BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Alpine Angle lights turned yellow....

7K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Db750 
#1 ·
My outer rings turned yellow after less than 6 months of use... Ive been emailing Alex but no response yet.. should it be warrantied or should i buy an entire new system?

#4 ·
Unfortunately you'll have to replace the headlight housings themselves if you want to get rid of the now-yellow rings. The damage is permanent, and also well documented across many series of BMW's running HID AE's (Starting with LCI E60's IIRC).

The good news is that with so many people preparing to retrofit LCI F01 headlights the price of used housings will become exponentially cheaper in the next year or so. If I were you I would just keep on doing what you're doing and when you replace the headlights eventually just keep the incandescents (maybe run PIAA) or go LED. Aside from actually installing LCI headlights with the advanced LED lit halo's, you'll be hard pressed to match the look without consequence and/or sacrifice.

#5 ·
+1.

Yup, you'll have to replace the headlight housing and I've seen a set of brand headlamps going for $700 on eBay.

Future reference, stay away from HID kits, there's nothing available for the f01 that will give you the f10 angel eye look unless you upgrade to the 2013+ headlamp.

#12 ·
LED's are good when they are error-free (this isn't always the case despite claims *read around*), but they are very dim during the day. Some people are really happy with them, but personally I will be buying the PIAA 'Xtreme white' - they get really good reviews.

#13 ·
I've got the extreme whites. They're just okay. They look better than the original bulbs during the day, but when you turn on the beams at night the angel eyes look as dim as the originals. Only 60 bucks so whatever. Annoying how the flagship is the last in line for these types of updates.

#14 ·
Bought a set of these last summer and the are still in the garage. Didn't install them because of threads like this. I am actually quite happy with my yellow angel eyes. I think they look very aggressive with a black grill, and I would rather have clearly visable yellow halos as opposed to white that are not visible in the sunlight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.