BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Help with emissions!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  robertobaggio20 
#1 ·
my 1994 530 with an m60b30 has just failed emissions horribly

I recently purchased this car for a good deal and have been fixing it up here and there with my 95 540 parts car

Using a peake research code reader it was throwing four codes, lambda control 1, lambda control 2, O2 sensor 1, and O2 sensor 2

So far I have changed the spark plugs and coil boots, cleaned the ICV and MAF sensor, and have a ccv on its way in the mail and just bought a fuel filter which hasn't been put it in yet, and changed the crank sensor which is reading ohms in spec according to troubleshooting manual

at times it can idle a little rough specially when cold and when hammering on the gas at around 3500 to 4800 rpm it bucks and hesitates as if there were a misfire

I am new to owning a BMW so any help would be great, I thought about replacing o2 sensors but would like some advice before spending more money

#2 · (Edited)
just a question:

If your car tells you the O2 sensors are shot, then why would you even create a user name to post from before replacing those. The car just told you the answer. O2 sensors can and will end an emission test very abruptly.

EDIT:

welcome to the 'fest

#3 ·
just a question:

If your car tells you the O2 sensors are shot, then why would you even create a user name to post from before replacing those. The car just told you the answer. O2 sensors can and will end an emission test very abruptly.
Seems pretty obvious to me:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.