PDA

View Full Version : Quick Zaino Observations

ieboy
08-01-2004, 03:35 PM
I finally took the plunge and ordered the $85 Zaino kit a week or so ago and finally got around to putting it on this weekend. I did the following Friday after work:
1. Dawn wash
2. Clay
3. Wash again with Z-6

Then yesterday morning I got up bright and early and did the rest:
4. Z-5
5. Z-5
6. Z-2
with the Z-(whatever) quick detailer in between.

The results are in. Yes, it is worth the $$$. The car shines like never before. Possibly better than the day I picked it up. Yes, it takes a while but it's easy to put on and take off (IMHO) and the results are phenomenal. I'm converted. I was skeptical too but the look of the finish when I was done was enough to sway me. Mr. Zaino, you win.

onutsguy
08-06-2004, 09:03 PM
No doubt! That stuff is incredible. The funny thing is, as good as it looks now, just wait till you get 10 - 15 coats on it. The deepness and glassy reflections are undescribable..... :thumbup:

Scott

RSPDiver
08-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Good deal! Sounds like something I may have to get shortly. In your opinon, how many evolutions will one kit provide?

dwhite815
08-08-2004, 05:29 PM
I Tryed a lot of products before giving Zaino products my full support. I have detailed about 10 cars for friends etc(yes for money) and all were very happy. The other best thing is my porter cable 7424 polisher. Mequires make a bonnett for it so no more rubbing off sealant by hand. Glory days my arms will last longer. Yes I also put Zaino on with my pc, speed of 2. I have worked on and around trucks and cars for 35 years . I am sticking with Zaino untill some-one can show me better products. You get what you pay for,quality. Keep on polishing. I find 3 or 4 coats of Z2 do the job. Denny

chpsk8
08-20-2004, 02:20 PM
I might be new here, but I've been using Zaino for a few years. You really want to make that paint "pop"? Add a coat of S100 pure carnuba wax. It gives the finish a deep rich look and takes the sterile look of the Zaino away. I usually do about 4 coats of Zaino, let it cure a week, then hit it with S100. It's a fine blend of pure carnuba and beeswax. Goes on and off as easy as Zaino does. You can get it at your local Harley Davidson dealer. At least thats where I get mine. :)