PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, waiting for special order, has questions

marylandx3
07-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Greetings,

Jason in Maryland, just special ordered a 2004 X3 with exactly the combo of options I wanted,
and I have a few questions, if you dont mind.

1st where can I find a seat-saver type synthetic seat cover to cover up the front and rear seats?

2nd; My dealer says I will wait 10-12 weeks for my X3, is this right?

Here is what I got: 2.5, Silver Grey, Terracotta leather/light birch wood, premium package, Auto trans.

Thanks,
Jason.

philippek
07-11-2004, 05:11 PM
No idea where to find the first, but 10-12 weeks sounds conservative. Most of my order have taken 8-10.

AndDown
07-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Greetings,

Jason in Maryland, just special ordered a 2004 X3 with exactly the combo of options I wanted,
and I have a few questions, if you dont mind.

1st where can I find a seat-saver type synthetic seat cover to cover up the front and rear seats?

2nd; My dealer says I will wait 10-12 weeks for my X3, is this right?

Here is what I got: 2.5, Silver Grey, Terracotta leather/light birch wood, premium package, Auto trans.

Thanks,
Jason.

Welcome to the board!

1. Are you looking for a seat cover to temporarily place over the leather seats to keep them from getting soiled? Check the accessories catalog - they should have something there. Personally, I went with the leatherette so that cleaning and maintenance is easy. Most people think the 'ette is leather, anyway.

2. Typically, wait is 2-3 months, so dealer is right but wants to probably err on the longer wait time. It seems long but alot of times, the order is not started on immediately - have to wait your turn in line, so to speak. Then, it can take 2-4 weeks for delivery, depending on which coast you're on, whether there's a backlog at the Vehicle Prep Center,etc. I've heard of cars just waiting a week at the dock for enough cars to fill a boat.

Once you get your VIN #, you can track the progress of the build through the BMWNA Owner's Circle (it's not always up-to-date, however). Click on the FAQ's just under the bimmerfest logo at the top and you will find some interesting things, even though the car being discussed is a 325/330 model.

Best wishes,