PDA

View Full Version : signature and user name

330soon2b
07-09-2004, 09:23 AM
I still need help on posting a pic beneath my signature. I posted a pic to the members gallery, but can't figure out how to get it to show in my signature. I know this is posted in the wrong area. My apologies.

Can I change my user name without re-registering?

Bill325Ci
07-09-2004, 10:04 AM
I still need help on posting a pic beneath my signature. I posted a pic to the members gallery, but can't figure out how to get it to show in my signature. I know this is posted in the wrong area. My apologies.

To get a picture in your signature, you need to upload the picture to a site that does web hosting. To change your user name, send an e-mail to the site administrator. I asked the question about the picture in a previous thread. See the following:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64376

KrisL
07-09-2004, 10:07 AM

Kind of hijacking the thread, but am I the only one that hates huge pictures in people's signatures? Call me bandwidth-sensitive, but a 10k text thread turns into a 750k thread when everyone has their car pics in their signature...

I highly recommend a simple link ;)

330soon2b
07-09-2004, 10:11 AM
my pic is posted to the members gallery. how do i get it in my signature? give me the step by step instructions. I tried insert image and all i get is IMG, no picture. I tried to cut and paste, nada.

Mr. The Edge
07-09-2004, 10:18 AM
any reason why this was posted in the 3-series forum?

·clyde·
07-09-2004, 10:23 AM
any reason why this was posted in the 3-series forum?
I know this is posted in the wrong area. My apologies.

Mr. The Edge
07-09-2004, 10:26 AM
I don't see a reason :madrazz:

Bill325Ci
07-09-2004, 10:27 AM
my pic is posted to the members gallery. how do i get it in my signature? give me the step by step instructions. I tried insert image and all i get is IMG, no picture. I tried to cut and paste, nada.
OK, I think that is your car in my signature now - had to test it myself. Go to your pic in the members gallery and right click on the image and select properties. In properties you will see a link (http:....). Highlight and copy this link. Go to your user CP and edit your sig. Select insert a picture and a address bar will appear. Paste you link into that address bar.

BahnBaum
Kind of hijacking the thread, but am I the only one that hates huge pictures in people's signatures? Call me bandwidth-sensitive, but a 10k text thread turns into a 750k thread when everyone has their car pics in their signature...

I highly recommend a simple link ;)

Doesn't the software give you the ability to turn off signatures if you don't want to see them?

Alex

·clyde·
You need to insert the URL of the image between the IMG tags.

You can find the URL for the image by right clicking on it and choosing "properties." Copy the URL/address in the box that pops up into your sig between the IMG tags. If you're on a mac, option-click and open image in a new window and copy the URL from the location bar.

330soon2b
:dunno:

330soon2b
07-09-2004, 10:29 AM
OK, I think that is your car in my signature now - had to test it myself. Go to your pic in the members gallery and right click on the image and select properties. In properties you will see a link (http:....). Highlight and copy this link. Go to your user CP and edit your sig. Select insert a picture and a address bar will appear. Paste you link into that address bar.

Hey you stole my pic! :) seriously, thanks for your help.

Bill325Ci
07-09-2004, 10:29 AM
:dunno:
See my post above.

·clyde·
07-09-2004, 10:31 AM
copy the following into your sig (and delete the *):

[*img]http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/12511ext_pic-med.JPG?269[/img]

330soon2b
07-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Got it...thanks. I knew you guys would be able to help.

Tanning machine
07-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Doesn't the software give you the ability to turn off signatures if you don't want to see them?

Alex

yes. go to user cp, edit options, and then deselect "show signatures"

the one problem with this is that it bans all signatures, not just those with big pics.

one could also choose do deselect "show images" so you get a link instead.

KrisL
07-09-2004, 10:42 AM
one could also choose do deselect "show images" so you get a link instead.

a-ha. Did that. Thanks :)

Bill325Ci
07-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Got it...thanks. I knew you guys would be able to help.
And btw, congrats. Very nice looking ZHP! :thumbup: