PDA

View Full Version : 2005 My X3?

cafortier
07-10-2004, 07:39 PM
The announcment in the general forum doesn't list anything regarding what changes may be in store for the 2005 X3. Does that mean that there are none?

Thanks,
Chris

asnpcwiz
07-12-2004, 06:56 AM
You can actually send a PM to SARAFIL, who was the person who posted the announcement. I sent a PM to SARAFIL asking about the MY05 X5 since I just ordered myself an 04 X5. SARAFIL posted no changes in the MY05 X5 as well. The same thing as posted with the X3. I got a response that there will be no changes at all to X5's, so I'm sure it'll be the same thing for the X3.

harplayr
07-12-2004, 07:16 AM
The announcment in the general forum doesn't list anything regarding what changes may be in store for the 2005 X3. Does that mean that there are none?

Thanks,
ChrisThe X3's just began to be delivered in Jan / Feb, so I don't expect anything more than some shuffling of the packages. This is my opinion only, I do not have any "official" information.

cafortier
07-12-2004, 08:11 AM
You can actually send a PM to SARAFIL, who was the person who posted the announcement. SARAFIL posted no changes in the MY05 X5 as well. The same thing as posted with the X3. I got a response that there will be no changes at all to X5's, so I'm sure it'll be the same thing for the X3.

Thanks for the suggestion - I sent a PM to SARAFIL.

There do appear to be changes to the X5 if you go back and look at the announcement, it was updated 2 days later:

MY05 X5:
-auto climate control standard on 3.0
-lumbar support standard on 3.0, 4.4
-PDC standard on 3.0
-Pastel Green leather dropped

Thanks,
Chris

asnpcwiz
07-12-2004, 11:35 AM

There do appear to be changes to the X5 if you go back and look at the announcement, it was updated 2 days later:

MY05 X5:
-PDC standard on 3.0

Thanks,
Chris

Great, thanks for crushing my dreams ;) . I just ordered that thing too and now you tell me lumbar support is standard? DOH. Well, the other options come with the PP and I don't care for the pastel green. Oh well, who cares, I just won't have lumbar support then... :cry:

philippek
07-12-2004, 12:24 PM

MY05 X5:
-PDC standard on 3.0

Thanks,
Chris

I think PDC is standard on the 4.4, still optional on the 3.0.

pipo
07-13-2004, 02:53 PM

Thanks,
Chris

According to a poster on another forum, there will be slight changes, which are interesting:

- chrome packet exterieur with chrome front grill
- chrome door handles (all cars)
- chrome around the automatic-stick
Production starts in early September. New is:

- Titan interieur
- Dashboard is completely black
- Front Nets are black, beige or grey instead of grey
- Steering wheel completely black
- Airbag off - button
- MP3 function
- Software x.x with Oil-testing trough Software and Door-Close-Check
- Outside: side cut from side front spoiler to door will be gone.

jpalmer51
07-25-2004, 08:32 PM
I also heard that the grey bumpers will be matching body color. Again this is just what I heard.

ProcyonB
08-16-2004, 06:47 PM
The price will supposedly increase about 3% for 2005 (as per the dealer, who doesn't actually know for sure yet). I hope the dash doesn't come all-black, as that is not something I would like. I don't really care for the chrome treatment either. :(

I also was told that the bumpers will match the body color. :)

(I have already ordered a 2005 for delivery in Munich :thumbup: ).

cafortier
08-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Here's an interesting tidbit.

We've ordered a 2005 as well (3.0, Blue Water/Gray, SP, Heated Seats, Xenon, Auto, Privacy, Aluminum, Tow Hitch).

When we tried to order the moonroof, the system would not allow it. The dealer thought that meant that they've made it standard. Looking through the 2005 X3 order guide PDF, posted in the General forum, there no longer appears to be a moonroof ordering option.

So, yes, the price may go up 3%, but you get the moonroof, which was a $1350 option.

Chris

ProcyonB
08-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Chris, that sounds like a wash to me. I guess if they *make* me take the sunroof, I'll take the sunroof. :-p