PDA

View Full Version : X5 Tail Lights

turbosteve
07-07-2004, 03:29 PM
I am not sure if it is just me but I regularly get a warning on my dash to check my tail or brake lights. It seems that all I have to do is unscrew them and then put them back in and the problem is solved. This is only happening on my passenger side rear lights. I do have the factory sub woofer mounted back there - is it rattling them loose? Anyone else having this issue? Know how to fix it? :dunno: THX

TheXMan
07-19-2004, 12:14 AM
I am not sure if it is just me but I regularly get a warning on my dash to check my tail or brake lights. It seems that all I have to do is unscrew them and then put them back in and the problem is solved. This is only happening on my passenger side rear lights. I do have the factory sub woofer mounted back there - is it rattling them loose? Anyone else having this issue? Know how to fix it? :dunno: THX

My 2004 X5 had the same problem. It took the dealer only 2 minutes to replace it. Bring it to the dealer and let them do the work if it is still the warranty.

Bimmer me up
07-20-2004, 06:10 AM
The LED display on the OBC of my week-old X5 is hard to read in normal daylight driving conditions. The alphanumerics are dim - hard to see. Can the display be adjusted other than the dash rheostat control?

Thanks for any help.