
I ordered my X1 s28i, I'm so excited. I have been waiting to order the X1 since I first heard it was going to be released in the US. I wanted something small but still needed room for my shepherds, the X1 is the perfect size for me and I love the way it looks. I have driven a van or SUV for the last 14 years and can't wait to drive something more sporty. Initially I was going to buy the AWD since I live in Alaska but I decided to retire and move back to Florida and don't need the AWD. After 14 years in Alaska I hope to never see snow again.

As a side note I lived in Anchorage and now live in Kenai I have driven a FWD Honda Odyssey for 12 years and never had to put snowtires on it and I have never had a problem getting around up here. They keep the roads plowed and in good condition, actually they are better in winter because the potholes are filled with snow. :)

BMW X1

2.0-liter, TwinPower Turbo, inline 4-cylinder engine Rear-wheel drive
Cashmere Silver metallic
Sand Beige 'Nevada' Leather
Light Fineline Wood Trim
Lighting Package
Ultimate Package
Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
Chrome-line exterior trim
Heated front seats
Roof rails in Aluminum Satin

I paid the invoice price based on BMWconfig.com, but it is actually $800 over invoice when you add the Florida Doc Fees to the price. My X1 should arrive in Florida mid January.

Allies_X3
11-26-2012, 10:40 AM
I ordered my X1 s28i, I'm so excited. I have been waiting to order the X1 since I first heard it was going to be released in the US. I wanted something small but still needed room for my shepherds, the X1 is the perfect size for me and I love the way it looks. I have driven a van or SUV for the last 14 years and can't wait to drive something more sporty. Initially I was going to buy the AWD since I live in Alaska but I decided to retire and move back to Florida and don't need the AWD. After 14 years in Alaska I hope to never see snow again.

As a side note I lived in Anchorage and now live in Kenai I have driven a FWD Honda Odyssey for 12 years and never had to put snowtires on it and I have never had a problem getting around up here. They keep the roads plowed and in good condition, actually they are better in winter because the potholes are filled with snow. :)

BMW X1

2.0-liter, TwinPower Turbo, inline 4-cylinder engine Rear-wheel drive
Cashmere Silver metallic
Sand Beige 'Nevada' Leather
Light Fineline Wood Trim
Lighting Package
Ultimate Package
Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
Chrome-line exterior trim
Heated front seats
Roof rails in Aluminum Satin

I paid the invoice price based on BMWconfig.com, but it is actually $800 over invoice when you add the Florida Doc Fees to the price. My X1 should arrive in Florida mid January.

Congrats! You'll love it, I have no doubt about it.

I have to disagree with you about the snow, though; I can't get enough of it :-)

Enjoy retirement!

shane.reid
12-07-2012, 02:15 PM
So aim for $500 over invoice BEFORE incentives? Sounds crazy, but I'd love to get it.

Tirpitz
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
So aim for $500 over invoice BEFORE incentives? Sounds crazy, but I'd love to get it.

Yes, target that. It can be done but you might have to talk to several dealers to make it happen. I went to two who said "new model, minimal discount" before talking to a forum sponsor who immediately offered $500 over invoice.

Allies_X3
12-07-2012, 05:15 PM

Check forum sponsors to save yourself time

schnieds
12-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Got $500 over invoice and custom ordered my X1 from BMW Bellevue in WA. Plus getting an additional $500 off in holiday cash.

xDrive28i
Metallic Deep Sea Blue
Panoramic Moonroof
Heated Seats

Supposed to arrive mid-Jan, can't wait!

torifile
12-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I think the holiday cash coming off MSRP has big implications for how great this deal is for those of us leasing or looking to lease. I'm sure it would affect the numbers rather than it being a sales price reduction.

TST
12-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Schneids, who was your CA at BMW Bellevue? Would you recommend him/her? Thanks?

schnieds
12-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Schneids, who was your CA at BMW Bellevue? Would you recommend him/her? Thanks?

Dave Skipworth skipworthd @autonation .com

Really enjoyed working with him. Very helpful, very nice and overall seems like a great guy. He has been emailing me regular updates about the production status of my X1 as well.

Highly recommended!

Richman
12-17-2012, 08:12 AM
I just placed my order on sat 12/15. Including the $500 off to use BMW financing I paid $250 under invoice. Car is heavily loaded - glacier silver, terra nevada seats, wood trim, xline, ultimate, lighting, cold weather, servotronic, paddle shifters, HK stereo, satellite radio. First new car for me in 11 years. I financed the min of 7500 and will pay it off at the 4th installment which they said was the min to take advantage of this rebate. I think I could have done better than this since this was my initial offer price and they accepted straight away. Did all via email. When I went to sign to place the order the sales rep said BMW is looking for volume right now. Ordered from BMW Peabody (MA).

edx1
12-17-2012, 08:22 AM
I just placed my order on sat 12/15. Including the $500 off to use BMW financing I paid $250 under invoice. Car is heavily loaded - glacier silver, terra nevada seats, wood trim, xline, ultimate, lighting, cold weather, servotronic, paddle shifters, HK stereo, satellite radio. First new car for me in 11 years. I financed the min of 7500 and will pay it off at the 4th installment which they said was the min to take advantage of this rebate. I think I could have done better than this since this was my initial offer price and they accepted straight away. Did all via email. When I went to sign to place the order the sales rep said BMW is looking for volume right now. Ordered from BMW Peabody (MA).

Did you hve $750 off for benig bmw financial, so $500 over invoice before any credits? Or did you negotiate to $250 over invoice before the $500 credit?

Richman
12-17-2012, 08:35 AM
$250 over invoice then the $500 credit

grbbikracr
12-18-2012, 12:47 PM
What is the best way to contact a dealer that is on this forum? NJ preferably. No warm fuzzy feeling from the first dealership I talked with.

mr29
12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm at $500 over invoice from a forum sponsor. Fees on top of that are listed as:

$336 DMV (title/license)
$7 CA Tire fee
$80 Doc fee
=========
$452 Total fees

Plus sales tax of course. I don't think you should be looking at any fees beyond those. Training fee and MACO were included in the quoted invoice price.

noted here

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App

dim1ann
12-21-2012, 11:44 AM
hi
can anyone recommend a dealer (and sales person) in NY/NJ as well as in boston (north shore would be perfect ).
thank U

mismaloya
12-21-2012, 01:00 PM
I just PM'd you with some details

mismaloya
12-21-2012, 01:03 PM
To those of you looking for a CA in the NY area, I had an excellent experience with Peter Wohl of BMW of Manhattan. Good guy, and wants to sell cars.

bjbolduc
12-21-2012, 01:40 PM
i used Prestige BMW in Ramsey and pretty happy with experience and price for what its worth.
Got a good trade-in for a high mileage subaru and a fair price for the X1.

Richman
12-21-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm using BMW Peabody (Boston north shore). !st time bying fom them but other friends say thet are great. I got a heavily loaded X1 for $250 over invoice and then the $500 discount for BMW financing. I think they will go lower than that. Good luck

mismaloya
12-21-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm using BMW Peabody (Boston north shore). !st time bying fom them but other friends say thet are great. I got a heavily loaded X1 for $250 over invoice and then the $500 discount for BMW financing. I think they will go lower than that. Good luck

I think you are right. Seems they are motivated to move these X1's. good time to get one.