PDA

View Full Version : Am I destroying the environment?

DougG
08-09-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't know about where you are, but in this area the local news stations have been running a lot of "features" recently about how bad it is to wash your car in your driveway. GIVE ME A BREAK! I've enjoyed washing my cars for about 40 years now. My only trips through the car wash are in the really dismal winter months when there's really no choice.

These features all seem to point out the benefits of using a commercial car wash where they properly dispose of the soapy water, etc. It makes me wonder if the car washes are sponsoring these news bits. :thumbdwn:

Oh yeah, one suggestion they had if you want to continue to wash your own car is to do it on your front lawn so the ground absorbs the runoff. Ummm, I don't think so in my neighborhood. And I'd bet that an ounce or so of car-wash soap creates a heck of a lot les environmental problems than the fertilizers and insecticides that wash off everyone's lawns around here!

DougG

JetBlack330i
08-09-2004, 03:12 PM
A quote from a movie I watched last night... (BTW, I don't recommend Megalodon)
The owner of an oil drilling rig on the constant harrassment he suffers from protesters:
"These damned environmentalists camp out here and at the end of the day they go home in their nice and cozy BMWs. If you want to make a point, chase me in a bicycle." :rofl: