BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

help need. strust size 1989 535i

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Radian 
#1 ·
Want to buy coils but need strut size ?!?!?

#2 ·
Less akin to " wanna buy bra but need cup size" and more like " Wanna buy shoes but need bra size ! " LOLOLOL

For heaven's sake, please write normally, please tell the whole story, if not nobody will bother replying to you anywhere. :)

#4 ·
Why not order springs by vehicle application? There are tons of choices... H&R, Eibach, Bav Auto, Vogtland, Lowtech, and probably a couple of others. You can rest assured, they wont ask you for your strut size;)

#6 ·
You could use a front strut bar, that will get rid of a tremendous amount of body roll quickly, but be forwarned, the car will be less exciting once it is installed, and in terms of vehicular stability geometry-wise I don't think it makes much any difference....

#8 ·
E30 use different strut inserts depending on engine size. Here is a radical suggestion - take your strut insert out and measure it. While it is out go to the local suspension shop and buy the replacement of your choice - performance or standard. This has worked for me in the past.....

#9 ·
Or if you are truely serious about being a road racer, buy a set of coil overs and set it up as you wish. Again, you will not really need the measurement you are looking for.

Do you plan on using this as a track car? If not, just about any of the sets listed with lower the car, reduce body roll and improve you handling. Going any further is a waste of time because if you go much stiffer the car will be miserable on the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.