PDA

View Full Version : Loose interior trim

cronimi
08-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Before I picked up my car in May, I had the dealer install the aux. audio input. (Of course, the iPod integration kit was announced shortly thereafter.) Several weeks later, I noticed a rattle. Eventually, I discovered it was the horizontal trim. The joint of the piece above the head unit and the long piece above the glove box was loose and protruding about a quarter inch. I can push it in, but when I let go it moves back out.

How do I get it to stay secured?

HW
08-18-2004, 05:27 PM
bring it back to the dealer for replacement or reinstall.

cronimi
08-18-2004, 05:34 PM
bring it back to the dealer for replacement or reinstall.
I was afraid that would be the answer. No DIY fix-it? Well, I was thinking of getting the iPod adapter installed, I guess they could take care of it then....

HW
08-18-2004, 05:38 PM
the diy are here

http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=25

you can try this yourself but if you screw up, they may not repair what you broke. :dunno:

cronimi
08-18-2004, 05:46 PM
you can try this yourself but if you screw up, they may not repair what you broke. :dunno:
Good point. I'll have the dealership take care of it.

HW
08-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Good point. I'll have the dealership take care of it.

i too find that more often the dealership would muck up something else when they try repair something. usually i evaluate how they might fix it and decide if i can do a better job myself or if i have the proper tools to do it or if i can possibly muck up a delicate part.