PDA

View Full Version : GC compared W Panamera

bfv
01-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I am coming out of 5-series lease in a few months. Took test drive of Panamera 4 and 640i GC. Panamera did wonderful job in gripping the road and holding me in the seat. Compared to that GC was kind of fumbling. I guess I will have to wait until 2014 panamera details are available.

Leslierc
01-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I would suppose that one reason why the Panny felt more sure-footed was the all-wheel drive feature. I tested a Panny 4 back when I was considering the Panamera and I will tell you that you're going to have a tough decision on your hands when the time comes. I think the GC is a fabulous car and I considered it at the time; however, the Panny offers better rear seat comfort and appointments in my opinion.

bfv
01-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Leslirec,

Agree on your reasoning.

I have few questions and I guess you can gimme some insight. May I PM you (Discussion on panny may not be ideal in 6GC forum)?

Leslierc
01-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Leslirec,

Agree on your reasoning.

I have few questions and I guess you can gimme some insight. May I PM you (Discussion on panny may not be ideal in 6GC forum)?

Of course.

XZLR8
01-22-2013, 08:06 AM
I am coming out of 5-series lease in a few months. Took test drive of Panamera 4 and 640i GC. Panamera did wonderful job in gripping the road and holding me in the seat. Compared to that GC was kind of fumbling. I guess I will have to wait until 2014 panamera details are available.

Hard to go wrong either way, IMO. I drove a Panamera (not the 4) for a week a couple months ago and came away a huge fan. Of course, I love my 650xi GC, too.

For me, it's extremely important to have a great dealership relationship when I spend this amount of money on a four-wheeled friend, so it's hard to imagine leaving my current arrangement with the guys at BMW. However, if I had to for some reason, I feel confident that I'd end up at the Porsche dealership.

XZLR8
01-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Also, just saw this:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2013/01/scoop-facelifted-porsche-panamera-shows.html

bfv
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks!! Porsche dealer says facelift will be available in September but no details yet. Meanwhile, awaiting for 640 Xi. You're so true about relationship with the dealer!

EmM HoLLa
01-22-2013, 07:55 PM
If you are going to compare a panamera 4 or 4s for that matter to a Sixer.. You should probably compare the 650 x drive instead of the 640... Just to fair haha..

I've mentioned to Les before I have Porsche Envy.. The Panamera looks awesome to me...