PDA

View Full Version : Car covers??

mwagner1
08-25-2004, 07:07 AM
Hey all,

I see that BMW lists car covers as a dealer installed option. I think that maybe they are Noah Car Covers made by Kimberly Clark.

Are they any good?? I would like to know what the best car cover is for my upcoming E60. One for maybe short term use (in the shopping mall parking lot) and maybe one for long term garage storage (if needed)...

Thanks,

Mark in Austin

jw
08-25-2004, 07:12 AM
Too bad you don't have an E46. If you're interested in a car cover that is of better quality than the Noah you might check Cal Car Covers.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68103

phrider
08-25-2004, 08:37 AM
How do the Cal Car Cover superweave, Noah, and stormweave fabrics compare?

jw
08-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Don't they have a description of them on their site? I haven't tried all three so I couldn't tell you. :dunno:

gordo325xiwagon
08-26-2004, 05:08 PM

I bought from Cal Car Cover. I have the Superweave. It is is more like gortex and it will not stay wet...it is very thin and you can shake the water out to dry quickly...no cotton liner. The other two have soft cotton or fabric liners, but they get soaked in a rain and are a pita if you have to pack them. No breathable covers are 100% waterproof, but I think the superweave comes the closest. It is also the most expensive, around $300.

I bought the stormweave first, and sent it back for the superweave. The noah is just too big and bulky for me

For the Z, I have two covers, a superweave for outdooors, and a soft cotton one for indoors. gordo