PDA

View Full Version : Quick, Easy and Good

AuthorJim
07-30-2004, 10:42 AM
I have a 528iA and am envious of the time that many of you put into maintaining your Bimmers...but, I've got 2 small kids, and a business and simply don't have the time to lavish on my car. If someone out there would give me a quick primer on what products to buy and possibly some tips on how to apply them (and do a fairly complete job in under 2 hours), I'd be most appreciative.

The Roadstergal
07-30-2004, 12:36 PM
I use Meguiar's Gold Car Wash between waxings. Hose off the car, lather it up with a sponge or mitt, hose off. Seperate rag for the wheels - brake dust isn't good for paint. For waxings, there's no quick way, but it goes faster if you use a liquid wax. I use Meguiar's High-Tech Yellow. Strip the wax with Dawn, dry with a Costco microfiber, apply wax (just coat the surface and move on, you don't need to rub it in or anything), buff with a microfiber.

Malachi
07-30-2004, 10:14 PM
I have a 528iA and am envious of the time that many of you put into maintaining your Bimmers...but, I've got 2 small kids, and a business and simply don't have the time to lavish on my car. If someone out there would give me a quick primer on what products to buy and possibly some tips on how to apply them (and do a fairly complete job in under 2 hours), I'd be most appreciative.

For off the shelf products step products that shine and protect your car (2 months or so) I would go with "Mother's Carnuba Cleaner Wax" or "Megs NXT Wax". For washing I would use Megs Gold Class Car Wash, dry with a Microfiber Drying Towels (Walmart has one, not the best, but it will do). As you dry spray "Eagle One Wax As You Dry" and I think you will be content.

Apply the waxs with Megs's foam pads (yellow, 2 for 1.50 or so).

markseven
07-31-2004, 02:48 PM
For off the shelf products step products that shine and protect your car (2 months or so) I would go with "Mother's Carnuba Cleaner Wax" or "Megs NXT Wax". For washing I would use Megs Gold Class Car Wash, dry with a Microfiber Drying Towels (Walmart has one, not the best, but it will do). As you dry spray "Eagle One Wax As You Dry" and I think you will be content.

Apply the waxs with Megs's foam pads (yellow, 2 for 1.50 or so).
Hey Malachi,

Haven't seen you on the E39 forum lately. How's it?

Mark :)

Malachi
07-31-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey Malachi,

Haven't seen you on the E39 forum lately. How's it?

Mark :)

Hey Mark :thumbup:

The responses have been good and have not had anything to add :cry:

Thanks for asking, see over there soon!

markseven
08-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Hey Mark :thumbup:

The responses have been good and have not had anything to add :cry:

Thanks for asking, see over there soon!
Cool Malachi!

Take Care,
Mark