BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Laguna Seca Blue Msport?!

6K views 43 replies 22 participants last post by  TonyDitaly 
#1 ·
#2 ·
"QUITE POSSIBLY THE ONLY ONE, LIKE IT, ON THE PLANET" - there's a reason for this.

#4 ·
#6 ·
It does, doesn't it? Very cohesive. If you're going OTT on the color, you should do so on the whole car.

#10 ·
not my cup of tea. Laguna seca blue on an m3 i like, on a big body 750, no thank you.

#11 ·
I actually saw the same one in-person at the Century West BMW in Studio City. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I personally didn't like it and I have a feeling it's going to be hard unload a F01 in this color when the time comes. It's also gonna stick out like a sore thumb on the highway and quickly become a ticket magnet. :)

#12 ·
In some ways, I hope they do sell it soon for a good price. While not my taste, I do support the notion that dealerships try to get different cars in and show the possibilities for BMW beyond the usual silver, black and blue.

#13 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a customer says it wants a Laguna Seca Blue 7 Series, dealer takes a deposit ($1,000?), places an order, car arrives, but the customer says it's reconsidered, dealer is required to give back the deposit and is stuck with the car? This is the very reason US dealers turn a blind eye to BMW Individual orders, right? Would the deposit be returned in Europe?

#16 · (Edited)
It may be covered by CA state law. My understanding in CA is that deposits are fully refundable. That is a possibility in this case.

I read a post where Center BMW in Sherman Oaks CA refused to custom order a 3 series without a moonroof, even with a deposit. In case the purchaser pulled out and they were stuck with that car. Here's the post from 2003 - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42233

#20 ·
Why do I have the feeling this car will end up on chrome wheels?

#30 ·
its because cars in the USA are super cheap compared to the rest of the world, usually costing just half as much. try doubling your car prices, then most likely you wont see the cars you see now.

#37 ·
OK - I'm getting back on topic...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.