PDA

View Full Version : Power trunk closing

bfv
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Does 6GC have power trunk closing by pushing a button from the trunk or foot movements like 5-series? I looked @ BMW website but could not find the info.:dunno:

mlai
01-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Does 6GC have power trunk closing by pushing a button from the trunk or foot movements like 5-series? I looked @ BMW website but could not find the info.:dunno:

No:tsk: Would have been nice because the trunk is as difficult to close as the F10:mad:

bfv
01-31-2013, 06:51 PM
No:tsk: Would have been nice because the trunk is as difficult to close as the F10:mad:

:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn: DAMN :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

southern6er22
01-31-2013, 08:59 PM
BMW massively screwed up this one. It's one of my biggest complaints about my car. :(

weissja
01-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Check the coding forum to see if it's possible like on the 5 series.

bfv
02-01-2013, 04:28 AM
my 5 is much more pleasing than 6GC...apparently. Cant believe....$100,000 car without this. But, when I took test drive of 6GC, there was a button in the trunk. CA told me that package is not installed in this car! If there is a button installed (unless I was hallucinating), coding should be easy!

mlai
02-01-2013, 04:32 AM
my 5 is much more pleasing than 6GC...apparently. Cant believe....$100,000 car without this. But, when I took test drive of 6GC, there was a button in the trunk. CA told me that package is not installed in this car! If there is a button installed (unless I was hallucinating), coding should be easy!

Button is only lock the car:rolleyes:

mrjoed2
02-02-2013, 06:12 AM
My biggest complaint about the 6 series. How can they not include a soft close trunk in this class of car? Even more unbelievable that you can order the Exec Pkg ( for the coupe at $4400) get soft close doors but still have to slam the trunk! Really bothers me enough to wait for the '14 where they hopefully will rectify this huge oversight.

jlkaufman
02-11-2013, 09:54 PM
I just re-ordered my 650xi GC to get the new iDrive system, It will be produced in early March making it a 2014. Based on numerous conversations with my sales person and emails between the 6-series product manager and the dealership I can pretty confidently state that a power trunk is not in the cards anytime soon. Sorry to disappoint.

mrjoed2
02-13-2013, 04:40 AM
We have hope. The BMW website for the the 6er coupe now states that the Executive Pkg includes a "soft close feature for the doors and trunk lid" This is a update as it did not include the trunk lid previously. I don't see a Exec Pkg for the GC which is strange.

jlkaufman
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
The executive package is available for 14s. I was told that BMW was making the packages consistent between the GC and coupe 14. For example, the driver assitance package is gone and the HUD is only available as part of the executive package. I certainly hope you are correct about soft close trunk coming to the GCs since it is identified in the coupe executive package. However, my sales person seemed skeptical based on his conversations with the product manager. Here's to hoping.... :-)

bfv
02-14-2013, 04:40 AM
:mad::mad:But soft close trunk lid means it will close at a touch of a button? According to BMW website description, it looks like one has to depress it most of its way and it will gently draw it in to close completely (see attached). That's ain't power trunk?!! I want the trunk to close with a gesture of my feet like 5-series cars!!

mrjoed2
02-14-2013, 04:46 AM
:mad::mad:But soft close trunk lid means it will close at a touch of a button? According to BMW website description, it looks like one has to depress it most of its way and it will gently draw it in to close completely (see attached). That's ain't power trunk?!! I want the trunk to close with a gesture of my feet like 5-series cars!!

Hey beggars can't be choosers ! Be thankful if we get even soft close, the alternative is slamming a springy composite trunk lid on a $90K car.

bfv
02-14-2013, 05:03 AM
Beggars? For buying a car at that price (one may become a beggar AFTER buying it though!)

mrjoed2
02-14-2013, 05:22 AM
Beggars? For buying a car at that price (one may become a beggar AFTER buying it though!)

You are not kidding - in all seriousness, what kind of logic do these "product managers" have to include soft close doors and omit a soft close trunk? And as you said the 5 series which is $20,000 LESS than the 6 series offers a POWER trunk closer. I for one will not buy this car unless it has the soft close as a minimum.

bfv
02-14-2013, 05:05 PM
I for one will not buy this car unless it has the soft close as a minimum.

Right said Fred!

saala
02-27-2013, 07:25 PM
on top of not having power trunk lid . it also has no upgraded comfort access where the trunk pops open via shaking the foot underneath the rear bumper. :(