BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Stomp test

3K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  Monsignor 
#1 ·
If I take a video of me doing the stomp test could someone tell me what the blinking light comes out to be like which codes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App

#2 ·
Yes we can. I'm getting ready to leave for a while, but there are many here who can help you read the codes.

#19 ·
Fuel pump or fuel pump relay if it cranks without firing. Almost certainly.

I had the same issue. Threw a new battery on it and it fired immediately. Food for thought.

#20 ·
I agree that if it starts on starting fluid, it is fuel delivery related. I also agree with Joe above. Just remember to also check the fuel pump fuse if you have not checked it already. Also, a clogged fuel filter can cause no-starts. If yours hasn't been changed in a long time, consider that.

Check the Bentley manual on jumping the fuel pump relay (posts 30 and 87) to supply constant power to the pump. It the pump is not running, remove the connector and check for power to the connector. If you have 12v, then the pump is bad. If you hear the pump running, then the problem is the relay.

Figuring out no-starts are not too difficult if you take a methodical approach .... and follow the Bentley manual.

#28 ·
Nailed it again!!!

Somebody send me an award.

I am the greatest that's ever lived
:thumbup:

Is that a good enough reward ? :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.