PDA

View Full Version : AAAAArghhh..SWirls all over!

Fifty_Cent
08-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Especially the hood.

The thing is, I had my car covered the last 2 weeks. Now, it is full of light scratches(swirl marks).

I only have 3M Hand glaze polish at hand now.
I have direct access to Autoglym products, from a gas station.

Are they any good?

I have found the 3M to work great so far, but it is going to finish anytime now, so I wonder what to do.

Please help me with any brands / on line shops that have good products for dark colours.

Regards,

Paris Hadjimanoli

Spectre
08-25-2004, 02:00 PM
If you search a bit, you'll see a number of us have been using Griot's machine polishes in combination with a Porter Cable random orbital buffer for application and/or removal. We did a detailing clinic using a black 5er a couple of weeks back and it came out very nicely.

gordo325xiwagon
08-26-2004, 04:13 AM
I think the most important aspect of removing swirl marks is using a series of finer polishes and then a glaze or swirl remover. Everyone has there favorite brands and techniques, but it seems we all use a successively finer polishing compound to acheive a swirl-free finish.

BTW the use of an orbital machine is BETTER than applying by hand. Not only is it much easier, the application is more uniform and consistent. Get the Porter Cable with the velcro backed pads. The other pads, the ones that tie on, or slip over the backing disc, have a tendency to slip around and are a PITA. gordo