BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Drum Roll... My F01!

19K views 204 replies 45 participants last post by  chrischeung 
#1 ·
Well gents... All things must come to an end. And my time with my e65 has ended (but I will certainly remain active with that great bunch of guys!) and now the dawn of the F01 begins!

Stats: MINERAL White Metallic over Saddle Brown & Black Nappa - 09' - And when I say clean as fok... If you know me... Then you KNOW it is just that! Because I am one meticulous MF.

Sport pkg - Luxury Seating pkg - HUD - Convenience pkg - Camera pkg - Driver Assist pkg - Heated Steering Wheel

Now then the weather is quite crummy: rainy and overcast now and all weekend. BUT here are at least some shots of the interior and one exterior pic for now.
You know how you can tell if a pre owned car is TRULY in immaculate shape? The INTERIOR! Specifically the DRIVERS side: seat, door, lights panel, A/C vent controls and radio & seat controls.

Case in point... ;)

Drivers Side:

Now from the passengers side/perspective:

Rear:

Spare key

And one dirty poor lighting shot of the exterior :D

There ya have it. And as you can imagine... If the interior was kept up this fantastic, the exterior is just as nice. Not one dent to be found! Stay tuned for pics once Sunny and detailed to my standards...

~ Big Marcus

See less See more
#3 ·
Well I saw it coming , again congrats bro and enjoy the beast :)

You need a new sig!

#5 ·
#8 ·
Nice! Congrats :thumbup:

The interior is just what I want, also (and have it in my 7 as well...)

The only thing I don't get, is the roof spoiler... What's that and why to put such a thing in a limousine-like car???

#12 ·
Congrats on the pick up! Beautiful interior!

#14 ·
Beautiful! Well done!

#15 ·
Txstyle, congrads bro!! Beautiful car. Enjoy in good health. Seems like the season of alpine white e65 owners getting into white f01s!!! Been looking myself, found a gorgeous 750li sport and all options alpine on black. If it was the short wheel base it would be in my garage now. Let me know how you like the upgrade.

#17 ·
Congrats Big M! Nice car. :thumbup:

(Formerly llando88 formerly Wingspan)

#18 ·
Saddle interior is the best IMHO (but then, I'm biased). Can't believe what great condition the car is in. Great find!

#19 ·
Nice txxxxx those bolsters look pristine I'm sure so does the rest of the car

#21 ·
Wow great condition!

I looked on eBay motors just to see some high mileage f01/02s and it seems our leather holds up really well over the years!

Are you planning on keeping the wheels? I saw you said you were going to replace the tires, just curious. My 740 was identical to yours exterior-wise.

Great find
Enjoy it!!
Chris

#23 ·
Wow great condition!

I looked on eBay motors just to see some high mileage f01/02s and it seems our leather holds up really well over the years!

Are you planning on keeping the wheels? I saw you said you were going to replace the tires, just curious. My 740 was identical to yours exterior-wise.

Great find
Enjoy it!!
Chris
Chris,

I ALWAYS change out wheels. But I ALWAYS hang on to the stockers just for the very reason in this case. The dealer or 99% of anyone who buys the car next won't care or give a isht about high $$$ aftermarket wheels. Sometimes you sell to a fellow enthusiast but rarely.
So now I will sell my 22" CV1 grab something for this car, stack the factory rims in my garage and roll.

~ Big Marcus

#24 ·
Put the Vossens on the new one. I know the rear offsets are a bit different but on their website the f01 with your eheels look sick. I had the same rims for my e66 but off sets made them sit in.. Wish in would have kept them now that I have my new 7 too. Anyhow congrats. I literally did both angel eyes in less than 10 mins. No bumper removal or taking headlights out to change them!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App

#25 ·
Put the Vossens on the new one. I know the rear offsets are a bit different but on their website the f01 with your eheels look sick. I had the same rims for my e66 but off sets made them sit in.. Wish in would have kept them now that I have my new 7 too. Anyhow congrats. I literally did both angel eyes in less than 10 mins. No bumper removal or taking headlights out to change them!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App
Oh trust me... I want to!!! :yikes:

But the offsets and fitment is too off. Would look ridic! :cry:

~ Big Marcus

#32 · (Edited)
#35 ·
That's what I was thinking! These cars already do this overseas so surely it's a simple coding job...? I figured half you guys were watching movies already! :D
And what about all this 'rolling WiFi' i heard about...

Thanks rookie2008!

~ Big Marcus

#38 ·
Congratulations Big Marcus! Can't wait to see what wheels you put on. I have the same style 252 stock wheels that you do.

I am surprised to see full sets of Akebono sets advertised on tirerack. I spoke to Akebono as the are made close to where I live in Louisville, KY. They told me that they are not going to make rear pads. They sent me a free set of the EUR1409 Front pads. So I am a bit concerned if the rears listed here actually fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.