PDA

View Full Version : Do you wax your clear bra???

AndyDe
07-28-2004, 11:17 AM
This may be a dumb question but I had a clear bra installed 3 weeks ago on my new '04 325i and a few questions have come up.
If we need to wax our cars to protect the paint over the years, does the clear bra act as a protectant to the paint being covered? :dunno:

I was talking to someone about this and he told me that I needed to wax on top of the clear bra to protect the paint underneath it? Is this so? :confused:

For some reason I feel like I should know this one.... :eeps:

Desertnate
07-28-2004, 11:45 AM
I would simply because it would look funny when all of the water on your hood is beading except where the clear bra was applied. Also, I would think waxing would make the shine more consistant across all of the surfaces. :dunno:

AndyDe
07-28-2004, 12:12 PM
I would simply because it would look funny when all of the water on your hood is beading except where the clear bra was applied. Also, I would think waxing would make the shine more consistant across all of the surfaces. :dunno:

I can understand your two points, but is it needed to protect the paint?
:confused:

Desertnate
07-28-2004, 12:56 PM

I don't think so. The clear bra will protect the paint it covers. As far as I know, that material isn't permiable.

Patrick
07-28-2004, 01:20 PM
I don't, but I will ask my wife ... :eek:

:angel:

-

jetstream23
07-29-2004, 01:51 PM

Yes, unless your clear bra has UV protection....one benefit of many waxes is that they help protect your paint from the longterm affects of UV exposure that can cause fading, etc. So, unless your clear bra is protecting the paint from the sun you should wax it. :)

Mr. The Edge
07-29-2004, 04:21 PM
I believe most clear bras are clear-coated, so yes--you should wax them

AndyDe
07-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Yes, unless your clear bra has UV protection....one benefit of many waxes is that they help protect your paint from the longterm affects of UV exposure that can cause fading, etc. So, unless your clear bra is protecting the paint from the sun you should wax it. :)

Thanks to all for the feed back, I will certainly be waxing those parts this weekend.. :thumbup:

Malachi
07-31-2004, 02:03 PM
I need to ask the question, is the clear bra the best way to go, if so which one, where do you get it and so on. I believe I will be doing a lot of highway driving in the near future and am interested in getting some information.

AndyDe, I do want to hijack the thread but I thought it was a good place to ask.

AndyDe
08-02-2004, 10:26 AM
I need to ask the question, is the clear bra the best way to go, if so which one, where do you get it and so on. I believe I will be doing a lot of highway driving in the near future and am interested in getting some information.

AndyDe, I do want to hijack the thread but I thought it was a good place to ask.

Malachi,

If you will be doing a lot of travel, it is my opinon that it is a good investment. It will keep your front end and side mirrors from getting damanged from road debris. :thumbup:

Go to www. clearbra.com to find an installer near you. Where are you, here in Houston prices seem to be going from low 500's to 600 for a full kit.
The bra is practically invisible, if you wish to take it off at a later point you can certainly do that as well. :thumbs:
Here is another link that will help you get started, http://www.stoneguard.com/sgcontent/default.asp

you'll be able to find lots of info in the archives under " clear bra"

good luck