PDA

View Full Version : Leather Products Intercompatibility

bimNaround
08-19-2004, 02:29 PM
I've read numerous opinions about which product to use on leather but I haven't been able to find any mention about whether switching from one brand to another is inadvisable. Are there products that work in such a different way that switching to a different product would result in a problem or do all the major brands "play" well with the others?

Malachi
08-19-2004, 11:20 PM
I've read numerous opinions about which product to use on leather but I haven't been able to find any mention about whether switching from one brand to another is inadvisable. Are there products that work in such a different way that switching to a different product would result in a problem or do all the major brands "play" well with the others?

I have not read of any issues switching leather cleaners. I have gone from Lexol to water to Woolite cut with water 6 to 1. I apply Lexol conditioner every so often.

bimNaround
08-21-2004, 09:59 AM
I have not read of any issues switching leather cleaners. I have gone from Lexol to water to Woolite cut with water 6 to 1. I apply Lexol conditioner every so often.

Thanks for the info. I guess based on no contrary opinions that there isn't a problem. I hadn't quite made up my mind about which product to use and didn't want to have a problem if I decided to switch later. Now at least I can feel good about getting something on the leather which it probably an order of magnitude more important than the "just right" product for me. :thumbup:

Malachi
08-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess based on no contrary opinions that there isn't a problem. I hadn't quite made up my mind about which product to use and didn't want to have a problem if I decided to switch later. Now at least I can feel good about getting something on the leather which it probably an order of magnitude more important than the "just right" product for me. :thumbup:

That is right. It is really important to clean it. One can use a damp wash cloth to do that if you don't have anything else. It is our body oils that tend to break down the leather.

It is much more important to clean (I use Woolite 6-1), then 303 to protect and Lexol to condition.