PDA

View Full Version : Can it's be battery related issues ?

Benderis
03-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Hello,

I have spend some time reading about the bad battery related issues and have some questions can it's be related to the battery . First of all I am new 760LI owner bought car week ago . When I bought it it's had dead battery and totally empty tank it's what truck driver said when he delivered car to Chicago from CA . After week driving I have those issues now .

1. CA Sometimes working sometimes not

2. When I open doors inside lights not coming up but after little bit driving they are coming up after opening doors

3. Check engine on and looks like car have misfire but not always , sometimes I drive it and it runs perfectly but when stop at the stop light car is shaking little bit sometimes more sometimes less

4. Yesterday I was driving and after shut off car the low oil level light come up , I know when I bought car the oil level was. ok. and today I was driving it was saying oil level ok. I made picture somehow in the engine picture it show low level and where is the bar it's shows almost MAX lvl .

I did try to find out where is dipstick to manually check the oil lvl but can't find does anyone know where it's locating on 760li 2006 ? I attached picture it's on the right side and looks like it's transmission oil dipstick because it says on it Oil DOT-4 .

I already ordered cable to register new battery in the car and thinking about one of those batteries Duracell Procell Platinum AGM Battery (http://www.batteriesplus.com/product/42032-SLI49AGM-Duracell-Procell-Platinum-AGM-Battery/560-SLI/3951-Car-and-Truck-Batteries/126020-BMW/760LI/2006-to-2008-V12-6-dot0L-720CCA.aspx) or from autozone Duralast Platinum (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Platinum-Battery/2006-BMW-760LI/_/N-jnkdlZacy27?itemIdentifier=319459_636898_0_) what you think about those ? I know regular batteries from Duracell have no competition but not sure how good they will be on the car .

Ultimate745i
03-20-2013, 07:44 PM
I cant speak to the full extent of your issues, but I do know that NOT registering a new battery
does tend to make the car run erratically and show many warnings, codes and issues as you're experiencing.

Benderis
03-20-2013, 08:05 PM
I have not replaced yet battery , waiting for the cable so I can register it . Just battery was dead when I purchased car .

Ultimate745i
03-20-2013, 08:10 PM
I have not replaced yet battery , waiting for the cable so I can register it . Just battery was dead when I purchased car .

But if battery had died COMPLETELY and recharged, the car's computer wont know the difference.
I'm not absolutely positive about this prognosis, I'm simply going on past threads/posts I've read on similar issues.